Home

MP - Players killing themselves before you kill them...

Rogue74

Hmmmm....how lame can you get? :(

I plaeyd a while today and one guy killed himself every time he was about to lose. At first I thought it was funny...but it gets old fast.

I don't play to win, but having a suicide end every fight is kinda dumb. Some people just can't stand losing, I guess. :p

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do it to instantly give them full health/25 shields/force....you think that's a cheat?

People RAGE, then when it runs out, kill themselves and respawn and rages again (on defense), on offense, people speed+rage and try to grab the flag, if they get pushed off, they kill themselves so they can nearly instantly go right back to the flag again.

Also, some people do this to steal people's kills.

Razor didnt say you'd lose a flag capture...just a kill. Since you get alot more points than that for defense kills or flag getting etc, 1 point is nothing....it should be you lose 50 points.

umm I don't understand how this bothers people. I don't do it, but like, why would you care? The only way it MAY hurt you is because you dno't get the kill for it..but in CTF, the way to win is not by getting the most frags? So I fail to see why anyone would care if peopled suicided or not, for whatever reason they do it.

Originally posted by WK0NE

razorace has a good point if you kill yourself in ctf, you lose 1 flag capture. I think that would stop that crap pretty fast.

As for using /kill in any other type of game, why not just spawn the player with there last known health points, no shields and no force.

That would be 10x worse. Geting owned in CTF? why not switch teams and kill yourself a few times, then switch back? I say just make a command that disables the /kill command, it's not really needed, people rarely if never get stuck.

People RAGE, then when it runs out, kill themselves and respawn and rages again (on defense), on offense, people speed+rage and try to grab the flag, if they get pushed off, they kill themselves so they can nearly instantly go right back to the flag again.

That's not the point. Are they actually winning with this strategy or is it just annoying?

Yes, they can. it gives them an upper-hand. Instant full health, reset shields, and full force?

I was in a game earlier, and it's always like this...wave after wave after wave of speed+ragers that kill themselves when they think they are going to die. Everyone in the red team were like that, so there was no way to defend against it. At all times, there were at least 3 speed-ragers running around the blue base.

Alot of the clans do use this technique to some success. However, one good point is that they get used to doing the same thing over and over so it becomes a simple matter to interupt their playing style and they quickly lose, assuming you can adapt to what they are doing. My biggest gripe with it is the Speed & Rage on defense technique because once the Rage wears off they suicide. The easiest way to fix this suicide problem is to just have it take twice the amount of time to respawn if you suicide then it would if you just let yourself die.

To all the losers in this thread,

Capture the Flag = team game - most flag captures wins.

Duel and Free for all = individual game - most points wins.

CTFers kill for 3 reasons:

1. faster regen when falling.

2. full force/full health

and 3. because everyone your competing against does it too.

If your so concerned with points then why go to a CTF server in the first place regardless of players using kill or not. When you go to a CTF server and everyone on there is "team playing" and you are there to just rack up kills then you are the one who is out of place. Thus you are the pathetic fool. Please leave us alone. I don't visit duel servers or FFA because they are always full of your type - whiners. Don't go to CTF servers if you don't like suicide. Stop messing with jk2. Your ruining the game. Stop!

OMG, LOL

BF Server = CTF

CTF = CAPTURE THE FLAG

All of you who posted that suicide is worthless in CTF are a bunch of noobs who do not know anything and are just cry'n (yeah cry me a river waaa) that they dont get their points..

Check out http://www.teamwarfare.com and post this NOOB thread there in the JK2 forum and see how badly you will get flammed because you will see all the leet clans use this technique in CTF because its a great thing and none of us think anything about it. THE ONLY ONES THAT COMPLAIN ARE DUAL/FFA NOOBS who don't "get" what CTF means. Individual one-on-one battle are worth ZIPPO to the team.

As mentioned before.. Its faster respawn.. In the time that you waste falling you can be already respawned and half way to the enemy base or chasing a flag carrier.

Remember, again, its CTF.. CAPTURE THE FLAG.

The goal in THIS gametype is to get the flag, protect the flag carrier, protect your flag and return your flag if stolen.

If your in CTF and your not doing that, then you are not helping your team out AT ALL.

Any "clan" that does not use this technique is sure NOT to get far on ladders such as TWL and OGL.

Again, You guys can flame us suicider all you want but its not going to change the fact that we will be doing it on CTF because we "GET" it.. and you "DON'T".

Muhahahahahahahahahaahahah

BF_Hoby Kills self.

