Home

MP - Players killing themselves before you kill them...

Rogue74

So if the "/kill" thing is so lame and cheap, are we to assume that people in other FPS games "exploit" it and others can't stop them?

I would imagine the same idea would work in Q3 that was mentioned above (or any game where you have a "default" weapon that doesn't use ammo).

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really thinking about the strategy. I noticed that It wont work cause its written wrong; should be a 'vstr.'

bing x "vstr bbb"

set bbb "weapon 1;wait;wait;kill"

In Q3, there's nothing to "exploit" with the '/kill' command: there's no force powers.

.... Most clans on the OGL and TWL ladders are leaving the scene.

I think the \kill commands in FFa,TFFA or anything that you got to kill people to get points, it is lame but if it CTF no ones care i mean

you killed the carrier by throwing him off,Who care if he suicide you got ur team ur flag back you should be happy,

sometime i suicide in FFA,Team FFA cuz i got a bad habbit to do so,

Since i mostly play Saber CTF

lol i never seen neone even do the /kill command to me and ive been playing pretty long. there prolly r peps who do that and ttheydo it cuz there pissed they got killed and knowing the guy who killed em is laughing they want to spoil his fun. only /kill abuse i saw was some retard killing emself over and over even if no1 attacked for fun :}

In Q3, there's nothing to "exploit" with the '/kill' command: there's no force powers.

Okay AOL User, what about this?

I use a script to instantly switch away from my BFG to the gauntlet, and then kill myself.

Oops, exploit!

And again, how about when you run out of ammo or have a regenerating ammo supply (as you do in say, Quake Fortress?)... /kill = exploit again!

I wholeheartedly do not care about a script of killing yourself and not leaving a weapon.

What I do care about is players killing themselves over 30 times inside a 15 minute CTF game. Just to regenerate the force powers because there is no immediate threat. Now, I shall assume that most of the Western World agrees with me in saying: This is ridiculous!

Raven nerfed suicide a bit in Elite Force; another Quake 3 engine game. But JK2 is far worse than anything that could be done with suiciding in that game. Which was one reason to be hopeful that they'd do something here.

Sorry if I piss in your corn flakes by calling the game stupid. For I have felt that mine were pissed in far before this point. The flak I got in this forum has left a bad taste in my mouth. Some may think that I should just "Eat it and shut up." However, I refuse to. I just wont play anymore. And so, all I'm left with is this lingering bad taste.

Bye.

• 1 month later...

I think they should disable the option to bind the kill command. The Kill command can be very useful in new force powers or if you got stuck in the game.

If kill could not be bounded then players can not easly kill themself.

Iv's seen the tactic in TeamFFA also and found it to be very sad and proof of a sore looser...

2bad kicking is not always turned on ;)

Kill self is an important part of the game. Although all you newbs seem to be offended by it it's very usefull in clan matches. Yes every time you kill yourself you regen close to your base, and yes that helps with defense. That's kind of half the point of the idea. In every clan match on TWL you go to today you will notice that BOLTH clans use the kill self command to their advantage. The only way to make a successfull online game is to make it compeditive at every level. You newbs are satisfied because you get to saber duel, and use lightning and grip, but those of us who have been playing first person shooters for years aren't satisfied with that low a level of play. We experienced gamers don't buy games because you can use "cool force powers and lightsabers," we buy games because they have enough thought put into them that they offer competition at levels beyond what the average gamer gets to. All multiplayer games DEPEND on that fact. We learn every quirk and glych in the map, and use it to our advantage. Useing force powers in such ways that you newbs call "Rage/push/pull Whoring" gives us the edge, and seperates us from the newbs like you. We use everything the game gives us to get the edge, and it's not cheating, or cheaping, or any of that crap. It's simply playing to win. If all of you "honerable Jedi's" can't handle that then just play the single player game...

TheMageMan311... I.E. -TEL-ShadowMage, RA: |MAGE|, and several other handles that i'm sure have pissed you "honerable Jedi's" off...

