Home

forceMod beta - Level 4 force powers

Azymn

I've written a mod i use with a couple buddies over a LAN.

I don't know if there's any interest for this sort of thing, but it's built on the JediMod 1.2 base and these are a few of the main things it adds:

Level 4 force powers now available for all force powers.

Defense, speed, and damage scaling based on size (invertable).

If anyone's curious i can email you the tentative readme, which explains the benefits of each level 4 force power and new cvars, among other things.

Again, it's already written and packaged - i just wanna know if there is enough interest to post this mod?

Here's a couple of level 4 force powers:

Heal Level 4:

- Heals 35 points of damage.

- Regenerates 1 hitpoint every 2 seconds.

Jump Level 4:

- Jump 16x normal height.

- All jumps are free while in flight (Zero force cost).

- Falling damage reduced to 1/4.

Speed Level 4:

- Run at 2x normal speed.

- Normal running speed is increased 10%.

Many of them confer passive bonuses to the wielder, some do extra tricks that aren't available on any of the lower three levels.

• 2 weeks later...

Just submitted the first ForceMod release beta to jediknightii.net and jk2files.com about an hour ago.

Don't know when it'll be up.

Thanks to those of you who helped test it already.

BTW - it's got the Jetpack and a number of other additions.

edit:

The link is up now:

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=918

Feel free to post questions/suggestions - you can search for other ForceMod servers in this beta release, and the Jetpack has a fueltank and limitations on who flies it.

I have tried just about all the mods out there and I like the force mod the best. Adding a fule tank to the jetpack makes the jetpack playable, if not it would be to much of an advantage. The control options are excellent. Is there any way to Modify the function of the grapple hook when you hit some with it. Maybe it can work like force pull or force push knocking an opponent down with a good hit or yanking and opponent to the side. Normally if you are a merc you do not want to pull yourself tours your opponent which is it's current function. Keep up the great work and I truly believe this a kick ass mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, this is the first forum i've been apart of, and i didn't realize the dangers of posting your email (it can be scanned by spammers), so i'm sorry for not realizing this earlier, but if you posted your email, please remove it. :(

If any of you want to test the next beta, just PM me your email or lemme know if i already have it.

And again, sorry about the requests to post your email.

• 2 weeks later...

Seem to be having trouble getting the fourth rank to show up in the configure screen. Here's what I've tried so far and all have failed.

<1> Loading forcemod with the .bat

<2> Loading the mod from the mod option in setup

<3> Changing screen resolutions (at one point I was bored enough to try ALL of them)

<4> Joining other servers running the mod

As it stands I -can- put the points in and gain the fourth rank, but after respawning they all drop to zero and I have to reselect all the powers, respawn again and I get a life with the powers. Any other suggestions on what I can try (or maybe it's a bug with the mod) would be appreciated.

There are two ways to do it:

1) When you're in the main menu, go to Setup->Forcemod and make sure level 4 powers are enabled.

2) When you are at the force selection screen, bring down the console by typing "~", and then type "set f_forcemod 1" (without the quotes.

PM me if that doesn't work and i'll help you out.

• 6 months later...

Okay eveytime you do somthing like that i miss it is there anyway you could please email the beta i know im late but i really loved the first one. But dude it would be really cool if i could get that beta if not well of corse i understand but if you wanna give it to me email me at monarky2000@comcast.net i check that email often thanks in advance!!!

Originally posted by Monarky2000

Okay eveytime you do somthing like that i miss it is there anyway you could please email the beta i know im late but i really loved the first one. But dude it would be really cool if i could get that beta if not well of corse i understand but if you wanna give it to me email me at monarky2000@comcast.net i check that email often thanks in advance!!!

hey monarky,

it is NOT a good thing to post your e-mail address in a public forum. (spam, viruses, etc.)

However, you SHOULD PM him your address and that will grab his attention faster than on a forum.

Archived