Home

MGS2 Model Updates!

Darth_Kitty

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am Dark Panther, a wanderer from Gamewinners forums, I have stumbled across your mod, and wish to test it. For a loner mod creator, things seem to be going well for you. I am a newbie modeler, but my playing and rating skills are as developed as any. When you return, Darth-Kitty, I hope you mod is finished and ready to be tested, and I hope you accept me as a tester.

• 3 weeks later...

Technically, I don't think they can really do anything if all you're doing is making a mod for your own and other's entertainment, and getting nothing in return. At least, I think that's how it is. I'm sure you could continue making it and distribute it among your close friends in the JKII editing forum community(which is all of us, of course), considering it's like copying a video tape. Making one for yourself is fine, as well as making one for others. Making one for someone who pays you, isn't okay. I hope you find something out that will help in the production of this mod. It seems great.

Bummer! :(

I didn't see their letter to you but I'm thinking was their concern was over a "mod" and probably not over the models themselves.

You could point them to the links of the numerous snake/grayfox/otacon/ocelot models for Q2, Q3, UT, etc. that are out there and let them know that you have no intention of infinging any of their copyrights or reap any profits of the models. I don't think they would care much about you releasing the player models. Legally speaking, there is no precedent for such instances... can a player model be called "fan art?" Maybe.

You are allowed to create art based on their cracters as long as you do it without any commercial interests. It is their characters with their copyright, but there are numerous drawings sketches that these characters inspired. After all your intentions are quite noble and not commercial in nature. They may not like a game playing like a game of their own, the TC or mod might piss them off, but I don't think they would mind much about MP skins, models bsing relesaed... I hope.

If all else fails you could start a petition and ask people to sign up, asking them to let you release the models and state you have no commercial goals whatsoever... blah blah blah.

:)

They siad just about this....

Blah blah blah...You MUST stop making the modification immediitly..bla blah blah.......pocecute.....blah blah Copyrighted Characters...blah blah..

So in short, STOP OR WELL SUE. Like I siad, ILL THINK OF SOMETHING!!!

:D

bYE.........

:confused::eek::bdroid2::fett::jawa

They siad just about this....

Blah blah blah...You MUST stop making the modification immediitly..bla blah blah.......pocecute.....blah blah Copyrighted Characters...blah blah..

So in short, STOP OR WELL SUE. Like I siad, ILL THINK OF SOMETHING!!!

:D

bYE.........

:confused::eek::bdroid2::fett::jawa

I seriously don't think they can do a thing as long as you're not making money. Like someone else said (maybe in another thread) that it's just basically fanart. You are basically doing 3d fanart. You're not making any money whatsoever.

Edit: Yup..it was in this thread that "fanart" was used. Sorry, I was doing major multitasking.

Archived