Home

Monkey Island Novel

Ok people. As some of you may or may not know, I love to write. It's something I've always enjoyed doing, and i've been commented on by a few people, as having a talent for it. I believe that's where my future lies, and I'm going to make an effort for that...

Which brings me to the reason for this post. There's two things I wish to ask, all of you...

#1 - Sales for the Monkey Island games. Does anybody have an idea how many games have actually been sold of this franchise? It's a question I've always wondered, haven't found any info though.

and #2 - If I went about doing this - would there be an interest? I mean - would you guys buy a book on Monkey Island to read? I have a story in mind, talking with my friend earlier, and I think we got something good - something real good. The story itself will include characters you haven't seen for a while, as well as a version of the secret of monkey island. Something, I'm not so sure, that's been touched upon. Least, not to my knowledge or sight. I am probably wrong however, but it's different from what I've seen lately.

If something is finished, I'm considering sending it to Corgi books *who published a novel of the Dig, which I own and is sat next to me right now* and hoping to see if anything comes of it.

So, any thoughts, questions, feedback, please ask...

Thanks for your time

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, writing a book with someone else's copywrited characters isn't a good way to get yourself published. Plus, to be honest, I don't know how well MI would translate into a novel. The solution to most of the puzzles would just sound incredibly random written as a novel.

Originally posted by Scottbrush

The solution to most of the puzzles would just sound incredibly random written as a novel.

Not really. Take a look at these - they work very well. Plus eliteraywillmot will be writing an original peice, without the restrictions set by the game.

And if a Dig novel was made, then surely LucasArts would allow a Monkey Island novel?

The difference is that the Dig novel was written by the guy who wrote a lot of the dialogue for the game. Plus it was obviously developed in co-operation with LEC.

I guess I should read the damn book, seeing that I bought it all...

Archived