Home

Props to ZeroWingzero

Robrob

ZeroWingzero is the pinnacle of what a forum poster should be.

Now all of you look to his examples and follow his lead.

He doesn't bi@tch.

He is actually NICE!

Something other people in these forums should be.

Dance monkey dance!

You are saying Artifex was a good person, despite his horrible guide, inhuman attitude towards other's opinions and generally unpleasant demeanor?

(As much as it pains me to write this, please direct all off-topic talk to the meeting place, or some other thread where it has all gone swampy anyway. I dislike it when people create new off-topic threads, just for the sake of it - in this forum. Try going to the swamp.)

Originally posted by zerowingzero

Lol i was implying that i might be those other ppl, And from what i read, Artifex wasnt very rude,execpt to the former SC

also, and does this forum even have mods? i never see them do anything and i hardly thing that this thread is causeing much disarray.

Unless...

"Be rude to one person, and you are rude to all mankind" (Or some sh*t like that LOL)

No no, don't start to believe I'm some kind of aspiring modder...

It's just that when you take a look at the MP-forum, there's not many threads relating to the mp aspect of jk2 at all..... Just off topic talk. I have no problem with that, but when people start to create off topic threads like there's no tomorrow, this forum can get a bit bogged down...

Once again, I am for the idea to make one, big "swamp-like" off topic thread for people to unwind in, and let off steam. Any ideas?

Or do you guys just like it the way it is?

*Jais is starting to get weird looks from everyone around him, and the mob he is speaking to appears very unmotivated...*

*Jais tucks tails and runs, once again*

Originally posted by livingsacrifice

I thought the off-topic area was the meetingplace? :D

BTW-how about my new avatar! (thanks druid, good on ya!)

Peace

I thought so too living, but it appears very unused lately...

Hmmm..... Lemme guess your avatar: Val Kilmer? ;)

Unpleasant demeanor? Here I thought I was trying to help everyone out; guess I was wrong.

Sorry you didn't like my guide. Maybe you'd like to make some more precise observations about what was so "horrible" about them?

Originally posted by cjais

You are saying Artifex was a good person, despite his horrible guide, inhuman attitude towards other's opinions and generally unpleasant demeanor?

(As much as it pains me to write this, please direct all off-topic talk to the meeting place, or some other thread where it has all gone swampy anyway. I dislike it when people create new off-topic threads, just for the sake of it - in this forum. Try going to the swamp.)

Originally posted by ArtifeX

Unpleasant demeanor? Here I thought I was trying to help everyone out; guess I was wrong.

Sorry you didn't like my guide. Maybe you'd like to make some more precise observations about what was so "horrible" about them?

Ok, I think you were being very unpleasant in that *ASC*-thread of yours. I didn't see much of your other posts, but in that particular thread, you were putting out your arguments so that they showed you as being a complete jerk. It didn't really show your sympathetic side, if you know what I mean....

And quitting the game because you "mastered" one particular side of it? It's your decision, but if I were bored of the game, I'd try and see if I could "master" some other techniques in it.

And I pretty much got the feeling that you were hell-bent on winning all the time.

The guide:

It's been a while since I looked at it, but the tips I got from it was:

Blue stance: Worthless

Yellow stance: not so worthless but,

Red stance: Completely über.

No really useful playtips aside from the damage statistics. Red stance will always win over the other stances, so there's no point in training to do otherwise.

If you wish, I'd be happy to take another look at your guide and give a fair critique(sp?) of it. Hell, I'd even be happy to help you write a better guide....

I'm sorry for being such a penis and writing the slander I did, but I had built up a little "pet-hate" for you, since the day I saw your ASC-thread. I apologise.

My guides weren't intended to show all styles as equal, rather they were intended to which moves/tactics had definite advantages over less-useful techniques and how to best take advantage of them. My reasons for labeling Light Style as worthless are well supported by a huge amount of testing and poring over the game code.

Anyway, all of this will soon be a moot point anyway.

Ok, I think you were being very unpleasant in that *ASC*-thread of yours. I didn't see much of your other posts, but in that particular thread, you were putting out your arguments so that they showed you as being a complete jerk. It didn't really show your sympathetic side, if you know what I mean....

And quitting the game because you "mastered" one particular side of it? It's your decision, but if I were bored of the game, I'd try and see if I could "master" some other techniques in it.

And I pretty much got the feeling that you were hell-bent on winning all the time.

The guide:

It's been a while since I looked at it, but the tips I got from it was:

Blue stance: Worthless

Yellow stance: not so worthless but,

Red stance: Completely über.

No really useful playtips aside from the damage statistics. Red stance will always win over the other stances, so there's no point in training to do otherwise.

If you wish, I'd be happy to take another look at your guide and give a fair critique(sp?) of it. Hell, I'd even be happy to help you write a better guide....

I'm sorry for being such a penis and writing the slander I did, but I had built up a little "pet-hate" for you, since the day I saw your ASC-thread. I apologise.

Originally posted by ArtifeX

My guides weren't intended to show all styles as equal, rather they were intended to which moves/tactics had definite advantages over less-useful techniques and how to best take advantage of them. My reasons for labeling Light Style as worthless are well supported by a huge amount of testing and poring over the game code.

