Home

The Official "i Hate 1.04 Vote Thread"

graigsmith

Please post a message in this thread if you HATE 1.04. dont post messages defending 1.04. because they will be just counted as negative votes..

i hate 1.04 because it took all the fun out of a great multiplayer game.. force powers are useless.. sabers are usless.. its boring.. all there is to do now is run and try to slice..

RAVEN please make the game fun again.

I'm sorry..?

Did you try to post this like 2 months ago?

If not, you probably should have. Do you have any idea how *late* you are? :rolleyes:

But hey, great idea. You gotta love the whole "post here if you hate Raven"-idea. Very nice.

Heres something I made especially for you:

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Yeah, that's right:

Cry me a river.

• 2 weeks later...

....You can't expect to please everyone when you go changing stuff.

I get your point and....I sort of agree with you, but there are other ways to deal with this. (than posting a pointless "Boo Raven, Booo!"-thread.)

A) Constructive criticism.

B) Download Promod.

At the moment I'd choose B. I don't think any possible future Raven patch could do a better job in making JO a skill-based game with sabers that actually are worth swinging.

Things like "50% more damage vs. gunners", ...oh hell...check it out yourself:

http://66.250.145.38/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77021

Your just rabid about promod! I tried 1.0 version and was not impressed, but am going to go back and retry 2.0.

But here is one question. Why the 50% damage increase against gunners? If your a "pro" you should be ablre to take out a gunner in std jk2. I have no problem doing this....so why the increase? Is it because of other changes made in the mod? This is not a slam...just a question.

Also I have no problem with 1.04 IF the server sets it up correctly. By this I mean ghoul, box trace are on and trace size is set to 0 or -1. This makes the sabers worth using.

But my fav is still jedimod v1.2 with high damage and low blocking values. But we will see. If promod is as it is stated and raved to be I might switch my server over.

But I really love having a real backstab and the air lunge back. Does promod allow the air lunge? Guess I will find out.:D

No air lunge in Promod that I know of.

The backstab works as it should. If you hit it well, you win. But it's not a 100% safe 100% certain insta-kill as in 1.03, thank god. :)

The increased damage against gunners makes sense. Not only because it balances the game, but because the one who gets hit has absolutely no protection. The same goes for guys who have thrown away their saber or aren't using any weapons.

Know what I mean..?

Well we gave it a run last night in saber only mode. It is more refined than its first release but everyone on the server hated it except for me. I thought that it has promise but still needs a little work, but I know that is being done.

The greatest problem was far too much blocking. Sparks were in abundance!

The red (heavy) stance is the only one that seems to do any damage at all. The rest are nearly wortless in this area, I use to ight many a duel in yellow and blue because red was far too slow...

I do use all of the stances and have so since I began playing, but find myself "searching" for moves in this mod because of the penalties from movement. My feeling is, and has been, that as a Jedi knight we have exact control over body and mind and can execute perfect moves with no "skill" lost to us.

I am very good at regular JK2 and outstanding in Jedimod. I use only a single saber in Jedimod but with the air lunge and the extra stances I have a greater selection of attacks.

I find myself unable to perform some of the attacks that I love best. Like my fav backstab, flip over the head of your opponent and back stab them in the head in blue (light) stance before my feet even touch the ground. Also a turning flip followed by an air lunge in the head is a great finisher. Even in Jedimod my duels last for ususally less than two minutes, and against a nOOb only two moves....a facke and a kill shot. With the blocking so low and the damage so high I find it easy to defeat my opponents. Plus with the mod command for extra damage to the head area I always aim for it. Most duels I never swing unless I am driving the opponent back or I know I am going to hit them.

The only thing in promod that I think should be changed for sure is the kicks. I can kick the crap out of just about anyone, but this single tap stuff just plain sucks. Now I kick people when I wish to flip over them and backstab or just plain jump. I know the meter is there to help me judge distance, but I already could judge distance well enough to execute this move perfectly 75% of the time without a gauge. Now I find this very difficult indeed.

I will play promod some more but I think that the air lunge should be added back in with it. This is a deadly and viable tool in the right hands and sorely lacking in newer versions of the game.

I do not think this is a bad mod but rather exactly what it says, a promod. A mod for people who liked the game around version 1.02 but with more bocking. Saber skill is a must in it. No longer will random swings win the day. I think that new players should try this mod. At the very least it will help them to use the saber. That is the problem with version 1.04. It does not teach you how to use the saber. Kick +dfa are all you need to win in those games and in 1.03 all you needed was the backstab.

I will keep this mod on my machine as a tool to help me work on my saber skills, and to join others in promod servers,but unless more of my regular server clients ask for it....it will not be run.

Originally posted by Sith Maximus

The greatest problem was far too much blocking. Sparks were in abundance!

WTF?! Too much blocking? We must be playing a different ProMod because when I play, the blocking arc is very small and very easy to get around if you use the right combos and stances.

The red (heavy) stance is the only one that seems to do any damage at all. The rest are nearly wortless in this area, I use to ight many a duel in yellow and blue because red was far too slow...

I win duels in all stances all the time. Yellow kills incredibly quickly (two hits) if you time it right. Blue can kill you in 2 sec if you chain your hits at the right moment. Red is easily blocked and the intelligent fighter will charge at your red while swinging blue, time it right and Mr. Red is flat on his @ss in no time.

The only thing in promod that I think should be changed for sure is the kicks. I can kick the crap out of just about anyone, but this single tap stuff just plain sucks. Now I kick people when I wish to flip over them and backstab or just plain jump. I know the meter is there to help me judge distance, but I already could judge distance well enough to execute this move perfectly 75% of the time without a gauge. Now I find this very difficult indeed.

