Home

Sick compulsion

-= GHAZNET =-

I've changed my opinion on bowing tbh. I usually give a quick nod for the first time, if I'm playing someone I haven't played before.

Call me sad if you like, but if someone makes a good combo on me and we break apart and/or it finishes it, then I'll nod or bow as in a 'nice one, well done' kind of comment.

Like most though I've learnt not to take my eye off of the opponent unless you're on a 30 win duel server and played each other 20 times in a row!

It's all pretty academic I think. I wouldn't necessarily expect a darksider to bow, or oneoflife'sschmucks for that matter. If they want ot play in character then let them. If they haven't learnt the code of honour then fine, they will do and accept and reject as they see fit.

Bowing arbitrarily is too far one way I think. Spreading yourself before any type of opponent, real life, virtual or whatever is more an act of habit than 'pure honour' or whatever that is.

You phools, bowing didn't start at 1.02. Didn't any of you used to play Dark forces 2 : Jedi Knight ? Thats where it came from, along with the Spork mod. *In old decrepit mans voice* Those were the days, when a duel actually was a duel, not all this madness that happens today. There was a proper community on the MSN gaming Zone, that was a real mans game.

Next time you bow in a duel or someone bows to you, remember my little post about where this all started and what its all for, please don't bow for the hell of it, if you're not gonna bow at least wait until the other guy has, don't go ape on him just cos you want an easy kill.

Hmm, since I havn't posted on here for a while, I might as well have a rant.

Whats the point of cheap moves, easy kills and the obsession with winning no matter the cost ? Yes ok, you're at the top of the scoreboard and everyone thinks you're very kool. But did you really enjoy yourself?

What else ? Oh yeah, scripts are dumb, learn to play.

Guess that'll do for now, go ahead and flame me, go on, I dare yah!!

[JCC]Kainite-JM

This debate is an old one, and a completely pathetic one as well.

Here's my conclusion to this debate:

Respect each other's view on things, and don't go banzai on a guy when he bows, simply because he is defenseless...

Be a sportsman, act like a sportsman - no matter if you're "acting out the darkside" or not....

There, everyone happy now? If not, tell my why.

I find it funny how some people justify that just becuase it is cyberspace makes it so you don't have to respect anyone or be act as you would in real life.

I often see people say, its just a game as an exuse for being an ******* and generaly a rude person.

Cyberspace, Real life. There are still real people behind them. The only reason you act the way you do is becuase you dont have to worry about getting decked in the face in real life.

Cyberspace tends to bring out a person's REAL personality...

Originally posted by Cedrin

I find it funny how some people justify that just becuase it is cyberspace makes it so you don't have to respect anyone or be act as you would in real life.

I often see people say, its just a game as an exuse for being an ******* and generaly a rude person.

Cyberspace, Real life. There are still real people behind them. The only reason you act the way you do is becuase you dont have to worry about getting decked in the face in real life.

Cyberspace tends to bring out a person's REAL personality...

Word.

My thoughts exactly, it isn't a bot you're playing with...

Ever noticed how idiotic and "lame" sportsmen in real life get avoided? I'm talking about those that are very violent in football fx, or those that never give interviews, care about the team or just appear very careless and coldhearted. These people get avoided, and soon other people won't want to play with them, if their life depended on it.

Tons of these people are on the net, and each day I have to put up with their sh*t, simply because we're in the same game and can't avoid each other. I won't let myself be tyranized by such childish behaviour, and this is the main reason I am not online playing folks as much as I'd like to.

Originally posted by cjais

Word.

My thoughts exactly, it isn't a bot you're playing with...

Ever noticed how idiotic and "lame" sportsmen in real life get avoided? I'm talking about those that are very violent in football fx, or those that never give interviews, care about the team or just appear very careless and coldhearted. These people get avoided, and soon other people won't want to play with them, if their life depended on it.

Tons of these people are on the net, and each day I have to put up with their sh*t, simply because we're in the same game and can't avoid each other. I won't let myself be tyranized by such childish behaviour, and this is the main reason I am not online playing folks as much as I'd like to.

And for that reason alone is why I go to HP. Totally relaxed atmosphere and not some "hurry up you G@Y l@m3r" crap!

I hate that. There used to be a lot of servers where you could go and not have to worry about "people" being jerky. Not anymore, very few now. And your right Jais, this argument has been re-hashed a zillion times.

I totally agree with kainite, Jais, jedi-redemption and alanuk.

Peace

Woooohooooo, I got respect, amazing. Alan I thought it was some guy agreeing with me, then I realised it was only you :). But strangers agreeing with me as well, now thats sumthin special. I might get used to this whole forum posting thing. Never be the same as the old JK1 days (yes here I go again) on the massassi forums. Damn I wishe everything was the way it was.

[JCC]Kainite-JM

I'm probably repeating things that have already been said considering the amount of replies but here goes. I'm rather nuetral on the whole thing. I don't generally bow, but I don't jump right in and slaughter the other guy mid-bow should he choose to do so. It seems that people on both sides are being complete dumbasses over the whole thing. You got fools who kick someone for refusing to bow, and then you got the ones who jump right in to cut a bower's head off. Don't you find both to be a bit extreme? The only reasonable excuse I can see for kicking a non-bower is if they strike the other guy mid-bow. But that's just plain stupid to kick some guy because you bowed and then sat there for 2 minutes insisting that the other guy does too. The purpose of the game is for fun. If you prefer to bow then great. I encourage it. If you don't prefer to bow, I encourage that too. Should a bower and a non-bower come accross eachother in a duel, just deal with eachother. Let the other guy bow. Deal with it if the other guy doesn't bow back. The other guy is probably just as irked over it as you are so just leave it at that and get on with your damned match. Generally when people bow to me I send a taunt back. A clear message, I think. After that there's no excuse for them to be expecting me to bow and be caught off-guard by an attack.

Archived