I agree. the /kill command is totaly stupid. But you they shouldnt make it so you lose 10 or 50 kills when you use it instead of 1. here's why. I was in a Team FFA game adn we was whooping the other team. Somebody from teh other team joined our team and started killing himself to reduce our kills lower than theirs. Lucky for us we were actualy killing faster than he could suicide. But if it had taken 10 or 50 off each tiome he did it we would have had no chance.

I practically never play FFA, almost exclusively playing CTF. I don't give a damn about my personal score, I've won games and still said "bg" at the end, on average I switch teams twice per game because everyone else seems incapable of balancing the teams, I don't care that killing myself takes of one of my points, because quite frankly I know if i'm playing well and so does everyone else. The personal scores are irrelevant since the team member who is playing flag carrier will always score more anyway.

Anyone who plays competitive CTF has the kill command bound, its not because they don't like people seeing that they've been killed, its because the respawn is A LOT faster, it also means you can leave weapons littered around the level allowing team-mates to get ammo more easily.

In a competitive game, if the enemy see's that you aren't using /kill they will use it to their advantage. Respawn from a fall without /kill can take up to about 7 seconds, that's the same amount of time it takes to make the return run on Bespin Pipes. You will LOSE if you don't play at the fastest possible pace, the moment the team notices that they are under less pressure they will take advantage of it.

I have occasionally used /kill in FFA, but that's out of habit from my CTF games, I try not to do it though.

How on earth do you think something as pathetic as "/kill" is okay, just because someone else is doing it?

What kind of logic is that?

"I got robbed, so I'm going to rob everyone too and STFU n00b ja gimme your money, everybody is robbing people these days!"

..............? Uh....Hello? :rolleyes:

And what about this obviously "l337" guy:

"All of you who posted that suicide is worthless in CTF are a bunch of noobs who do not know anything and are just cry'n (yeah cry me a river waaa) that they dont get their points.."

**** So we're all "n00bs" who whine 'cause we lose? Great attitude, try that out in real life some time. You'll be surprised, I promise. :D Oh yeah, and you missed the whole point.

"Check out http://www.teamwarfare.com and post this NOOB thread there in the JK2 forum and see how badly you will get flammed because you will see all the leet clans..."

**** Here we go again.. "n00b" this "l337" that. Funny. We should get a few of those awesome Quakers here too. The jargon always makes me laugh. Still can't believe some people use it for real.. how wonderfully pathetic. :D

"...use this technique in CTF because its a great thing"

**** Tapping your insta-kill-button every time you run into difficulties is a great thing? A great thing?? Again; funny.

"and none of us think anything about it. THE ONLY ONES THAT COMPLAIN ARE DUAL/FFA NOOBS who don't "get" what CTF means. Individual one-on-one battle are worth ZIPPO to the team."

**** Great, here we have the "NOOB"-argument again. Everyone who doesn't agree is labeled "NOOB". Awesome. So could you please explain what individual one-on-one battles have to do with the subject at hand? I thought we were talking about exploiting the /kill-command and thus gaining an advantage in CTF? Yes?

"As mentioned before.. Its faster respawn.. In the time that you waste falling you can be already respawned and half way to the enemy base or chasing a flag carrier."

**** Yes, it has it's benefits. That is kinda like *The Problem* in case you haven't noticed.

"Remember, again, its CTF.. CAPTURE THE FLAG.

The goal in THIS gametype is to get the flag, protect the flag carrier, protect your flag and return your flag if stolen.

If your in CTF and your not doing that, then you are not helping your team out AT ALL. "

**** Uh..yeah?

"Any "clan" that does not use this technique is sure NOT to get far on ladders such as TWL and OGL. "

**** Yes? This is why people are complaining. Others exploit and win because of that.

"Again, You guys can flame us suicider all you want but its not going to change the fact that we will be doing it on CTF because we "GET" it.. and you "DON'T"."

**** "Us suicider", LOL! Sorry, dude. The one who doesn't ´get it´ is you. You go around calling EVERYONE "n00bs" and you and your friends "elite" for no apparent reason. You think the right way to play the game is to RUN AROUND THE MAP COMMITTING SUICIDES FOR CHRIST SAKES! Doesn't that seem sort of...odd? Hmmm? :rolleyes:

Here's a tough question for you:

Have you no dignity?

No, really, ask yourself that.

Okay, one more:

If suicides would not cost any points, do you think that it is okay to commit a suicide every time the opponent is about to win and score a frag? Anything wrong with that? Every FFA would end in a tie because everyone would have 0 points? Cool, huh? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by jrg158

To all the losers in this thread,

CTFers kill for 3 reasons:

1. faster regen when falling.