The single tap is there so that you can't kick from as long a distance as you can with a double tap. You can't kick the crap out of anyone in promod because the kicks do ZERO damage unless they are side kicks.

I do not think this is a bad mod but rather exactly what it says, a promod. A mod for people who liked the game around version 1.02 but with more bocking.

I play 1.02, Promod, and JK++ just about everyday. ProMod and 1.02 are way too different to say ProMod is based on it. It seems to me that Promod has only a few similarities to 1.02.

1- Red stance footspeed is not snail slow (but still slower then 1.02)

2- single tap kicks (but they do no damage and result in no knockdowns unless they are side kicks)

So you see ProMod is a different animal then 1.02 almost completely. I think if you played 1.02 today you would see that NOTHING is like 1.02.

But here is one question. Why the 50% damage increase against gunners? If your a "pro" you should be ablre to take out a gunner in std jk2. I have no problem doing this....so why the increase? Is it because of other changes made in the mod? This is not a slam...just a question.

Good question.

Answer: These changes were made to up saber effectiveness against gunners in ladders. Why can't you kill gunners with a saber in 1.04?

1- Sabers are too weak, you will be shot to death by a gunner before you can hack him to death.

2- Footspeed on Red and Yellow slow you down, while gunners are not slowed.

3- Absorb

4- Bunny hopping - if you have ever played against a good clan in 1.04 (i.e. HK, -V-, TK, etc.) you will see that they begin hopping about like their butt is on fire if you get near them. The thing is that they are just as accurate while hopping as they are standing still. They throw absorb on and you won't land any saber hits.

Originally posted by Luc Solar

I'm sorry..?

Did you try to post this like 2 months ago?

If not, you probably should have. Do you have any idea how *late* you are? :rolleyes:

But hey, great idea. You gotta love the whole "post here if you hate Raven"-idea. Very nice.

Heres something I made especially for you:

Yeah, that's right:

Cry me a river.

Still can't accept the fact that 1.02 is better then vanilla 1.04, eh?

OPEN YOUR EYES MAN!!! :nutz1: 1.04 is garbage!!

Originally posted by Old_Ben

Every one wants the game to be a diffent way Raven can't make a game that everyone loves. If your version was made there would be a hundred other complainers.

1.02 - x= 1.04

x= everything that was hard to defend

Had they added instaed of subtracted to the game then more people would be happy. The only people who are happy know are these saber wackos that think the game should be nothing but saber slashes.

Fact: The game is slower

Fact: Guns are more superior to sabers then ever before

Fact: Blocking is random

The fact that ANY PLAYER would be happy that his game now has LESS OPTIONS then when he bought it, is a sign of how stupid humans can be. You actually asked a company to give you LESS then what you payed for!! AHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by FatalStrike

Still can't accept the fact that 1.02 is better then vanilla 1.04, eh?

OPEN YOUR EYES MAN!!! :nutz1: 1.04 is garbage!!

LoL! Get off my case already! :D

Btw - The guy was complaining that 1.04 sucked the fun out of 1.03(!!!)

The only major difference between 1.03 and 1.04 was the backstab. I did not enjoy the era of assfighters.. lol...it was the most ridiculous thing ever!

But after a Promod game, I doubt anyone wants to go back to 1.04. Damn sabers not doing any damage...a perfect DFA hurts just a little bit...might even force you to step on one of those medpacks that are littered all over the maps. Ooof.. :(

Try Jedimod v1.2 with the lunge unnerfed and the backstab damage upped.

Setup the server with these settings (along with all of the other mod commands):

mod_skillMode "1" = head damage is double that of body damage

one clean red or yellow stance headshot means death

mod_blockscale "2.5" = less auto blocking...u must block...no auto back blocking u must turn to your opponent to block them

mod_nerfbs "3" = sets damage variables to be used

mod_nerfspin "1" = kills backspin in backstab attacks

mod_nerflunge "0" = puts air lunge back in

mod_lbsmin "20" = min blue backstab

mod_lbsmax "60" = max blue backstab

mod_mbsmin "25" = min yellow backstab

mod_mbsmax "75" = max yellow backstab

mod_hbsmmin "35" = min red backstab

mod_hbsmax "95" = max red backstab

g_saberboxtracesize "-1" = more deadly sabers

g_saberdmgvelocityscale "1.2" = saber blow knockback

g_saberdmgdelay_idle "350"

g_saberdmgdelay_wound "0"

g_saberghoul2collision "1" = allows mid swing parries

seta g_sabertracesaberfirst "1" = more deadly /accurate sabers

seta _saberalwaysboxtrace "1" = more deadly /accurate sabers

seta g_saberdamagescale "3" = high saber damage scale one good unblocked red hit or lunge to the head means death

Also no saberlocks....they are just annoying....for everyone.

These settings also help to even out a jedi vs merc battle or when you run out of ammo and must goto a saber in a weaponsbattle. You should be in blue to block blaster fire because yellow just does not have enough blocking power.

Try these settings out...they are fun but deadly.

The only major difference between 1.03 and 1.04 was the backstab. I did not enjoy the era of assfighters.. lol...it was the most ridiculous thing ever!

Well since you put it that way, I agree.

But after a Promod game, I doubt anyone wants to go back to 1.04. Damn sabers not doing any damage...a perfect DFA hurts just a little bit...might even force you to step on one of those medpacks that are littered all over the maps. Ooof.. :(

Love that ProMod!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived