Episode 7?

Will SW: Episode 7 be made?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will SW: Episode 7 be made?

• Yes
    • No
    • Cheese
    • Option 4

A SW television show would be fantastic! I can't imagine that it would suck unless they got Michael Pare to star in it. There is *so* much that can be drawn from for a series that it would be silly not to do one.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that, after EPIII, we don't see something emerge on television from the SW universe. What will GL and LucasFilms have to lose? Anything done on the series won't effect future film releases since there are no plans for future films. The films will be established and canon, so the series will *have* to take them into account.

The Star Trek universe has been VERY successful on both film and television. Even though ST began on the small screen, one can argue that the demand and market for ST:NG, et al emerged from the ST movies (at least the first three).

If Andromeda can build an audience, a SW series will have no prob. The audience is already established!

SkinWalker

Exactly Red, I think what we were saying is that if the movies were made we wouldn't want anyone other that Harrison Ford to play Solo either. Someone had brought up the point of who would play Solo.....most all of us think it should be Ford, of course! :D

BTW-When is the new Indy movie due???

A Star Wars television series would need to be extremly expensive, both in terms of actors and special effects, not to mention a decent director to be successful. Though, I imagine, in the next dozen or so years, one may see the light of day. As for a final trilogy, Episode 7-9, I concur that Timothy Zahn's trilogy is the best suited.

However while the actors who played the characters in the original trilogy have aged somewhat in twenty years (who wouldn't?) they could no doubt lend their voices to any gaming representation of said Episode 7-9, though I doubt Lucas would allow such a trilogy to be represented on anything other than film.

A Star Wars television series would need to be extremly expensive, both in terms of actors and special effects

No more than Star Trek: Voyager; Enterprise; DS9; TNG.

There is so much to the SW Universe that sets could be used in more easily accessed locations than in the movies. You wouldn't be limited to Tatooine or Hoth. A series could be situated around Nar Shadda or Coruscant....... or many other worlds that could easily be done in studio.

I foresee it. ;)

SkinWalker

Throwing money at the problem won't necessarily improve the quality, and besides Star Wars has always been more extravagent than the likes of Star Trek, better too imo. I don't know if I'd like to see it, as well. What is on film now is the core story, the best story. To add things, whether from the novels, comics etc might compromise the quality of what people view as Star Wars. It's basically the story of a family, a very sweet story, about how good always triumphs over evil. Maybe more isn't necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived