Home

does anyone still have a dreamcast

ibballin

• 3 weeks later...

The Dreamcast is the most incredible system ever made. There's at least 50 worthwhile titles for it, not counting the sports titles. Provided you're a very open-minded hardcore old-schooler like me, you really can't go wrong with a DC. Nearly every game put out by Sega, nearly every fighting, survival horror or shooting game from Capcom, Grandia 2, Dance Dance Revolution, Quake 3 (I like it on the couch), any Neo-Geo port, Bangai-O and any other Treasure game.. truly, an incredible system.

Even though commercial software is dead, homebrew is not. There's some truly great emulators for the DC that make it all the more worth owning if you're like me and can't stand playing emulated games 2 inches away from a tiny PC screen.

The Saturn was also very underrated, but I'll save my defending of it for later.

• 4 weeks later...

i loved my dc. I still have it...i have Crazy Taxi 2, Shenmue, Tony Hawk 1 & 2, Jet Grind Radio, crap I forgot the fighting ones name...its an awesome game..., Ecco the Dolphin and some others I think. People I know burned me copies of the games because you couldn't buy them anywhere. I know its bad.... but really the DC was a good game system. Its too bad I bought one just before it flopped. It figures. I bought it for like 100 bucks and two months later best buy is practically giving them away as a door prize.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73981

I got mine new back when they were $99.99 (back

when they first announced no more were going to be

produced) plus a bunch of controllers and 4x memcards, a vga box

and other cool stuff for pretty cheap. Got a load of

games too. And yes, I still play it... just unlocked all the

characters in MvC2 (that took forever, and the last few

weren't worth it, but it was fun getting there!).

Great

system... got a Saturn too (bought that a few years ago,

used, still works great) and have my genesis from way

back. I guess I'm sorta partial to sega consoles.

Memories... ; )

Actually, if you're looking for DC titles, a

few new import titles are still trickling out (check

sites like videogamesdepot.com or cart-mart.com for details).

Dcemulation is a great site, lots of quality stuff there

(like divx players and emulators for other systems to

play on the dc). Lot of fun games, I agree. ; )

:(

I really liked the dreamcast....one of my roommates in college had one. We played it all of the time!! He had this sweet fighting game kinda like MK only 10x better IMO. I can't remember the name.....it was put out by Namco I do remember that.

Like Rhett, I was gonna by one and then I heard that they won't be making them anymore....so I think that's when I bought a playstation 2, or maybe it was a little later then that. Who knows ......

Archived