I can see where you're coming from, yes its fun to win, but is it really worth pissing everyone else off as well ? In CTF I can see no excuse not to use self kill, its common sense, I still laugh when I'm on my way to enemy base, enemy runs past me, turns round and tries to saber me. I mean honestly !!! What do they think they are going to acheive, kill me and I'll be back in same place in like 2 secs. Anyway, where was I..........Oh yeah. Most people say that all the supposed "l337" CTF players have bad attitudes and are rude. Thankyou for proving that point :)

Originally posted by TheMageMan311

Kill self is an important part of the game. Although all you newbs seem to be offended by it it's very usefull in clan matches. Yes every time you kill yourself you regen close to your base, and yes that helps with defense. That's kind of half the point of the idea. In every clan match on TWL you go to today you will notice that BOLTH clans use the kill self command to their advantage. The only way to make a successfull online game is to make it compeditive at every level. You newbs are satisfied because you get to saber duel, and use lightning and grip, but those of us who have been playing first person shooters for years aren't satisfied with that low a level of play. We experienced gamers don't buy games because you can use "cool force powers and lightsabers," we buy games because they have enough thought put into them that they offer competition at levels beyond what the average gamer gets to. All multiplayer games DEPEND on that fact. We learn every quirk and glych in the map, and use it to our advantage. Useing force powers in such ways that you newbs call "Rage/push/pull Whoring" gives us the edge, and seperates us from the newbs like you. We use everything the game gives us to get the edge, and it's not cheating, or cheaping, or any of that crap. It's simply playing to win. If all of you "honerable Jedi's" can't handle that then just play the single player game...

TheMageMan311... I.E. -TEL-ShadowMage, RA: |MAGE|, and several other handles that i'm sure have pissed you "honerable Jedi's" off...

Man you are so right....can I be just like you?

Now for reality. Play as you like but some of the so called no clan "noob's" also know the advatages of playing to win and all of the tricks and quirks to get us there. I have played online games a long time now (I am 32) and I do know about playing for advantage. But remember this is not a "sport" to most of the community. It is just a game and as such when people kill themselves and subtract from the point totals it makes people upset. Perhaps they do not understand the dynamics of the game but do not get upon a high horse and preach to the rest of us. As stated your attitude is why most regular players o not wish to participate in "clan" style ladder matches. Almost everytime I beat a "clan" member in a duel I hear the same b.s. lamer crap from them. Remember this is just a game to most of us, not our life's ambition.

People upset about player suicides should like a little feature I'm adding to the soon-to-be-released 3.0 version of Promod. I've added a 10 second delay to the "\kill" console command which is broadcast to all players on the server: "XXX is committing suicide in 10 seconds!"

This is only something I'm doing for team games, where it can keep suiciders from influencing base defenses.

Artifex, why bother? The people who suicide are those who play competitive CTF, and they steer away from mods as much as possible. Its not like there's going to be any problems with suiciders with promod anyway.

Additionally, a 10 second delay means that the "elites" could gain even more of an advantage. Every good player knows that it takes about 6 seconds to cap from the enemy flag plaform on Bespin Pipes. A good team would merely tap suicide the moment they pick up the flag, the rest of the team then knows they should be at the enemy flag spot in exactly 10 seconds. This would literally allow non-stop offensive with no time for a defense team to get a break.

Ill drop my 2ps worth in here, for all its worth. I never used to self kill, except if i got stuck in a wall, or some other stupid freeze from vulcanis adminmod.

So... I'd be playing the game, and perhaps I'd cap, the defender would chase me, I'd manage to escape him, so he'd /kill then rage after me and kill me. If you can't beat em join em.I didnt even /kill til I joined a clan, then saw the benefits of it, and also the severe disadvantage of not doing it. becasue yes most other players do do it, and this IS a valid reason to do it, if you do not, you are so dis-advantaged.

In the CTF game capping is everything so as a defender you MUST stop the opponent capping, if you fail the first time, then /kill gives you a second chance you wouldn't normally have.

or if you chase the enemy down and return your flag, then /kill will get you back to base to defend again- usually against people camping on your flag!(what is more dishonorable? camping or /kill?).

I do not find it necessary on pub servers but for matches it is, for reasons posted previously by other clanners.

bind 3 kill.

Archived