Home

MP - Players killing themselves before you kill them...

Rogue74

Originally posted by Xabien

ok. so maybe it is just a computer game. You are still causing people to get angry and attacking them mentaly. Its like me playing basketball and just whacking everyone with a baseball bat... is it ok cos its just a game?

I do play CTF mostly and I have never had to use /kill and I am not a bad player. If you are thrown over the side then you should face the music and show the person who killed you some respect. If you dont want to be thrown over the side get absorb on.

You almost get it.. Your problem is you never played it in competition. If you play a team that know how to use it you will get sooo owned.

Yes in pub.. its not 100% neccessary.. but those that play for the competition will do it in normal pubs because have habbit and to just play like they would normally during a match.

You guys have no idea.. why dont you download some demos of some intense matches to see how the jedi play. Its like until you get it you wont get it.

and btw about last comment of it leave'n it wont.. jk2++ probably will save the day because it will override any bad nurf'n that raven and the noob community complains about. but stilll judge'n by the current number of active teams and all I dont think jk2++ will even save this game.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had a great idea..

Why dont all you complain'n noobs get a team together for a scrim so we can show you how to really play CTF :)

come on.. there are more than 5 of you guys here.

lets even play the non fall maps so you can see why suicide is good even on non fall maps..

I want to own some noobage.

(EDIT)

Here is why I'm upset with JK2 about ready to die:

http://bb.bfcarnage.com/viewtopic.php?topic=438&forum=1&18

BF is #1?

Just ask JA, we don't tollerate flame wars on our forums so leave your flames here kids.

Originally posted by BF_Hoby

and btw about last comment of it leave'n it wont.. jk2++ probably will save the day because it will override any bad nurf'n that raven and the noob community complains about. but stilll judge'n by the current number of active teams and all I dont think jk2++ will even save this game.

Ummmm...I hate to give you good advice, but I'm on a too good mood to hold back/continue flaming.

Check out ArtifeX's mod >>>

http://66.250.145.38/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74537

Oh, one more thing...this might come as a shock, but The United States Of America does not = the whole world. (I doubt JO has even hit the shelves in all countries yet.)

I also want to point out that your "Constitution" does not mean *anything* to the 5.000 000 000 people that live outside your borders. (Just wanted to add that, 'cause it seems that whenever I get into a debate, some Yankee pulls out The Constitution... :D "

I pulled out some constitution?? What are you talking about?

The program is dead..(die'n).. Yes you will have some die hards but take a look at the total users in the game compared to when it was first released.

Sell'n it in other countries isn't going to help it NOW.

Here are the suggestions raven should take in order to save this game:

Unnurf' sabers: add more counter moves instead

Add map: you think 4 ctf is enough ? Ugggg..

Fix'n competition issues for server admins.

Fix'n roblems with server lists issues they introduced with 1.04.

These are amoung the things that Raven needs to do save this game. Selling in a differnent country isn't going to add much to this community now. Even the mac users will be added soon I think.. But is that going to save us? How many mac users are out there now? Doh.. thats right now most schools don't even buy macs.. Oh well...

Flam'n is fun! :)

Ummmm...I hate to give you good advice, but I'm on a too good mood to hold back/continue flaming.

----------------------------

And the stuff about the constitution....fogedaboudit. It's just a thing that happens every now and then when americans forget that USA is not the only country in the world. (happens quite often, you know. :D )

Oh I see.. so your kinda racist or something? You just interested in what country peeps are from and then comment on that? LOL

That link looks cool.. Too bad its still beta.. Nooone has come up with a non beta competition mod yet... Unless jk2++ is now.. shrug.. I think they might be out of beta.

Beta = bugs/crash/not good for competition right?

What ladder is using that mod? For that matter what ladder is using ANY mod for JK2?

I know of NONE. Why? The comunity isn't that big... Sorry to break the news guys.. But you should be happy.. its easy be'n leet in a small community.

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Do you realize that you're the guy who's ready with a "laser-pen" waiting for the opposing team to take their shot from the free throw line?

After all, the rules don't say that it is illegal and the ref probably won't notice. And when Shaq misses (okay, he'd miss anyways, bad example) because you blinded him with the ray, you're all like: WOO-HOO take that, I'm totally l337! My team wins yay!! Go us!

LOL your such a noob. You have no idea what is means to be leet.

I saw a basketball game.. (I think highschool) that made the national news on some channel. Was the funnies thing I saw.

The oppos'n team had just knocked the ball out of bounds near their basket. The team that had the ball before throwing it into play had the funnies move!!!!

