Home

Is JK2 Multiplayer G@Y?

GrEEk_OuTcAsT

JK2 for sure has the most complaining community I have ever met.

People complain with whatever way they die in any version of the game.

In 1.02 it was DFA, in 1.03 it was pull - backstab with kicks, in 1.04 is it kick or the high blocking?

I think that all versions could be played. These things about the 1.03 patch being skilless and such are stupid in my opinion. The skill can be showed in many ways. There were people that were pull-backstabbing better than others, people that were DFAing better than others, people that kicked better than others etc. There is no doubt that any kind/style of play requires skill even if some people don't understand it.

Even in "no-saber" games with "only kicks" the most skilled player will win so arguing that a patch is for newbies or for rookies is a stupid comment.

The problems and the complaints of the people are not these skill shiet. These are just stupid ways to express why you did lost.

The real problem is that all the community wants the Style of play to fit the Star War Movies. People don't like to lose from kicks because they never saw Darth Maul to die from a Foot in the face. They want to die with Realistic (for the movies) saber swing, impressive backstabs and such.

So the problem is not about the skill, but about the way the gameplay work to fit the movies. That's why we play JK2 after all. To simulate the experience of being a Jedi. If it is all about to need GunWeapon/Kick skills (Yes they are still skills) to win then we should either go play Quake or Street Fighter.

What we need is an enjoyable game with the Lightsaber to be the master of the items and with the 60% of the skill to need to be spent there the rest 30% to the forces and only the 10% to the Guns/Kicks and any other non-jedi damaging moves.

I think your right for the most part. There is a lot of bitching and complaining on this site (which I have done my part to contribute), but I would have to say that most of it is a result of complaints against people whoring certain things.

It's not kicks in general that are bad, or DFA's that are bad, because we all know that we use them too. It's just the people who go out there, and they only have one damn move and keep using it over and over again. Things like this make the game frustrating and un-enjoyable for people when they are dying by what may be deamed a "stupid" method.

When you began a duel, and someone pulled/backstabbed you 5 seconds into the battle and you are killed, it does get frustrating after awhile.

Everyone's got an opinion, and the right to express it. That's what message boards are for -- discussing the game.

Just to prove your point, I'm sure that SOMEONE will flame me just for posting this response...lets see.

To the guy before who said it gets frustrating to constantly die to the same thing, just imagine how frustrating it is when you're the one that uses it and people constantly bitch to you about it and yet fail to acknowledge counters even exist, regardless of the fact that they can't do it to you, no, you must be cheating, of course.

There is only one answer.

Get better.

Because we all know that the most important part of the game is to win....always....at all cost.

We need diversity...in all its twisted forms.

We need talented people, we need whiners, we need whores....or else, most of us would be bored to death.

Heck, i even like those poor guys that get messed up cuz i don't bow and try to vote me off.

Face it people....we crave the nasties....either the good ones or the lousy ones, so we can focus our (game) hatred somewhere.

It would also be very helpful to me , if anyone has seen Max (my favourite goat), tell her to come back home.....plz

Interesting point. I just happen to disagree.

Take today for examply, I happened to win a saberlock against a guy and he accuses me of scripting. Big deal, I'll just write back that I don't, in the nicest sort of way... He tries hard to chatkill me while I'm explaining things to him, but I barely survive with 4 hp (and whooped his ass, btw).

Now, that experience really ruined my day, and I'd be happy if I didn't have to summon all that rage I felt for this sinner, but I did.

i played this one kid today that all he would do was run around and lunge at me, i seriously don't think i saw him do anything else. after i beat him with 100 21 power left, i told him to get a new strategy, and he typed "stfu". god, those kinda kids make my day.

Originally posted by zerowingzero

Lol the Avatar geting to your head?

Actually ermm..... I am sort of... beginning to..... ummm.... feel blessed in my avatar's presence... I can't describe it, I'm just a kind of new and better person, ever since I got this dude on the forums....

Could also have something to do with the fact that the "C" in cjais stands for Christian... not kiddin' you, and to think I was never christened...

Originally posted by cjais

Interesting point. I just happen to disagree.

Take today for examply, I happened to win a saberlock against a guy and he accuses me of scripting. Big deal, I'll just write back that I don't, in the nicest sort of way... He tries hard to chatkill me while I'm explaining things to him, but I barely survive with 4 hp (and whooped his ass, btw).

Now, that experience really ruined my day, and I'd be happy if I didn't have to summon all that rage I felt for this sinner, but I did.

I can get in about 120clicks per second just by button mashing in a saber lock... I've only ever lost one saberlock and it was to my sister who can click just as fast... And she was using Force Push at the same time...