2. full force/full health

and 3. because everyone your competing against does it too.

You start off with calling everyone "losers"? Uh...right...

1) Yes, it has it's benefits. That is the problem.

2) Yes, it has it's benefits. That is the problem.

3) You do realize that this is the worst argument ever. It is widely used by children around ages 5-10, ("But mommy, Steven threw a rock at him too!") but more mature people usually change their way of argumentation to something that makes sense. But if you are 5-10 years old, I apologise.

Originally posted by jrg158

If your so concerned with points then why go to a CTF server in the first place regardless of players using kill or not. When you go to a CTF server and everyone on there is "team playing" and you are there to just rack up kills then you are the one who is out of place. Thus you are the pathetic fool. Please leave us alone. I don't visit duel servers or FFA because they are always full of your type - whiners. Don't go to CTF servers if you don't like suicide. Stop messing with jk2. Your ruining the game. Stop!

Concerned with points? Umm...the team with most points win, yes? Points are a major issue. Individual points have nothing to do with the question here, since the original topic of "people killing themselves" has changed to "people winning in CTF by exploiting the suicide-command."

"Thus you are the pathetic fool."

Hahahaha...yes. I know you! You're the guy in this picture, aren't you!

>>>

http://members.optushome.com.au/phillj11/ForumPics/internetgod.jpg

When I read the last part of your post ("Don't go to CTF servers if you don't like suicide. Stop messing with jk2. Your ruining the game. Stop!") I must conclude that you, sir, are trolling. No sane person would say that.

........again, if you're 5-10 years old, I apologise.

The people complaining about suiciding fall into two groups:

1. "My clan is better! Your clan is dishonorable for using it!"

2. "I want the most possible points!"

To address point 1: IT'S A FREAKING COMPUTER GAME, people. THERE'S NOT HONOR IN A COMPUTER GAME!

Anyone who thinks that someone playing a computer game shouldn't take full advantage of the legal, non-bug tools at their disposal only believes that because they don't know how to use them adequately themselves, and so they lose consistently in games.

How do I know this? At one point in time I, too, took some games too seriously and would have wanted the "1337" players brought down to my level, 'cause I wanted nothing more than to beat them on a level playing field. But y'know what? At one point, I realized that if I knew how to do what they were doing, I'd want to use it to my full advantage, too. So I figured out how to do all the stuff they do, and now I *can* beat many of the "1337" players on a level playing field - because I'm able to attack and defend on the same level as them.

Anyone unwilling to fully and legally utilize the tools available to them is going to lose bigtime.

In a CTF match, you see people on the other team suiciding so that they can spawn more quickly, or because they're out of health and mana. The "bring-em-downers" will think, "That guy's cheating so that he can be more effective in helping his team!"

The good players will see, "Hey, what that guy does makes sense in the scope of helping his team... how can I do that?" The latter person would then politely ask the guy suiciding how he does it, and then would type in the command to bind a key of his own to suicide. This player would then try to use it, would see the advantages of doing so, and would make a habit of it when the circumstances are right.

If someone refuses to suicide because "it's dishonorable," then that person _really_ needs to go out and learn to socialize with real people (and I don't mean in a gaming sense)... It's just a game. People play to have fun. If you get easily frustrated by people correctly using aspects of the game as designed, then you're the one with the problem - not the people using the feature.

I repeat: IT'S A FREAKING COMPUTER GAME. THERE IS NO HONOR IN A COMPUTER GAME.

Now, onto point 2: It's been somewhat cofered already in this thread, people playing CTF shouldn't be out for personal points. If you're out for a high personal score, you should be playing FFA.

Personally, I play defense when I play CTF. I virtually never have one of the high scores on my team.

I suicide if I run out of ammo and there's none in sight, so that I may pick up weapons again and be in better shape to defend. I don't suicide the instant I run out of force power - it'd be very stupid for a defender to suicide constantly if he was physically fine, had a heap of weapons and ammo, but was out of force power or was shot once by an opposing player.

If your ideas of fun is scoring the most points, then go play FFA. If your idea of fun is to work strategically as part of a team of people, then play CTF. It's as simple as that.

3) You do realize that this is the worst argument ever. It is widely used by children around ages 5-10, ("But mommy, Steven threw a rock at him too!") but more mature people usually change their way of argumentation to something that makes sense. But if you are 5-10 years old, I apologise.

I'll address this quickly...

