Home

ArtifeX's ProMod 1.0 Beta -- Released

ArtifeX

Actually, in Beta 2, which is close to release, running towards your opponent will give you added attacking power, but it will also give you an equal and opposite defensive penalty. So, someone running at you is going to have to be very careful not to get nailed by a clever defender who sidesteps and takes advantage of that penalty. You'll actually get bonuses for walking as opposed to running, as well.

Originally posted by Quiwan

First off I think you mod is a step in the right direction. Saber fighting has really down hill since the new patches have came out. I don’t know if any one else has brought up this idea, but if they did ill repeat it. My 2 Cents for the mod: If you want more realistic saber fighting change the run speed, or make it a disadvantage when some is sprinting towards you. Allow there hits to do more damage but have it difficult to hit there target. Maybe introduce a run/sprint key that when held down longer the player gets winded and has a harder time hitting a target. It just seems to me that when dueling you really don’t see anyone constantly running around. Keep up the Great Work!!!!!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Avirexx

Err sorry if this has been asked but how do you install the Promod?

Just unzip the file you downloaded into your {jk2 install folder}/GameData directory, then launch the game using the provided, "promod.bat" file, or in-game through the setup->mods controls.

You can also launch the game and search for ProMod servers much easier using qtracker (http://www.qtracker.com).

ArtifeX,

in case you just missed my point in my previous, annoyingly long post :rolleyes:, let me quote the yet unanswered question:

Originally posted by Bluezman

Cycling through saber stances.

(...) So I wonder if there is a way to make each stance selectable with a single key rather that cycling through them. Or maybe have it cycling in both directions like the inventory. So you could maybe use the mousewheel to cycle up or down. This way you could switch back and forth between two stances easier.

Hoping you didn't just decide to ignore me... :D

Well it is a script that makes something a bit more simple... but it's like using different crosshairs... it might make things a bit easier but it doesn't really affect gameplay much. Comming from Tribes2 where everyone uses scripts and where it is allowed I use the same logic as pure servers do there. Anything that doesn't affect gameplay directly to give you an edge is allowed... this could be enhancements like crosshairs, change of FOV etc.

Tribes2 is built with scripts in mind so the server can actually disallow scripts that do not follow these rules... I wish all games were built like Tribes2... no cheaters there :)

Originally posted by Canis_Aureus

Well it is a script that makes something a bit more simple... but it's like using different crosshairs... it might make things a bit easier but it doesn't really affect gameplay much. Comming from Tribes2 where everyone uses scripts and where it is allowed I use the same logic as pure servers do there. Anything that doesn't affect gameplay directly to give you an edge is allowed... this could be enhancements like crosshairs, change of FOV etc.

Basically I agree with you. I just thought it might be a smart idea to put it in so nobody can complain about "ghey scripters" like people do a lot. Especially since this is supposed to be used in a competitive environment. This way it would be fair game ion the first place with no room for arguments. I'm fine with the script, though.

I'm having some of the best duels ever with this mod ;0) .... Reminds me of the old days ala 1.2

By the way ArtifeX, any chance of the saber blocking animations being included in the next release? ....

Can't wait by the way.

Cheers.

Archived