Home

Admin work... Client numbers...

Brina1

Anybody know how I can grab a list from the server about which client number has which name? I get so scared sometimes that I'm going to slap, slay or ban the wrong person... I only do that when they're annoying the rest of the population or if they're interfering with me when I'm trying to do things with the server... It's a dedicated server and it's on a computer that has no monitor... I don't feel like lugging a monitor around just to run commands on the server console so I need rcon... and so then I ask what do I do to get a list of who is with which client number?

Do it this way.

When you first turn on your server you need to enter your rcon password with this line in your control box:

\set rconpassword <your password here>

Then once you are in the game goto the console and type in the exact same thing.

Now all you need to do to execute a command is the following:

\rcon status = your server status (get client number here)

\rcon slap (clientnumber)

\rcon Clientkick (clientnumber)

You get the idea.....

With the password "set" in the game as well as the server you do not need to add the password with every command.

Originally posted by Caius

What does slap do?

(I'm a server admin)

Caius

it basically causes a powerful backhanded slap from a massive invisible hand to smack the person extremely hard and then broadcasts to the server that they were bitchslapped by the admin... it hurts a lot too!

thanks to the two of you who gave me info on how to retrieve the client numbers! MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!! I just wanna hug you two! Oh geeze, now I'm starting to sound like I might actually have a warm heart! lol

Archived