One of their teammates got down on all fours and started bark'n like a dog.

Thats not against the rules is it?

Yet the other team took the time to watch him bark like a dog.

And guess what happened? The dog bark'n team scored the point because they where paying attention to the BALL!

Remember what the game is.. in basketball you always keep an eye on the ball. NO MATTER WHAT...

In Jk2 CTF game type.. the game is the FLAG!.. You noobs worry'n about your scores or honor are a bunch of NOOBS and always will be because you have no idea what it takes to win games and you will never beable to competite in CTF ladders with your noob ideas.

Same thing with baseball.. There are many many examples of of that in there of trying to trick players if they dont pay attention to where the ball is. Yeah it sucks but only for the team that gets fooled by it.

The problem with your statement is that having a lazer-pen i think would be illegal in a game as your only allowed the equipment that is called for in the game. Like your voice or all the commands that are given to you.

"kill" command is not illegal or it would never have been in the game in the first place.. (regardless if this is a throwback from q3, after all q3 got it from q2,q and then doom).. hMmm.. they all wrong????

What FPS does not have suicide? Hmmmm.. go find that game and play it, noobs!..

THis is so fun! :)

BF_Hoby kills self.

I have no idea...I'm just talking 'bout this 'n that and suddenly Hoby starts talking about the Constitution...I dunno.. ;)

....all kinds of weird people posting today.... :D

But if all goes well ArtifeX's mod will be the one that the "competetive players" pick up.

I don't think anyone disagrees about the fact that the mod "brings back skill".

Enough publicity and that's it.

**** Here we go again.. "n00b" this "l337" that. Funny. We should get a few of those awesome Quakers here too. The jargon always makes me laugh. Still can't believe some people use it for real.. how wonderfully pathetic

LoL.. you use or not.. its up to you.. I kinda like calling you NOOB cause it makes you mad.

And btw I dont play Doom,Quake,Quake2,Quake3. Well I played doom sp a little but that got boring quick.

So its funny that you automatically assume im a quaker...

:)

Noob!

Oh, one more thing...this might come as a shock, but The United States Of America does not = the whole world. (I doubt JO has even hit the shelves in all countries yet.)

I also want to point out that your "Constitution" does not mean *anything* to the 5.000 000 000 people that live outside your borders. (Just wanted to add that, 'cause it seems that whenever I get into a debate, some Yankee pulls out The Constitution... :D "

Umnm.. here is where you mention contitution.. You mentioned it first.. So are you smoke'n something illegal here or what?

BF_Hoby kills self.

AND STOP DOING THAT ALREADY!!! :D

"One of their teammates got down on all fours and started bark'n like a dog."

Uh.....

.................uhmmmm......................hmmm.................

..........really?

That's just...really weird. You Yankees are strange people :confused:

I don't believe Hoby was the one to bring up the Constitution, it was the Luc Solar guy.

As for suiciding; you guys have to realize that it's not used to take away your kills.

These are the reasons to suicide:

1) Help teammate (defense man) by suiciding in front of him with a weapon. Your teammate can then pick it up.

2) Get back to the game quickly. Why fall from a ledge for 5 seconds when you can respawn in 1?

3) If you're almost out of health and out of force, if you kill yourself you can be back up to full power.

4) You're on defense. You chased the other team's capper back to thier base, returned the flag, and now you need to get back to your base quickly. You suicide so you respawn at your base.

Miscellaneous other reasons for this too.

In every other game I've played, suiciding is part of the game! If they nerf the kill, we'll just take a rocket launcher and shoot our feet or something.

It's not to look at kills. No CTF player really cares about their personal score. I don't! If the score screen didn't pop up at the end I wouldn't even look at it. Heck, most of the time I'm more concerned about my ping. =)

Guys, just realize it's not supposed to be a "cheap strategy" to prevent you from getting kills. In FFA, maybe. There the kills matter. But unless I KNOW I'm going to die, or need to be in my base quickly, I won't kill myself.

I know of some clans who all suicide after a flag cap; I think that's a bit extreme. But before you start flaming my clan like JA Silver has done, think about why we do it. It's not for points, it's not for the fun of it, it's simply about positioning. We want to be in the game as long as possible.

Remember, in CTF the objective is to keep players out of your base. If you are on Defense gripping someone and they suicide, then you've done your job. You need to think about the big picture here, the whole team's view .... caps are all that matters.

Of course, pubs shouldn't be so cutthroat. And usually aren't. Matches consist of this tactic for positioning alone. If you rage/speed and constantly attack and suicide if you fall or are gripped or something, then you can be back rage/speeding in the blink of an eye. And the more you attack, the more likely you are to win.

