Home

I think this needs to be said

RpTheHotrod

noob this, noob that, the fact is, most people calling others "noobs" is because of the noob-caller acting like a noob himself. They cover their tracks by taking it out of someone else.

Now, a true noob:

Noob=Newbie

Newbie :

Someone very new to the game

Examples?

>Lightning people over and over, running away for more power, and lightning more....when the other person has absorb the entire time.

>Shooting blasters at people with sabers drawn

> Asking basic questions

> Mad about cheaters who can do special moves (wall walk cheat, for example :p )

Now, what everyone today seems to call a noob...

push n00b

pull n00b

kick n00b

lightning n00b

absorb n00b

weapon n00b

I could go on.

Now, all because someone pushes you off a ledge doesn't mean they are a noob. All because someone fries you with lightning doesn't mean it's their first day to play. The fact is, noob-calling is just a way to cover people's own crappy style of playing.

Here's an example in ctf_bespin:

Someone is on offense, and the team is suffering on defense. They switch to defense. They jump up onto the ledge above that hallway (with no wall). Someone from the enemy team does speed+rage and keeps jumping across the pit, but dying because the person on the ledge simply pulls them once and they fall to their doom. This happens about 50 times, and during the whole time, the speed-rager keeps calling him a pull n00b, because "he has no skillz and ain't ub3r like I am, he's scared to fight, a wimp, and so new he can't do anything but pull, wah wah"...etc...your basic whine. Well, instead of the speed-rager being a smart player and switching his tactic, he keeps jumping over the pit, gets even more angry, calls him names, curses, screams, calling him n00b, changing his name like the puller's name but adding an insult to it. All because the puller stands there, and EASILY kills the speed-rager because of the dumb moves of the speed-rager, does NOT mean the puller is new to the came/is lame/is dumb/has no skills.

Tell me, who is acting more "noobish" in that example:

The person who defends his flag successfully, easily killing off someone over and over.

-OR-

The person who dies over and over, doing the same thing over and over, which obviously isn't working at all, and isntead of countering the problem, starts crying about it.

He would respond, "THERE'S NO WAY AROUND IT!" Well, hmmm, stop jumping over a pit, go the normal way, get absorb, get push/pull yourself, use mind trick, shoot the guy on the ledge once which would make him fall.

Here is the problem. This i why the patches bring on nerfs. Instead of people countering stuff, they whine about it and cry for nerfs. "EVERYTIME I JUST STAND THERE AND GET HIT BY A SABER THROW INSTEAD OF DODGING OUT OF THE WAY AND KILLING THE OTHER PERSON SINCE HE LOWERED HIS DEFENSE WITH A FRICKEN BLASTER PISTOL, I SAY SABER THROW SHOULD BE NERFED, BECAUSE IT HURTS YOU AND I'M TOO LAZY TO MOVE TWO FEET TO THE RIGHT"

Pretty much, that's how most nerfs come into ANY game.

If someone is bugging you, instead of getting into a huge argument, just leave the server, find another one. Don't let them ruin your fun.

All in all, this post sums the following up:

When you die over and over, stop blaming it on others, keep your mouth shut,don't call them n00bs, because more than likely they arn't. Hey, you think a n00b would be so well at destroying your "unbeatable" play-style?Learn to counter what you face. You're special gameplay isn't meant to be unbeatable. You'll always find someone breaking your play style. (A speed-rager, for example...excellent for getting flags, but if someone is smart and learns to counter YOUR play-style, then you need to learn to counter THEIR play-style)

All in all... to quote one of the most simple and truthful sayings through-out JK2:Outcast, "Stop yer whinin' and play!"

this sounds a lot like a thread that i think lexx started in multiplayer strategy

i agree that the term newb should not be used as an insult as it insults those new to the game by using the term...but it is something that happens in all game...it is almost a tradition for people that are cheaters, lamers, hackers, etc to be called a newb...i doubt it could be stopped even if we wanted to

