Home

Tactic against Grenades?

Luke Seaswimmer

On the Nar Shaddoo (sp?) level, we are introduced to the grenade-throwing cowhead(?) alien.

Do you have a favorite tactic you use against him? Do you rush up to him? Do you try to push the thermal detonators away? Do you pull at him to rob him of his grenades?

I always suffer a bit of damage everytime I face him.

If that's about the bar area where you have no weapons but the Force and your lightsaber, then really the only things that might help are Push, Pull and Throw. I like to push their grenades back at them so that they blow up the attacker; but that might be tricky.

Now if it's about Grans in other parts of the map (ledges, windows, walkways etc) then using saber throw typically doesn't do any good since the range sux (level 1 saber throw); so I either use alt disruptor fire (which sux again since you need to charge it, and by that time you will already have a grenade nearby), or, best, alt bryar pistol fire together with a zoom script (set cg_fov 10); you can go back and forth/side to side while charging it and its killing power (fully charged) is about the same. The only drawback is that the shot isn't instantaneous (which means you'll have problems hitting them if they're on the run).

Yeah, I guess I really have to use Push more often :-)

BTW, you can move while still in Scope Mode on the Disruptor, as long as you're crouching.

I usually zoom in the scope, then while crouching, strafe left/right a step at a time until I can see their elbows or feet. That's what I aim for, their elbows or feet. That way I can get 'em while they can't get me ;-)

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

I think that you can't or else you're scope will go away. All you can do is move the mouse to see diffrenty but not physically move.

:duel::lsduel:

If you Alt-fire the Disruptors, you get a scope. If you move/ walk when scoped, then the scope will go away.

But if you crouch, then scope, then you can move and still remain "scoped." At least on my system. Maybe the patches "fixed" this and you can't move while scoped anymore, even when crouching.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Luke Seaswimmer

If you Alt-fire the Disruptors, you get a scope. If you move/ walk when scoped, then the scope will go away.

But if you crouch, then scope, then you can move and still remain "scoped." At least on my system. Maybe the patches "fixed" this and you can't move while scoped anymore, even when crouching.

I can crouch and then move with the scope activated, and i have 1.04 installed.

Archived