Home

MP - Players killing themselves before you kill them...

Rogue74

It sure looks as though people are getting all up in arms about other peoples way of playing, so I pose the question...

Is anything said here really going to change how they play? They will either learn and adapt in game, or not and come here to complain about it. The best thing to do is just play the way you play and not worry about the other person, unless they beat you.

At that point you should consider that maybe the other person is using a better (read: legal) tactic.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by AOL User

/kill is just lame in CTF. Why? Because it takes away so many other aspects in the game, making it less enjoyable to play. Except for maybe the "L337" players. You've got to accept the fact that heretics come to church, but mustn't forget why the church was built in the first place. Termites wouldn't infest wood if there wasn't something good there for them to exploit. Maybe those "L337" players have gotten so competitive that they've forgotten how to have fun with a game.

The argument is flawed in the assumption that we are not on equal footing. The kill command is available to everyone. I can only believe that it is pure arrogance to think we cannot bind a simple key. Why don't I bind a key to kill myself? Because I think its lame and using it to its fullest potential in CTF I feel takes away from the game. I should not have too list the reasons for this. I might as well ask why some find the game more enjoyable with its use. In fact I invite both arguments. Everyone should feel free to explain how they feel about the suicide command and then we'll see if it gets patched out or not. http://www.activision.com/support/

http://support.lucasarts.com/yoda/start.htm

Yes the clans mentioned (dsbr, br, hk, valar, sofd, ect) are yes ctf clans, but also do tdm, and saber ladders. Your quote on gunners are not as good as saberists is about as logical as trying to put a zip disk in your floppy drive. It doesnt make sence. Ok then if you want the /kill command taken away, the take away your cheats like helpusobi 1 or your devmap all cheats. Or better yet, have your force powers taken away, or even better. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY SABERS SO MUCH WAIT FOR STAR WARS GALAXIES TO COME OUT SO U CAN ROLEPLAY LUKE SKYWALER AND ALL THAT OTHER JEDI STUFF. Or just stay out of the ctf servers and stick to your cty, tdm, duels, ect.

And for Chrono...

I think the team is the best at something if they win at it, doing whatever is allowed to do. If they take kill/rage/speed/walkglide whatever out, then they will either still win or someone else will win, and then they will be the best at it.

If I am playing CTF, and I kill myself every 5 seconds but my team wins due to me being a good cap and d player, does that make me the best at killing myself? No, it makes my team the best at CTF, cause that is the goal of the game.

When/if anyone makes it against the rules, then like I said, someone is still going to be the best. Will the argument then shift too "hey you guys kill our guys too much" or "hey you cant have just 1 guy running the flag and the rest D" or "hey no invis no fair".

It will always be something.

Glad schools starting back soon. Get some of these bickering kids out of here. What I've seen from this thread is that now on alot of people are asking what the current rules of the day are when they log onto a server, lol. Just a game. I can play ctf well with or without suicides so it really makes no difference to me, but if I had to choose I would go without them for no other reason then because I'm pretending that I'm a jedi who gets killed from time to time and not an angel who can end his or her life at will.

garath... that above post... almost made me cry IT WAS SOO BEAUTIFUL... ok well so i didnt cry but that was a DAMN good arguement. that said, chrono, DSbr is considered the best because

a) they had 5 starters that were better than EVERYONE else out there (in the ctf world anyways)

b) they had 3 titles at once (CTF and 2 TDM's i believe)

c) their aiming ability, timing, knowledge of maps, calculations of variables (such as opponent speed, projectile speed, drop speed, ect), speed of movement (these guys could move SO fast it was unreal), and utilization of tricks (such as selfkill, strafejump, and flakjump) were all vastly superior to everyone else's

now just to let you guys know, i hated virtually everyone in DSbr that i ever met because they were ****y, arrogant, and annoying, but the one fine point that i will give them was that they are exceptionally skilled at this game. i dont care what you do or say, most players in DSbr were just better at this game. give them sabers only in a duel and i bet they would still win why? because all of their abilities that i stated earlier when combined are still effective.

now i stated before that CTF games are all about TIME... well i used to be a dueler and i also know that Duel games are all about TIMING. when to lunge, when to dfa, when to use the medium special, when to kick. all those require timing and DSbr was the best i've ever seen at timing things. for example I once saw Meta on a team when the opposing team grabbed the flag right when he was near the base. this was on yavin and meta immediatly turned on speed, grabbed a rocket launcher and waited in the intersection that is still in his base but about to be the middle. i was watching and meta kept looking back and forth, then after a certain amount of time, meta immediatly took off towards the route that was longer, fired a rocket, and killed the flag carrier as he was rounding a corner with the rocket that he fired from across the map(vertically).

now you tell me that having abilities like this they couldnt lunge you and hit you everytime or dfa you and strike at the exact place and the exact moment that you move.