If the hypothetical "him" was, say, a Thylaxian Deathbeast who was about to devour Steven, and if said Thylaxian Deathbeast was incredibly allergic to granite, then it would make perfect sense for Steven and all of his friends to begin to throw rocks at it - regardless of the age of the rock-throwers. Heck, it would make _more_ sense if all the rock-throwers were older and mature, as then they would be more likely to understand both the concept of an allergy and (therefore) the reason for the rock-throwing.

As everything else in life, context is just as important as detail.

When I read the last part of your post ("Don't go to CTF servers if you don't like suicide. Stop messing with jk2. Your ruining the game. Stop!") I must conclude that you, sir, are trolling. No sane person would say that.

Just because most sane people have better things to do than hang around these message boards and chime into topics like these 3 or 4 posts in doesn't mean that sane people wouldn't say things such as Hoby did.

I know Hoby. He has a real life and he has a good job. How many of you could say the same? (Granted, I'm sure some of you could. But I _know_ all of you can't.)

And rationally disagreeing is utterly different from trolling. Some people here don't quite understand that.

"IT'S A FREAKING COMPUTER GAME, people. THERE'S NOT HONOR IN A COMPUTER GAME!"

Here we have it! The root of all evil.

Many people think that IT'S A FREAKING COMPUTER GAME, THERE'S NOT HONOR IN A COMPUTER GAME!

I'll let you in on a secret: You're wrong. This is not just a computer game. This is PEOPLE playing a game against PEOPLE. The fact that it is a COMPUTER game has no relevance. Just because I can't see/slap you and you can't see me, doesn't mean that it's ANY different from all the other games, or dealing with people in general.

Do you realize that you're the guy who's ready with a "laser-pen" waiting for the opposing team to take their shot from the free throw line?

After all, the rules don't say that it is illegal and the ref probably won't notice. And when Shaq misses (okay, he'd miss anyways, bad example) because you blinded him with the ray, you're all like: WOO-HOO take that, I'm totally l337! My team wins yay!! Go us!

Play against bots any way you like, but treat people like they deserve to be treated. The fact that no-one can "get to you", doesn't give you the right to be an ass.

Originally posted by jbone

If the hypothetical "him" was, say, a Thylaxian Deathbeast who was about to devour Steven, and if said Thylaxian Deathbeast was incredibly allergic to granite, then it would make perfect sense for Steven and all of his friends to begin to throw rocks at it - regardless of the age of the rock-throwers. Heck, it would make _more_ sense if all the rock-throwers were older and mature, as then they would be more likely to understand both the concept of an allergy and (therefore) the reason for the rock-throwing.

OMG! Okay...that Thylaxian Deathbeast-thing totally cracked me up. :D :D :D

I need to go laugh it out....excellent...lol....oh man...lol....

ok. so maybe it is just a computer game. You are still causing people to get angry and attacking them mentaly. Its like me playing basketball and just whacking everyone with a baseball bat... is it ok cos its just a game?

I do play CTF mostly and I have never had to use /kill and I am not a bad player. If you are thrown over the side then you should face the music and show the person who killed you some respect. If you dont want to be thrown over the side get absorb on.

ok. so maybe it is just a computer game. You are still causing people to get angry and attacking them mentaly. Its like me playing basketball and just whacking everyone with a baseball bat... is it ok cos its just a game?

But doesn't anyone here find it the least bit odd that a person would let himself or herself get that worked up so as to become angry and to feel mentally attacked over something as silly as a computer game?

If someone does sometihng you dislike, it's easy to just find another server or to play a different game. Does it really accomplish anything for any of you to become angry?

noob = anyone who isnt willing to learn the game to the fullest..

or unleet.. 1337 ot whatever you wanna call it.

All you guys who complain soo much.. Cry Wa wa wa have killed the JK2 game.

When it was first released there was over 100 teams on TWL playing CTF mostly "divisions" of bigger clans wanted to play the game.

Now there are only 26! And they keep drop'n.

A majority of them are now gone and mostly because they complained about the NOOBs who helped raven nurf the game.

Raven has done nothing to add to the game. Yes they fixed some exploits but nurf'n moves.

Its sad to think that there is even talk like this. How noob'ish is this community?

Let kill JK2.. I know its only got 3 more months of life in it anyways.

Thanks Noobs..

Thanks Raven!

and back to my point.. your a noob because your too scared to learn the moves yourself and too full of yourself to use them.

jbone hit it right on. Basically if you ever want to get really good at ANY game the best way to do this is to play against and with people who KICK BUTT. Learn from them.. Mimick their moves. If you don't you will always be left behind.

Whinning...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

LOL.. Sorry guys... I just wanted to vent my frustrations at the noobs who complain complain complain.

BF_Hoby Kills Self.

Archived