The theme of this letter is not "This is the precondition for my crusade against paltry solecism." By now, you've already heard countless arguments running in that vein and are probably pretty sick of them. The theme of this letter is "The n00bs has announced a number of pestilential, diabolic ideas on how to run -- or is that ruin? -- everyone's life." There are a number of reasons the n00bs isn't telling us as to why it wants to seize control of the power structure. In this letter, I will expose those reasons one-by-one, on the principle that I'm bewildered by the malodorous nature of its antics. The n00bs will almost certainly tiptoe around that glaringly evident fact, because if it didn't, you might come to realize that its intent is to prevent us from asking questions. The n00bs doesn't want the details checked. It doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts it presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of its "facts" are false. The problem, as I see it, is not a question of who the Machiavellians of this society are, but rather that being shielded from the consequences of its bad judgment and bad behavior has made the n00bs careless. Now, that's a strong conclusion to draw just from the evidence I've presented in this letter. So let me corroborate it by saying that to the n00bs's mind, children should get into cars with strangers who wave lots of yummy candy at them. So that means that university professors must conform their theses and conclusions to its irascible prejudices if they want to publish papers and advance their careers, right? No, not right. The truth is that the n00bs loves the truth only as long as it doesn't conflict with its viewpoints. It's that simple. The n00bs's voiced intentions don't match its actual intentions. Well, that's getting away from my main topic, which is that it is typical of pea-brained schmucks in its wild invocations to the irrational, the magic, and the fantastic to dramatize its positions. Okay, I've vented enough frustration. So let me end by saying that I am not the n00bs's whipping boy.

:D

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Point is, if they are spamming a move, isntead of complaining about it, counter it. Don't start going on about how they have no skill. The ones who don't learn to counter problems are the ones without the skill.

Why do you think we saw 1.03 and 1.04 as is in the first place.

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

Why do you think we saw 1.03 and 1.04 as is in the first place.

Well there were some good changes that came from the patches. Problem is Raven goes to far. Instead of making minor changes they nerf it to hell.

The whole concept of "<insert move> whore" is stupid to me. If you can't stop it, it is a good idea for your enemy to keep doing it. This is like a football team that is weak against passing offenses to call the Rams "Pass whores"

RP- great post! I'm glad you saw the error in your ways. So how many times did you get pulled into the pit before you figured out that he was standing up there? :D

The term n00b or newbie is highly over used in JKII, and the gaming world. But I guess it also has effectived society as well. For example, if you call a NFL player a beginner, who is professional, or something similar to that, he'll get mad.

Basically, calling someone a n00b or newbie in the gaming world, is basically saying to a very good player that he's a beginner (usually the player is good), a insult.

But I admit, I use the term n00b, when someone IS acting like one. And when people are new to the game, I call them rookies, just seems more appropiate to me.

PS: LOL, I used speed rage, same level many times, and after getting pushed or pulled off the ledge about 2 or 3 times, I get out my fletchee, and blast the guy off, then take the flag ;) .

FatalStrike, yes..you adapt....and that example was a random one...never happened to me ;)

I don't use speed or rage, but I do remember people being up there with push and pull. Really got annoying, but then I learned to turn it against them. There is a spot at the long open wall where you can safely jump DOWN and onto a ledge BELOW. Once on the ledge, I force jump up and shoot them off from beside them. They never see it coming ;)

Uh, let me get this straight. Some lamer (a.k.a. RpTheHotRod) stands on the ledge above the flag pulling anyone who tries to get the flag (whether they're using speed/rage or not) and then taunting them when they kill themselves after he pulls them to their doom; and they're supposed to easily "counter" this gayness by jumping down to a ledge below the lamer and shooting him off his perch, after which they can jump back up and grab the flag, kill the four fletchette-wielding defenders and race back to their own base (fending off three speed/raging defenders chasing after them) to capture the flag. Yeah, I don't see why I didn't think of it before.

Your Friend,

The Lopper

Originally posted by The Lopper

Uh, let me get this straight. Some lamer (a.k.a. RpTheHotRod) stands on the ledge above the flag pulling anyone who tries to get the flag (whether they're using speed/rage or not) and then taunting them when they kill themselves after he pulls them to their doom; and they're supposed to easily "counter" this gayness by jumping down to a ledge below the lamer and shooting him off his perch, after which they can jump back up and grab the flag, kill the four fletchette-wielding defenders and race back to their own base (fending off three speed/raging defenders chasing after them) to capture the flag. Yeah, I don't see why I didn't think of it before.

Your Friend,

The Lopper

Correct! Remember its NOT supposed to be easy and ANYTHING that works is considered good defense.

Correct..but you made a mistake on 2 things...first, I'm no lamer, second, I don't "taunt" them. If they complain about ot, I say counter it.

I didn't say the only way to shoot them off is that ledge below, I said that's A way to do it. Use the sniper window, walk to the flag the normal way and shoot them, jump out, turn around, and pull them before they pull you, etc etc...so many ways.

