Home

Any help beating first shadowtrooper?

cyberius

We walk into the room just and see the circle open in the middle get on the same level as fast as you can and just use speed and get in fast and hard and just kill them. Don't face them without speed or else you will get killed fast. They can't use speed so use that to their advantage.

:lsduel::duel:

I played that part last night. If I understand the story, their 'suits' are resistant to lightsabers. I used force powers like lightning, that worked against them. I also jumped onto the ledges, they followed and then I force pushed them off and one got killed this way......

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by SS_Sniper

they can use speed if your playing jedi knight or jedi master diffculty. I didnt use speed once through out the whole game and I beat it easy.

You beat them easily? How? Any juicy tactics? :-) Did you use Blue or Yellow stance? Did you saber 'em to death or did you push/pull them off of the platforms?

Getting to an upper platform works well. There's a Small Shield hidden on one of the platforms, and most often only one will come after you. Yellow stance also works pretty well here. Try to take one of them down first, then save and focus on the other. If you get caught between them, Jump Jump Jump. I managed it without using Force Speed, but I did use a lot of quickloads.

I agree with the yellow stance, it seems to be the optimum stance for shadowtroopers, fast enough to use, but has a heavy enough blow to cut through their armor.

I tried blue but it seems to be too puny for the shadowtroop's. I tried blue since the shadowtroopers are fast while my reflexes suck :-) and the speed of the blue might make up for my slow reflexes some.

Red stance, on the other hand... If anyone has gotten ahead, how is the Red stance when going against Shadowtroopers? Is the stance too slow against the troopers?

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

The red stance is so slow that I think that you could grow a batch of Clonetroopers by the time you finish swinging!

I'm being sarcastic if you guys couldnt tell!:p

:lsduel::duel:

LOL! You got it right :-)

I think the red stance is good only for two cases:

1) as a finishing blow, when the enemy isn't running around anymore ;-)

2) when you have force speed and they don't, thus you can time you swings better.

i was messin around on easy at my friends house, and set up as many sentry guns as i could before it came out,and got all my seeker things out and watched the shadowtrooper just block all of the shots so i just ran up and sliced right through him. and didnt take any damage at all.

When you enter the chamber, move to the right and hug the wall. Drop all 5 of your guns here (maybe only 3 if you want to save a couple or are somewhat decent with the saber). The pit won't open, but your five guns will have a nice killing field. Now, go to the left and move towards the central pit to get it to open. When the troopers come out, they will run towards you and die in about 5 seconds apiece:D :D :D Great if your saber combat involves clicking randomly.

Red stance is great against shadowtroopers, even two shadowtroopers simultaneously (which you will face again later on in the game, but I can't tell you when). Just focus on one trooper, and when you start your swing MOVE to the proper position to make it count. They die too quckly;)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Shadow Sith

Red stance is great against shadowtroopers, even two shadowtroopers simultaneously (which you will face again later on in the game, but I can't tell you when). Just focus on one trooper, and when you start your swing MOVE to the proper position to make it count. They die too quckly;)

Thanks for the input. I'll try this.

By the way, I got to the point where you come up against 2 shadowtroopers. After reloading some 4-5 times :-) I tried to run ahead to get some clear space. Amazingly, neither of them followed!

This was in Jedi difficulty. Might be just a bug. Also, might not happen in Jedi Knight or Jedi Master level.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived