Home

Online Official Game Servers

COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE COUNTER STRIKE

Originally posted by Riffage

ill sort out the servers, so you want deathmatch instead of League Assault ok, ill change that now. Yes that is my ip

Yay. Deathmatch. I luvs you Riffage.

Guess what! When I play FPS's, I like to make my nickname all jaggedy, like sCaBB. Becoz it's cool.

Do you lik pokemon?

ok, Deathmatch is enabled on the UT server now, iv had to change the HL server back to DMC as Counter-Strike uses too much bandwidth. I also plan to enable CSHP on the UT server to stop cheating.

Want any more changes? Post here

Brilliant :p

Come on people, anyone on a 1024/512 connection?

Riff, surely you could host just one of the games...I think that it's stupid hosting two, as pings would be quadruple figures, but maybe just one, now and again.

Or, of course, we could adopt a server....

Originally posted by scabb

Brilliant :p

Come on people, anyone on a 1024/512 connection?

Riff, surely you could host just one of the games...I think that it's stupid hosting two, as pings would be quadruple figures, but maybe just one, now and again.

Or, of course, we could adopt a server....

thats a good idea, how do you want to load up the servers, by a vote or just an alloted time?

Originally posted by pegnose

I have 2000/2000 connection... tho i wanna play myself as well... and i have only one comp at this time..

you can play aswell, youll just need to run the server and a client copy to play yourself, any chance you can e-mail me about this?

I think that alloted time is the best bet. It could be announced on the website/forums - but first you need a poll to see which time suits everyone best, which games people want to play, and who is actually interested etc..

When you submit your profile, there should be an option to add your timezone maybe? Days/Times you can and can't play?

Heh, this is getting way too complicated - but the #monkey-island IRC channel grew to popularity by using an allotted time....

MIQC's matches were played at allotted times, particularly the more unusual ones (ie. anything that wasn't Quake or Counterstrike). It worked well, and since you'll undoubtedly be recruiting people from outside of #monkey-island, it's probably the only way you can go.

Having said that, members could still communicate via ICQ (or something) to arrange matches. With MIQC, we were all such devoted Quake fans that finding a game wasn't really a problem. You'd just log in to IRC and go "ne 1 4 quake????/////@?~" in a highly irritating manner until someone answered. And if they didn't, you'd just threaten to ban them until they complied.

The main problem is that that ADSL connection isn't going to support more than a handful of people at once before it starts getting bad.

EDIT: At the end of the day, if you're going to have games at allotted times, you might as well do what we used to - book a BarrysWorld server (unless they don't offer that service any more). An ADSL connection can't compete with a professionally run server.

Originally posted by Huz

EDIT: At the end of the day, if you're going to have games at allotted times, you might as well do what we used to - book a BarrysWorld server (unless they don't offer that service any more). An ADSL connection can't compete with a professionally run server.

they still do it... tho it would cost....

i think huz is on about the free server which you can book for 1 hour in the times that havnt already been booked. If we want our own server its £80 a month, and these are the rules on the free bookable servers....

Each subscriber gets 4 hours of booking time a week, with a maximum booking length of 2 hours. This can be used to book any game, mod and config we support on the booking system.

The quota week runs from Monday morning to the following Sunday night.

You cannot carry quota from one week to the next so any unused quota will be lost.

If you delete a booking (this can only be done before it has started) you will automatically get the quota it used back for use during that week.

Originally posted by Huz

still, we can use my server for 1v1 training

If you wish to help us with small 1v1 servers for training please post here

Originally posted by Riffage

i think huz is on about the free server which you can book for 1 hour in the times that havnt already been booked. If we want our own server its £80 a month, and these are the rules on the free bookable servers....

that booking thing sounds great i think we should consider that..

yeah 1on1 training server would be good, but we can do training somewhere elsewhere, can't we?

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm... i maybe have one option: i found server called Hukkalandia and i noticed that they are willing to borrow jk2 server. only problem is that it's in Finland and i don't know what kinda pc and connection they have, yet.

but i'll find out and tell you guys later. :)

Archived