Home

Chrome....Shiney metal......Etc

KBell

Ok, im getting pretty frustrated with my pathetic attempts at skinning my saber :p Its not that i cant do it, its that i suck at it because i really dont know any good textures to use on my saber.

So heres my question.... Can anyone give me a therough explination ( or a short one, i am gettign pretty desperate) on how to make a Silver Glossy effect on a saber's handle? Or a good Chrome effect? Im using Photoshop Elements. I was given a pretty good tut. on a certain type of metal by Musashi but that really didnt fit the need for my custom saber.

Any help would definetly be appriciated.

Or you could just post some good links. (except http://www.skindom.com cause i already searched that place top to bottom :p )

yeeeaaahhhh.....riiiight. well whatever...

Sorry for the interuption ladies and gentlemen, but i have ( with alot of digging around and some work *hint hint at Whatever your name is*) found some pretty nifty tutorials but thanks for reading this post anyway.

Anywho, goodluck to everyone on their skinning and modeling quests.

I made that thread becuase someone was asking for a batman model...forgot where it was...was informing them..unlike you...and I never misspell anything unless its on purpose...tank u bery mucho.

Ah yes....isnt it spelt grammer?...or am I mistaken...oh well this isn't skewl my friends.

gewd...was thinking I was alone on it for a sec when that other guy seemed to side with Baker:mad: . I've never put Baker down until he started hating me for some reason.

Oh and i ditched that model so quickly because I didn't realize how hard it would be for me to start modeling.(lot harder than I thought it would be....tutorials are pretty hard to follow). The guy I was gonna model has huge horns stickin outta his head and crap...so he would of been pretty hard. Atleast I've made about 5 skins though...what have you done?

• 1 year later...

See this is a prime example of how the community is not helpful, first off..even if the questionw as asked and answered before you should provide a link to the other thread.

If you had a question and you discovered the answer yourself you should post link to the tutorial that helpe you so that other people who do a search on the forums come to your thread they will have away to solve their problem instead of being stuck in a endless search of slur and insults.

You wonder why you never get answers to your question when you post and can never solve your problems by performing a search these are the reasons.

Gringo

I was searching for methods of applying a chrome shader to sections of skins, after about 15 threads just like this I got fustrated and posted my rant in the one I discovered, I also posted it as it as a suggestion as a ammendum to the forum rules, it is a prime example of the useless BS that fills all the editing forums.

Now I know your gonna bash me but man it is fustrating spending hours and hours search through people who offer n o real help. ANyway this thread should be deletes, same with 80% of the threads that give no help and offer no information. I mean a discusion is one thing, but alot the the stuff of up here is keyboard diarrhea

Archived