Home

Can someone give me a reasoning behind these?

shadowriath

I know alot of this is simply summed up to "game engine limets"...but still the question remains.

One: The reason for the air transport for the Empire. It's a troop shuttle craft.....yet is allowed to carry 5, let alone 1 AT-AT (the shuttle craft can fit in the AT-AT head).

Two: The air transport for the Trade. The current is just a normal cargo transport....wouldn't they use their combat transport? And their land transport....isn't it a hovercraft?

Three: The "Air Cruiser" for the republic...isn't very powerful (no racking beam cannons or missiles) plus it should carry 10 foot units. The transport for the Republic should be a early mini-star distroyer.

Four: Confederacys AA mobile....it also should be the art. for them as well.

Five: Rebels...wheres the B-wing? Managed to cram a Z-95 in there.

Six: The Gungens...shouldn't they beable to build everything under or at least on the water? Shouldn't their foot units beable to traverse water?

--------------------------------Might be more but can't think of them now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarthMaulUK

hmmmm.

Some of the artwork in SWGB is old artwork from Star Wars movies. For example, in Clone Campaigns, Lucasarts used some of the used artwork in the SW: Episode II film.

When puttin CC together, they didn't know what characters did what (to a certain extent) or some of the units. So, in some cases they were working blind.

With the Imperial Shuttle, it's a current design, so rather than make up a new design, they used the one in the movies. Yes, they made different designs for other Civs but time is money.

I think some of the units in CC are excellent in design..such as the Confederacy AA unit, the Republic Artillery, Clone Troopers all look great.

Allowing the Air Cruiser to carry troopers would be a waste of time. It is too slow and up against a group of fighters - dies quickly. It would have been nice to see the Star Destroyer, Blockade runner, Trade Federation Battleship and a few others as Crusiers, rather than new designs.

As for the B-Wing. You will find this in the Scenario toy box or in one of the Campaigns in CC.

The gungans are ok as they are. Very much underrated I think. But allowing them to 'swim' into battle would and could unbalance things.

DMUK

Archived