Anyway, all of this will soon be a moot point anyway.

And that is why I feel the guide wasn't so good:

Because you just told people the best way to win, without going deeper into how you could utilize each stance for the best result.

How can it truly be a great guide, if you don't show people how to get good at every fine art of saberfighting?

Why was light stance worthless? Because red is better you said. Why is red better then? Because of the higher damage you said, but you failed to mention that light stance has the ability to deliver 5-6 hits in the time it takes to do a slow, red swing.

And red blocks better than all of the stances, but you didn't mention that you move very slowly when swinging red swings, so the light stance player has the definite speed advantage over you - which means he can dart in after your swings, and then slash you 3 times for 75 damage.

What if I said I was a master of kicking? Would I then be a master of the game? A master of red doesn't mean the person has mastered the game. He is merely very good at it, and wins most of the time with his perfected technique.

A true master has mastered everything there is to master, not just a small slice of the game.

And that is why I feel the guide wasn't so good:

Because you just told people the best way to win, without going deeper into how you could utilize each stance for the best result.

How can it truly be a great guide, if you don't show people how to get good at every fine art of saberfighting?

Exactly. My guides were for people who wanted to win, not just use the different moves for the sake of using them. Those who want to use moves that don't help them win a match can go right ahead, but shouldn't whine when someone using more powerful, more useful moves beats them--which is what happens when Light is used against Strong.

Why was light stance worthless? Because red is better you said. Why is red better then? Because of the higher damage you said, but you failed to mention that light stance has the ability to deliver 5-6 hits in the time it takes to do a slow, red swing.

When playing in competition-level matches, those 5-6 hits you're talking about will never land, period. An experience player will just stay out of your range and beat you to death with the longer-reaching Strong swings.

And red blocks better than all of the stances, but you didn't mention that you move very slowly when swinging red swings, so the light stance player has the definite speed advantage over you - which means he can dart in after your swings, and then slash you 3 times for 75 damage.

If you can get inside and land hits with Light against a Strong player, then that Strong player really, really sucks.

What if I said I was a master of kicking? Would I then be a master of the game? A master of red doesn't mean the person has mastered the game. He is merely very good at it, and wins most of the time with his perfected technique.

A true master has mastered everything there is to master, not just a small slice of the game.

My guide is only meant for people who want to win, not for those who just think it's neat to use all the different moves, regardless of whether they will help you defeat your opponent or not. People who think they've "mastered the game" just because they use Light or Medium style a lot along with the other, more powerful moves are just kidding themselves, and will be eaten alive by the first player they come across who is willing to do what is necessary to win.

If you look closely at the ASC post, you must makea note about rule #8.

I will, upon achieving a victory, stand over the corpse of my opponent, look down and quickly tap the crouch button repeatedly. This makes it look as if I'm humping their corpse. This is a noble purpose.

How could anyone who comes up with this rule be evil? comon! Lmao i love this one

If you look closely at the ASC post, you must makea note about rule #8.

I will, upon achieving a victory, stand over the corpse of my opponent, look down and quickly tap the crouch button repeatedly. This makes it look as if I'm humping their corpse. This is a noble purpose.

Former Rainbow 6 players like to call this the butt dance. Cap an opponent, and they still see as if they are dead. So what do we do? Stand over their head, and crouch repeatedly.

I hafta say that to ppl who haven't played much b4, i always tell them that Artifex's guide is an excellent read towards becoming successful... And this was the way i started off, and while since then i've developed my own style (incorporating several of the other moves, mainly for deception purposes), my competence in JKII dueling has a heavy base in that guide, on which I have to congratulate Artifex!!!

That's despite what went on in the ASC thread (which i almost completely missed, since i only very quickly skim the forums whilst checking my email) - but that was/is one of the funniest threads in this forum!!! Gotta love that Rule#8!!! (NOW, only a few things are funnier than that, e.g. someone's seductress mod for NWN where a bug lets ppl engage in sex at several metres distance apart, lol!!! Oh, and it'd be really quite nasty to begin that kissing animation on a corpse!!!)

-really signing off now... cheers, K

PS. oh, yes i'm meant to be really signing off now... but ppl who know how to develop AI should work on a neural network model (sketchy details i posted in some other thread???) for the bots in this game, coz that'd be absolutely awesome... humanlike strategy with precision accuracy of a computer, i'd love to see that!!!

"Be rude to one person, and you are rude to all mankind" (Or some sh*t like that LOL)

No no, don't start to believe I'm some kind of aspiring modder...

It's just that when you take a look at the MP-forum, there's not many threads relating to the mp aspect of jk2 at all..... Just off topic talk. I have no problem with that, but when people start to create off topic threads like there's no tomorrow, this forum can get a bit bogged down...

Once again, I am for the idea to make one, big "swamp-like" off topic thread for people to unwind in, and let off steam. Any ideas?

Or do you guys just like it the way it is?

*Jais is starting to get weird looks from everyone around him, and the mob he is speaking to appears very unmotivated...*

*Jais tucks tails and runs, once again*

hey, these are supposed to be MY posts about getting these posts the hell outta the MP STRATEGY Center

you thief!

lol, i agree

Archived