Home

WIP: Volrath's Lair

volrathxp

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are going to have some very nice vertice drawing and dragging when you connect your computer properly with all those pesky cables you must have to keep the map as realistic as it is now. And don't forget there's ALWAYS tiny text on the cables telling you the name of some never-heard-of company that made them.

Originally posted by lassev

You are going to have some very nice vertice drawing and dragging when you connect your computer properly with all those pesky cables you must have to keep the map as realistic as it is now. And don't forget there's ALWAYS tiny text on the cables telling you the name of some never-heard-of company that made them.

good idea! :D

K i have a good question here.

will someone (cuz i have trouble with this) make me a to scale keyboard and mouse for my map? i'll credit you for helping most definitely.

i'll find pictures of the mouse and keyboard i have and go from there i just have trouble with the keyboards (my one in rave house sucked ass).

:p

thanks!

This is an official friendly map making warning. Your map is too good please change it immediately. Other maps of similar types look terrible when compared to yours. Please change this immediately. Take steps to make your make suck. It is in the best interest of the community that you do so or your map will inevitably be so much beter than any other map of the same type. This was only a warning.

From---

The Society for Map-Makers that Aren't Good (SMAG)

:axe1:

I think a mouse hole would be a fun addition to the easter eggs. You can position it in some hard to reach place behind the computer or something, and inside is a big, nasty weapons cache.

Ooh! There should be a way to get inside the computer! Like have a little level warp right in front of the audio output jack, and when you run into it, you reappear in a big, impressive, sort of TRON-like area! Then you can have a big door shaped like a giant audio output jack with an EXIT sign over it.

Okay... that might be a little too much, but just consider it. I still stand by my mouse hole idea.

How about if you step on the keyboard it will type a random phrase, like "PHEAR TEH PORK," or "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US," or "YOU ARE AN IDIOT."

Or how about you can take cover in various objects... like shoes!

Or you could ignore these suggestions entirely because they would be bizzarely difficult. Either way, the maps gonna be SHWEET!

Also, when you say you're going to move on to UT3, do you mean Unreal Tournament, or that Unreal Championship that's coming out for Xbox Live this October? (don't miss it!)

From my understanding, Volrath has a little ace up his sleeve for the computer and what he plans to do with it, but I think he would like to have more of the honor to do it, since its his map. what a way to go out. Making the best Rats map in jedi outcast before moving on to UT 2k3.

And about the size, its not always the size thats the problem, if you can get the light under control, least thats my understanding, because I came across some fairly good sized maps, and they ran 70-100 on my machine just fine. but don't get me wrong, Episode 1 from LivingDeadJedi only runs 14-24 on the same machine so, its not like I have a beefed up machine, least not yet anyway. And plus knowing some tricks like hint brushes, etc. But dont get me wrong, I am the last person on this earth to make a large map.. if it was up to me, i would make a cube, put some lights here and there, and call it Night with a skybox and have people duke it out..!

wow your map is coming along very well. when do you think it will be done? also what kinda objects are left in your room?

ive decided that i might scrap my rats map (you know that i was just kidding about that warning thing right?). id rather download your than mine lol. anyway if i pick it up again do you have any tips?

well... i still have the rest of the computer desk, the stand next to it, and my bed. and then the detailing.

as for tips on rats maps: i've been measuring a lot to keep it to scale correctly. that's a good thing to do. and don't make it too big.

other than that, rats maps are supposed to have fun little extras, etc.

:D

Originally posted by Lunatic Jedi

Fine, you're only hurting yourself... :rolleyes:

haha i was kidding.... i don't mind the xbox...

i just hear too much about it from someone i know and it gets real annoying REALLY fast...

anyways, i know i've been lax on updates here, they are coming, just wait, got some other things to attend to first.

Archived