Home

Mmmmovies

Alien426

i say that movie The Hours i hated it, it made no sense, women kiss for no reason, sister kiss's sister......it was a very stuped movie if you ask me...BUT i did like Chicago, with the sexy Renée Zellweger and the AMAzing musci and dance and a great STORY! i loved the movie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fnurm-de-bermberm.

Blah blah blah on Chicago, enough of that rubbish.

I just saw Three Kings. The first time I saw it was a few years ago when I had less of a cultured film taste (as well as zero knowledge of the Gulf War), and thus didn't know what to make of it. This time I came to the realization that Kevin is right:

Three Kings, Fight Club, Being John Malkovich/Adaptation, and to a slightly lesser degree Requiem For A Dream are the future of film.

Not necessarily the future of all film, but they are the people taking the next step. As Mast and Kawin might say (the authors of my Film History book, FYI), they are taking us out of the Age of Myths. A new, more intelligent form of film experimentation is beginning.

Next on my list of movies to see is 25th Hour. Saw the first half-hour at a friend's house and decided it's probably really amazing. That mirror speech... damn. Also, it's the first movie to incorporate Ground Zero into the feature, and the first to deal with 9/11 since... well, since 9/11. The script was rewritten to incorporate it.

Blake is here. Bye!

Archived