The argument is flawed in the assumption that we are not on equal footing. The kill command is available to everyone. I can only believe that it is pure arrogance to think we cannot bind a simple key. Why don't I bind a key to kill myself? Because I think its lame and using it to its fullest potential in CTF I feel takes away from the game. I should not have too list the reasons for this. I might as well ask why some find the game more enjoyable with its use. In fact I invite both arguments. Everyone should feel free to explain how they feel about the suicide command and then we'll see if it gets patched out or not. http://www.activision.com/support/

pa.gif

Some f ucker killed me with that stun baton raven plz remove it i think it's an exploit you can use it as many times as you want and it does too much damage. And the f ucking bryar pistol holy sh it what is with this everytime you spawn you get one with 100 ammo and the thing is too powerful that secondary fire charge is definently an exploit i think it was just meant so that you hear a different sound when you use it raven can you remove that too.

What the heck are you babbling?

You say that you invite both arguments, but you refuse to say anything beyond 'I think its lame and it takes away from the game'.. I could be mistaken about the fine art of debating, but generally you introduce a point in your arguments.

I will certainly list my reasons why I find the game more enjoyable with its use in hopes that you will actually step up and support your 'it is lame' arguments.

a) I live for competition. CTF is a FAST game and /kill makes it even FASTER. It ups the pace and I find myself SWEATING during some of our competition matches. It is intense and makes the game FUN

b) IMO it is a strategy the same as killing your teammate and taking the flag when he's low on health/force, using energize to boost your cappers, taking a shortcut through a tiny window to bypass the defenders, using rage/speed in conjunction to be more effective at defense and strategies just happen to be part of competition teamwork. (I could be wrong here too.. go ask a football team if they use strategies)

c) I hate staring at the bottomless pit and would rather kill myself than plummet again and again and again. I fall... alot

there's a few reasons.. I'll ask again.. STEP UP and post your arguements or give up and leave the thread. I'm a very even minded person but this incessent ungrounded whining is getting on my nerves and chances are the Raven deigners aren't going to chance things based on 'it is lame'.. though you never know with Raven.

I'm not a kid waiting to go back to school. I stand to earn about $25000 a year after my next promotion, with hopefully a ton of good fortune coming my way.

And I didn't say saberists were better than gunners. I said saberists are better than gunners on saber servers, and gunners are better than saberists on gun servers. Don't put words in my mouth.

Thanks for the answer btw, I just wanted to know why people thought these clans were awesome.

Where are these Duel ladders you speak of? I'd like to join one.

Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-

I'm not a kid waiting to go back to school. I stand to earn about $25000 a year after my next promotion, with hopefully a ton of good fortune coming my way.

Ooh, lookatmelookatme, I will be earning twen-tee-thow-zind-bux per YEAR! I am wonderful and good, look how much munnee I am be maykink! Ooh, I'm such a goodygoody and I must brag about my annual income!

I'm sorry, but anyone who decides to say their argument about a VIDEO GAME is valid because they have a "good job" is just being silly. I know people who earn more than $60,000/year without thinking, and others who work their asses off for $15,000/year. So don't go bragging about money or a job. :)

Originally posted by jbone

Ooh, lookatmelookatme, I will be earning twen-tee-thow-zind-bux per YEAR! I am wonderful and good, look how much munnee I am be maykink! Ooh, I'm such a goodygoody and I must brag about my annual income!

I'm sorry, but anyone who decides to say their argument about a VIDEO GAME is valid because they have a "good job" is just being silly. I know people who earn more than $60,000/year without thinking, and others who work their asses off for $15,000/year. So don't go bragging about money or a job. :)

couldnt agree more, bragging about your riches is very poor taste indeed, I drive a Ferrari and spend the weekends in monaco in my luxury penthouse but you dont see me bringing it up in the forums.... whoops.;)

Ultimately money is not a measure of success, happiness is!

*sits in bath and drops electric toaster in*

/kill is just lame in CTF. Why? Because it takes away so many other aspects in the game, making it less enjoyable to play. Except for maybe the "L337" players. You've got to accept the fact that heretics come to church, but mustn't forget why the church was built in the first place. Termites wouldn't infest wood if there wasn't something good there for them to exploit. Maybe those "L337" players have gotten so competitive that they've forgotten how to have fun with a game.