Just ... don't think about this as a "cheap" tactic. It's just as much a part of any FPS team game I've ever played, not just JK2. The team is more important than a whole, and that's why its done. Not for individual "annoyance" like JA Silver seems to think.

AND STOP DOING THAT ALREADY!!! :D

"One of their teammates got down on all fours and started bark'n like a dog."

Uh.....

.................uhmmmm......................hmmm.................

..........really?

That's just...really weird. You Yankees are strange people :confused:

Yeah it was the funnies thing I have seen yet. I think it was a female highschool basketball game.. I wish I saw it on the internet or I'd send ya a link.

Its not your typical type move.. And of course it should only work ONCE or the other team is a bunch of idiots :)

Uhmm.. here is where you mention contitution.. You mentioned it first.. So are you smoke'n something illegal here or what?

No I didn't!

Ha! See!!? There it is again! "illegal"!?

According to what, exactly? Your CONSTITUTION?? Hmm? Yes? HA!Gotcha again!

(If you keep calling me NOOB I keep bugging you about the constitution! I might also edit my earlier posts to confuse you even more....)

I'm off now. You have fun, I know I will. :p

Originally posted by BF_Flash

Just ... don't think about this as a "cheap" tactic. It's just as much a part of any FPS team game I've ever played, not just JK2. The team is more important than a whole, and that's why its done. Not for individual "annoyance" like JA Silver seems to think.

LOL Whoot Flash showes up to put the noobs in place. I think its impossible to get these noobs to understand. They have been complaining now since the beginin'.

I think the main reason for all this whi'nnin in this game is because this game attracted a lot of non main stream players... People who just want to play it because its starwars. But they just don't get what the main stream gamming community looks for in a mp game.

BF_Hoby fell to his death.... (Take 7 seconds).

"Yeah it was the funnies thing I have seen yet. I think it was a female highschool basketball game.. I wish I saw it on the internet or I'd send ya a link."

STOP! For christ sakes don't do it! If you show the trick to this community, they'll start spamming it 24/7, just like they did with backstab/pull-backstab!

I don't want to fight barking jedis... really... spare me :(

"But doesn't anyone here find it the least bit odd that a person would let himself or herself get that worked up so as to become angry and to feel mentally attacked over something as silly as a computer game? "

Why are you speaking like a lawyer? we all know that some people get worked up about games. Lets not pretend that we dont.

"You almost get it.. Your problem is you never played it in competition. If you play a team that know how to use it you will get sooo owned. "

I have played in competition. And I have never needed it. And when the day comes that I do need it. I know I am past my peak. Atleast I can accept that.

I hope that all these 1337 clans do keep using it and owning with it. cos if raven takes it out of the game somehow they wont be very tough if it is SOOOOOO good :)

"Yeah it was the funnies thing I have seen yet. I think it was a female highschool basketball game.. I wish I saw it on the internet or I'd send ya a link."

STOP! For christ sakes don't do it! If you show the trick to this community, they'll start spamming it 24/7, just like they did with backstab/pull-backstab!

I don't want to fight barking jedis... really... spare me :(

LOL that was basketball and again you can only use it once..

Ill give you an example of what I mean by you can only use this technique once in a game but is cool.. but some might think its CHEAT.. so flame me all you want.

Get a det pack and through it right on a health pack so that the health pack compelete hids the det pack.

On a map like Bespin Shafts the middle is great to do this because both the health and dets are right there.

When the person come up and thinks.. wow some health.. I need some.. BOMB!!!..

Is that cheat too, noob?

Spam'n moves on technqiues are great.. Use them.. again.. if you dont you fall behind and only get owned.

But some moves only work a couple times and obviously the other team will get wise to them and try to do something different or splash the health packs with a gun to make sure no dets are there.

So instead of whin'nn think of a way to counter the moves you hate so much.

Why are you speaking like a lawyer? we all know that some people get worked up about games. Lets not pretend that we dont.

Sidenote...I'm the lawyer around here...and I got the diplomas to prove it too!

What did you guys think the sig "Ph34r Me!" was all about anyways...? Empty threats? I don't think so...'cause:

I'm the l337r0xxoringsZx Lawyer, Ph34r meee! Ph3333333333333333344444444444rrrrrrrrrr me all U N0000000000berz and Hoby! :lightning

Some day I'll move to The United States Of lawyer heaven America and get really really really stinkin' rich.

