Home

The merciless slaughter of another lunger

Brina1

The setting is the Narshadda Loading Terminal by the hanger opening. The forcefield to the hanger is turned off at the moment.

I stand with my back to the opening... The lunger sets up his lunge and then leaps... I run foward, whip around facing his back and force push him out the hanger...

The next time I stand with my back all the way against the sniper rifle and have the rifle out looking like I'm trying to snipe him during the crouch... But in actualilty it's just a prop for misdirection... He lunges, I sidestep out of his way... OUT THE HANGER HE GOES!!!!

I stand by the sniper rifle again and he comes up the side to keep that from happening again... I step back and choke him while he's recovering from the missed lunge and hold him over the edge of he hanger... When the choke hold ended which I only for sadistic purposes held to its full extent then he fell to his death...

The next time he tries the other side and I choke him over the side and he uses force push on me... Which makes me let go of him. Oh, a shame, I let go... <looks down from the edge of the hanger> Next time pack a parachute buster!

That's actually application of martial arts in JK2... using your opponent's own weight and physical force against them! This is why in martial arts you never want to throw all your weight into anything, anybody with half a brain can easily use it against you... In applying it to JK2 it could very well be you going out of a hanger or off a cliff if you overbalance yourself like that...

Originally posted by zerowingzero

Anyway this map you speak of sounds pretty cool, got a link to it?

It's a conversion of a map from the original Jedi Knight... The button activated traps in it aren't as... effective... as in the original... In the original many of the buttosn would drop a bunch of thermals... But instead they're just lasers that fire in a set pattern that're too easy to block... At least the lasers in the original were inaccurate like the EK-11 and much faster paced...

Anyway I picked it up on the levels section of http://www.jediknightii.net

The original's much better... specially since it had a WORKING medbot...

As for constantly dodging and hope they get it? Why? Why not just capitalize on their predictability piss them off by killing them every time they try the same move?

Originally posted by Sith Maximus

You are so proud of yourself for the mere reason that you killed a newbie a bunch of times. Yawn............:rolleyes:

Newbie? Give me a break, I've had the game a week and can't execute a DFA or Lunge myself...

What I'm proud of is not killing a scrub, it's the fact that there seems to be nobody out there who's capable of defending against something... They decide they hate something, give it a name with the word "whore" at the end of the name, and then don't bother to come up with strategies to defeat it, instead they just whine whenever someone does it...

What I'm proud of is being able to defeat something that 80% of the population does nothing but whine about!

Brina, you do sound inexperienced to me, so I'm with Maximus.

Fight me and I'll show you my fair share of counter attacks, moves, guises, disguises, offense, defense, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

You say you've been playing for a week, which is fair enough. So quiting moaning, practice some and realise it's empty boasting about killing a crap player on a forum he or she probably doesn't even read.

Big deal.

I'm with you Brina.... these forums are ripe with people crying about all the spam moves. I can empathize with those that whine: I've been frustrated more than once by the a@@fighter or the lunger, etc., but I also lean towards your attitude of learn how to deal with it.

I'm not a great player... my schedule won't permit the hours of practice that would enable me as a braggart, but I do have the satisfaction of turning a few strong moves into a weak ones by using counters simular to the ones you mentioned.

There was one game, though.... this guy kept push/pull/lunging me.... man.... killed my like 15 - 20 times. I could *not* seem to counter it. He knocked my on my ass several times... during one of my "deaths" I checked my points in pull and it turns out that I only had 1 or 2 (first bubble). I reallocated some points, got back in the game, and when he came to pull, I stood my ground facing him (or her) and was able to stay on my feet and sidestep the lunge. Unfortunately this player disconnected right after that, so I didn't get a chance to get any get back. It *was* about 2:00 am....

I'm definately going to have to d/l that map, though. Maybe I'll have the opportunity to get online this weekend... I'm usually on at about 10:30 pm to 1:00 am Fri - Sun and sometimes during the early afternoon.

BTW, ignore those guys... they probably live somewhere like Silicon Valley.

Cya!

SkinWalker;)

Archived