I love saberlocks... And when I click someone to the ground in one it gives me this satisfying crunchs, usually I switch to redstance in the middle of the saberlock while clicking just so I can do all that much more damage when they fall to the ground...

If you doubt I can click that fast, I'll tell you the secret... I tense all the muscles in my hand up so much it causes the hand to go into a rapidly twitching seisure... It wears my hands out fast but it works every time...

Who needs scripts?

Anyway, Cjais Saves! Er something like that... If I'm agnostic can I still make jokes like that? Cjais Saves?

120 clicks in one second!!?!?? :eyeraise:

"Whoa!" as Neo would have said....

Well, and I thought that *I* clicked liked mad! My friends complain about my saberlock-clicking because my hand goes into this spastic seizure you called it.... It shakes the table and my thumb and index finger are completely bloody after such a show...

I get scared looks from my friends when I do it, but I don't care that much...

But when I win, I never hit the guy lying on the ground... partly because of some strange ideal I have.... and partly because I have to rest my hand for a while...

Hmmm.... Cjais saves!? :eek: .... *ROFLMAO*!!! Hehe. do as zerowingzero and add it to your sig!!!!

Muahahahahahah! I will start my own lucasforums cult!

Follow ME, brothers and sisters!

Ummmm.... BTW, what does agnostic mean??? :confused:

Originally posted by ZePhyR

When I'm in saberlocks, I don't click much, so as to not embarrass myself. I almost always lose and die. Oh well I say.

I give a damn and then proceed to go ballistic on my left mouse button...

I only give up when fighting Jah warrior.... He uses the mousewheel and therefore *cannot* be beaten! Ok, I've done it once, but that was probably because he took pity on the noob that just entered his server.... He got quite surprised as far as I remember.... When I'm in a saberlock with such a mousewheel-dude, I just fight back just enough so as not to lose, merely make it a draw....

Agnostic: 'a' = not or without, 'gnostic' = knowledge of God (or something to that effect)

It basically means that you simply don't know whether or not there is a God, or that you think it is impossible to know whether or not there is a God, as opposed to:

Atheist: 'a' = same, 'theist' = belief in God

Means you don't believe in or deny the existence of any form of God.

Originally posted by Kent H

Agnostic: 'a' = not or without, 'gnostic' = knowledge of God (or something to that effect)

It basically means that you simply don't know whether or not there is a God, or that you think it is impossible to know whether or not there is a God, as opposed to:

Atheist: 'a' = same, 'theist' = belief in God

Means you don't believe in or deny the existence of any form of God.

actually an agnostic is someone who refuses to acknowledge the existance or nonexistance of any god whatsoever.

an athiest is someone who refuses to believe in the existance of a god, they believe that there is no god at all...

My attitude is that if there is an all knowing god out there that created the universe, he/she/it/whatever already knows how the universe is going to turn out which means they already know wether or not I'm going to Hell, Hel, Heaven, Nirvana, Tarterus, Elesian Fields, Valhala or whatever, which means that in creating the universe they doomed me to whatever fate I end up with, therefore if there is a God or Goddess, it doesn't freaking matter either way because whatever happens is doomed to happen anyway. Freedom of choice is an illusion if there is a god...

As for if there isn't a God, I don't care if there isn't because if there isn't it means that when the universe was created it was created with an exacting amount of energying blowing in whatever way it blew in, creating whatever amount of matter it created, which lead to the eventual eventual of life on Earth. That we're all nothing more than extremely complex chemical processes designed by natural forces to replicate ourselves. Which means that everything I'm typing here was destined to be typed by me the moment the universe sprang into existance.

Jedi Knight II exists because we can't help it existing, cars, airplains, war... we can't help them existing because it was all preordained by the creation of the universe, so whatever happens its out of our control because freedom of choice is an illusion if there isn't a god...

All that said, freedom of choice is an illusion, our concious existance is a mere illusion. It's all in our imaginations, not that our imaginations are any less of an illusion.

Whoa again!

Damn Brina, don't be so deep that my brain falls out... *LOL*

Anyheck:

I can somewhat follow your "matrix-ian" ideas...

But don't you think that there is such a thing as random acts?

I don't believe in fate, I believe that whatever happens is like ripples in water, hitting other ripples as they move and therefore create an everchanging chaos of fractals.... Or something like that - I can't explain it that well in english....

And because there is a God, doesn't mean that he has a plan with the universe - because he created it doesn't mean he has an idea of how it's going to turn out. And that applies also even if there is not a God.

And saying that our conscious existance is an illusion is a paradox in itself, since the very idea of a conscious existance makes it real.

But don't get all bent out of shape over this, I still feel that it is your destiny to add "Cjais saves" to your sig Brina! It was preordained from the very beginning of time....

Archived