...and then I'll make JO III where you have to pay me 50$ every time you use force powers.

And Yes, jump is 50$. Lightning is 50$.

........and don't whine please, it only makes things worse. You dont't wanna know the pricelist I made for whiners, trust me.

:D

"...

I hope that all these 1337 clans do keep using it and owning with it. cos if raven takes it out of the game somehow they wont be very tough if it is SOOOOOO good :)

That what they where saying about backstab.. They wont own if we take that away.. Has anything changed.. Nope.. we still leet.. you still noob. The only they you guys accomplished by nurf'n the backstab was the removal of using sabers from CTF competition.. that point has already been proven. Just like suicide is common in the CTF comeptition ladder, you will find that using sabers is NO longer used!.

So in my opinion and many many others that dont take the time to write in NOOB forums believe that its now less starwars like that it was.. So you guys are doing more damage than you think.

Thats why lots of clans have been drop'n lately.. the 1.04 patch sucked the one before that sucked.. Raven has no clue ... Soon it you will have the commnity all by your lonesomeselves..

If they take kill away.. it will cause leet clans to drop jk2 all together... LIke I said.. it would be good for you guys because there would be no "real" competition.. As you see in my post on our forum IM pissed that the real good clans are drop'n now because the competition community is falling apart.

In regards to your clan being in competition.. what competition? Where you on twl ? IM talking CTF here are you? What ladder was your team on? How many teams? I have not seen any ladders that come close to OGL and TWL in size and all those teams "pretty" much do suicide. And yes I do see teams and have played teams that don't.

They got owned.

(tried editing earlier but for some reason forums giving mysql errors.. so I had to wait)

You do realize quite a lot of the stuff everyone uses in a game are essentially bugs?

Originally Strafe-Running was an exploit in the original quake I believe, a few people complained about it, but it become an acceptable move because EVERYONE was capable of doing it with ease.

The same with rocket-jumping, the rocket launcher in Quake was never intented to be used in this way, but people found they could use it, and so it evolved. Quake 3 had a lot of development into getting the power of the rocket launcher right so that it remained usable with rocket jumping. Many mods have been based around the concept of rocket-jumping.

Now for Bunny-Hopping, as far as I can tell, this is a JK2 thing, the extra power jump gives you allows you to move faster, people did complain about it originally, but I think now its an accepted strategy. YES it exploits a basic physics error in the game, but so does Strafe-running. The point is everyone can do it.

Think about all these techniques, without them everyone would move in the same way, attack from the same positions and gameplay would be boring. By building them into all subsequent games (as with strafe-running and rocket jumping) the gameplay has become more interesting since all these tricks are easy to use but hard to master.

/Kill was realized as a valuable CTF resource in other games long before JK2. The better you are at it (not at pressing the button, but knowing WHEN to use it) , the better your team will fare. This isn't a bug of JK2, its a gameplay feature (or flaw, call it what you will) visible in all modern games. Complaining about it in JK2 is pointless.

Finally, I'm aware you don't need /kill to win, I could win long before I started using it. However using every technique at your disposal in a game, ie teamchat-binds, /kill, bunny-hopping, wall-walking and shortcuts is what is going to make you win against a team that only uses a few of them.

Look at the top teams on ladders such as TWL, they ALL use ALL of these techniques, the winner is the team which can pull all of the techniques together most effectively. Gaming isn't just Shoot, Use force, respawn, repeat. The people who use game features in ways which weren't originally intended are the skilled players if they can pull it off to their advantage.

Quite frankly I don't care WHO kills me if I die, because even a newcomer can get a lucky shot, I just want to get on with the game as quickly as possible afterwards.

Wasn't sure about bunnyhop strafe being exploits as I never played the quake game engine until JK2.. But tribes/T2 has a ski'n thing that I think is similiar.. Boy your dead ifyou dont ski on those big maps on tribes..

Anyways.. For you Noobs, this guy, DeTRiTiC-iQ, writes maps for games. You should listen to him. Hes right on of course.

DeTRiTiC-iQ, thanks for the awesome Bespin Towers map! (ctf_bespinfort in game menu).

It is MY new favorite map on JK2 and only the other day did we add it to our map rotation on BFCarange.com 1.04 server! (our popular pub server).

We had tried addding maps before but most pub peeps don't auto dl but now that the community has thinned our server has become more popular for the "leet" to play so we decided to use your map as our first non standard CTF map.

We will add more later.. but we used it to replace 27-d on the map rotation since it got dropped :(

Anyways.. Glad to see some more intelligent posts.

Archived