Home

What Raven SHOULD have done...

Dunpeel

Personally, I think 1.02 was the best version. All they had to do was patch the following few things and it would have been perfect.

1) Fix the sword on the ground bug after DFA.

2) Absorb not showing (like 1.03).

3) The infinite crouch special move in the air.

4) And of course the crashing problems, etc.

Everything else about 1.02 was perfect the way it was. Saber was deadly enough that a skilled player could take on gunners, while guns were also strong enough to take down saber users.

My 2 cents.

and also three more things:

5: Remove backslash/stab pivet

6: Remove the 99.9% chance to pull someone to the ground with pull

7: Have backslash/stab do the move everytime you do a certain combo with keys. This would prevent "assfighting", because instead of people walking around backwards swinging until backslash/stab "locks in" and attacks, they would just be standing in position doing the backslash/stab over and over, getting easily killed.

Don't forget, there's a few exploits in 1.04 that need fixing. There's a hack that lets you push/pull/grip people even if they have absorb, and there is also an exploit that makes you unkillable in saber duels (Which I shall not utter here, don't want this one spreading like wildfire, I prefer seeing one cheater every 20 servers using it, not 20 cheaters every 1 server)

Heh, backstab in blue stance in 1.2 did a max of 40 damage guy. Sorry to break it to you.

Backslash did a max of about 60-70 depending on stance. Wasn't the all powerful move it was in 1.3. Trust me people would just be using red and yellow stance for the most part if they had made the changes some of these people above had suggested. Pulling someone down all the time would be a problem eventually, so that would have been fixed. Because someone would have just pulled someone down then did a over the head red stance slash, would do massive damage.

But I agree, 1.2 minus the bugs and spinning DFA was the best. Pivoting backstabs were never a problem, then, infact it made backstab and backslash a viable opinion for extra (not excessive) damage, unlike in 1.3 where that's what the entire game was about.

Archived