Home

What are the differences between the PS2 & PC versions of EMI?

scabb

Hee, you guys almost said all the differences, but you missed a major one. The graphics were improved. They were great on the PC version, but they’re much better on PS2 (and the first cut scene looks amazing on a big TV…) Also Murray Ball is two player and the extra mini game is called Monkey Invaders. And the PS2 version is on a DVD-Rom not a CD :p

I’ve looked through both the PC and PS2 versions looking for new stuff or stuff that wasn’t in the PS2 version (as I own them both), I only found one thing that wasn’t in the PS2 version; it’s missing a view in the governor’s mansion.

Oh and the PS2 version got better reviews then the PC one did, it got mostly perfect scores, most reviewers still have the game in there top ten lists. People must have been scared away from the scary box art O.o;;;

- Blaze Marley-Flamestrike

knower of console like things...

http://www.monkeymug.com

Originally posted by Blaze_Marley-Flamestrike

Hee, you guys almost said all the differences, but you missed a major one. The graphics were improved. They were great on the PC version, but they’re much better on PS2 (and the first cut scene looks amazing on a big TV…)

Really? Wow, this is the first difference that makes me wish to own the PSII version. Oh well...the graphics are not the most important part of the game, I guess.

Well, from what I played of it...the game was a fair bit slower...but you expect that right!?

I wouldn't say the graphics are of a much higher grade...didn't notice an incredible difference - although in all honesty, the TV I played on wasn't as good as a monitor.

I didn't know there was a hidden subgame in EMI though? Well, I'm replaying the whole bunch ATM, so I'll be on the look out for that.

All in all - it's a solid conversion. I'm tempted to pick it up myself *even though I have the PC version* it's in the budget bin now...:).

Oh and additionally, EMI was a big seller here in the UK. Was #1 in the PS2 charts when it debuted I think. Gran Turismo wasn't far off from that I don't think, so...:)

I see Full Throttle being pretty good for LEC as well. Gladius, almost certainly

I always follow LEC console topics, because I have none myself and I want to know everything about them. In fact, EfMI will possibly not change my mind about it. But it's interesting, lisening to you discussing this topic. Gosh, <hyuk><hyuk> I am happy I didn't buy a console myself.

The PC version didn't fare too badly in the PC charts, either. I think it went in at number 5 and hung around there for a few weeks. It even topped Norton Antivirus a few times, that well-known piece of leisure software.

Originally posted by eliteraywillmot

Well, from what I played of it...the game was a fair bit slower...but you expect that right!?

Hee... Not on mine.. My PC's is crap... The cut scenes don't even play right on my PC (disk is in perfect condition)

I'll give you an example from the first cut scene: "From the personal log of Guybrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr(goes on for five min.)brush Threepwood (graphics start to move faster then sound track) some times when it's quite I can still hear the monkeys (game freezes, PC is turned off, PS2 is turned on and hugged. All is well in gaming world.)

Then in play a bunch of pixels start to flash and it bugs me, and the voice is totally off… I need a new PC…

OH! I remembered another thing! It's not really a diffrence, just a really bad translation! In the french version of the PS2 game manual UBISoft says that Elaine is the governor of Monkey Island. Something tells me the french gamers are confused....

Archived