No. I will not post my argument. But I will tell you what I feel about the exploitation of suicides in JK2 CTF. It's as if it were a Quake mod. With very little weapons but each time you re spawn you get a rocket launcher with full amo. So everybody kills themselves each time they run out. It defeats the purpose of actually playing. Or like a 50 player FFA on a map that was only meant for 8 players. Total spam with nothing impressive. Sure, I will admit there is a certain appeal to how fast paced it can be. But this gets boring fast. If I make a cap, I want to feel as if I've earned it and not just because I can spam my force powers faster. No, sir, I will not indulge you with my argument. I have already sent my piece to Lucasarts. And if they don't patch it out of the game I shall find no problem in deserting CTF. If this should be the case, you are fully welcome to find pleasure at my expense. For then you would have won and I applaud you . GG!!

First of jbone, I wasn't using that as an argument nor was I bragging. I was explaining that I wasn't just some kid trying to get his kicks on a forum. And I'm not. And if I want to talk about how much I make, then I'll talk about how much I make.

Just for the record, my profession should be getting me 3 times what I really make, but I'm not complaining because I'm happy with where I am.

I'm glad you try to find the negativity and narcissism in everyone's post jbone, but stop trying to find them in mine.

I could care less how arrogant you think I am. None of you know me in real life, nor do any of you have a good chance of meeting me. Because if you were my real friends (the ones who's opinion matters) then you would know I am a very humble person.

Tell me jbone. Does a mere "kid" make $25000 in a responsible job, which btw $25000 in FL is like $18000 in NJ. You can't live off of it and still have money to yourself.

No. I will not post my argument. But I will tell you what I feel about the exploitation of suicides in JK2 CTF. It's as if it were a Quake mod. With very little weapons but each time you re spawn you get a rocket launcher with full amo. So everybody kills themselves each time they run out. It defeats the purpose of actually playing. Or like a 50 player FFA on a map that was only meant for 8 players. Total spam with nothing impressive. Sure, I will admit there is a certain appeal to how fast paced it can be. But this gets boring fast. If I make a cap, I want to feel as if I've earned it and not just because I can spam my force powers faster. No, sir, I will not indulge you with my argument. I have already sent my piece to Lucasarts. And if they don't patch it out of the game I shall find no problem in deserting CTF. If this should be the case, you are fully welcome to find pleasure at my expense. For then you would have won and I applaud you . GG!!

Well.. then I hope you get what you are looking for, as absurd as it is.. (chances of them removing the /kill command is about the same as me winning the lottery, for the aforementioned reasons including but not limited to map testing)

But excuse me if I can't feel any sympathy to your plight since you refuse to point out exactly what it is about the /kill command you feel takes away from the game. I have a feeling that CTF is not for you, the strategic element and the fast paced action is not your style and you would be better off sticking to FFA where your individual accomplishments are recorded and not sullied by another person's actions. I find no pleasure in winning, since I have not won, you refuse to share your concerns therefore I take what you say with a grain of salt and honestly don't care about the outcome of your plight.

I'll welcome any debate from anyone that has a genuine reason that /kill is 'unfair' or 'takes away from the game'. If your answer is 'it is lame' or 'it is not the jedeye code' then please take your whiny self and direct your complaints to the nearest brick wall.

Ok. Here is my argument: From use of the suicide command, I do not find CTF fun.

Again, another nerf comes to jk2. What the hell will make u whiners shut up. FIrst they did away with the DFA overuse, then they took away the spin and knockdown. What do u want to see, a movie like battle? *** that. First off its a game, not the entire saga, where your very existance playing jk2 has an impact on what is to come (well nm that, lucas and raven listen to the whiners anyway). No wonder there are no big tournaments for this game. Look at quake, tribes and rtcw. People helped eachtother by giving TRUE exploits in the game (eg hiding up on pipes in bespin or on roofs of warring factions, safe falling with light stance). For you sabersist it would be the connection net code for when fighting. Come on, 10 min battles do not thrill me, they get boring, and with this 1.04 patch, the exciting part is when when uber blocking doesnt work and you get a hit. O wow, let me cream my pants.

Just let us CTF people be and we let u be. Besides, this community needs a pickup, and with all of us like this, not going to happen, and this game will collect alot of dust on alot of shelfs. Come on, who wants a Jedicon.

Ok. Here is my argument: From use of the suicide command, I do not find CTF fun.

i find ctf very fun and exciting with the addition of this command. what i do not find fun nor exciting is falling down a pit for 5 seconds from some push n00b standing in 1 spot and only pushing/pulling like a maniac. you can argue 'well why dont u use absorb' on some maps absorb isnt always the best force to use. i also do not enjoy chasing after people with only my pistol or saber after i have used up all of my ammo. you go ahead and define what you think is fun and do your own thing but leave us alone k? thanks

Archived