You do realize that the original concept of CTF was to be a team-capture. Not a loner. You can't expect to waltz in, grab the flag, and waltz right back out. It was supposed to use a team of about 3 or 4 while the rest defend. You have it too easy...and when your "easy" way gets into trouble, you start calling peopel lamers.

:rolleyes:

"nOOb" is definately the most overused term of this game...

However, it is my believe that sometimes people only use that term instead of any insult, instead of maybe "a$$hole" simply because they know that the other one is REALLY going to be pissed of and maybe even leaves the server, goes straight to the forums and writes a post like RpTheHotrod :D (hey, don't get me wrong, I agree with you ;) )

Has it ever struck you that people do this just to piss you off, well knowing that you only are the better player, rather than a real Newbie?

I wouldn't take this too seriously. I know that my behaviour is non-nOObish, no matter what people call me. And if they do, I just shrug it away, it doesn't get to me.

Just my 2 cts...

It doesn't bother me...because I have a handy-dandy bind that says "Quite yer whinin' and play!" everytime someones whines.

I'm just posted this message because, well, it needs to be said and known. Stop acting like idiots banging your head into a closed door while complaining it hurts your head and learn to open it.

Correct..but you made a mistake on 2 things...first, I'm no lamer, second, I don't "taunt" them. If they complain about ot, I say counter it.

I didn't say the only way to shoot them off is that ledge below, I said that's A way to do it. Use the sniper window, walk to the flag the normal way and shoot them, jump out, turn around, and pull them before they pull you, etc etc...so many ways.

You do realize that the original concept of CTF was to be a team-capture. Not a loner. You can't expect to waltz in, grab the flag, and waltz right back out. It was supposed to use a team of about 3 or 4 while the rest defend. You have it too easy...and when your "easy" way gets into trouble, you start calling peopel lamers.

:rolleyes:

First, you are lamer. Second, you do taunt people, I've seen you do it, as well as brag incessantly about how you're having so much fun stopping the "speeders" (this kind of bragging is the hallmark of the sociopathic personality -- seek professional help before it's too late is my advice). Third, to expect co-ordinated team tactics on a public server where teamates don't know each other is unrealistic.

Your Friend,

The Lopper

You sure you've been playing against the real me? There are 2 other people who decided to take up my name for some reason. Ask that TK-G guy, he's seen them

There is...

Rp TheHotrod

Rp TheHotrod

then there is me...the real one....

I have a red ^

black RpTheHotrod

then a red ^

You sure you've been playing against the real me? There are 2 other people who decided to take up my name for some reason. Ask that TK-G guy, he's seen them

There is...

Rp TheHotrod

Rp TheHotrod

then there is me...the real one....

I have a red ^

black RpTheHotrod

then a red ^

Well, it was only yesterday that I was playing in a game with a ledge-sitter/puller named RpTheHotRod who was bragging about how "that was the 177th self kill I've caused. Ha. Ha.". Was that you? If so, you're most definitely a lamer.

Your Friend,

The Lopper

Yeah, that's not me. My name is ^RpTheHotrod^ I don't have a "bad move learn from it" bind either.

I really don't see how using pull makes someone a n00b either. Only reason I put points into push and pull was to counter push and pull (instead of complaining about being pulled off all the time, I got pull myself to counter it). Now, if someone makes a mistake and jumps across a pit to get away, ya, I'm gonna pull him. His mistake.

Alsooo...I don't have a Kill Tracker. Hate em, so annoying. Kill Tracks just spam. No one cares how many kills you've gotten.

Any move or power that can be used as offense is hereby declared "lame", by order of the Imperial Lamer Federation.

Anyone caught using an "offensive" move or power, of any kind, will be subject to punishments that include, but not limited to:

- Cursing

- Accusations of Cheating

- Accusations of Hacking

- Questions about one's skill level in the game

- Insinuations that one has "no skill"

- Insinuations that one is a beginner, or "noob"

- Questioning of Sexual Preference

- Inferences of Sexual Preference

- Accusations of inappropriate actions with one's own mother

- Descriptions of things someone has done to one's mother

- Revelation of who one's "daddy" really is

- General Spam

- More cursing

- Bad Spelling

- Having a "kick" vote initiated against offender

- Having "kick" vote fail

- Having "kick" vote started again

- Being spammed "vote yes plz"

- Being attacked

- Should one fail to defend previous attack, "u suck" spam will ensue

This thread is about as tasty and interresting as sour milk. Humans got the gift of language and you people are abusing that gift by discussion things that are 100% irrelevant. You are all spam noobs... if the bible was written today the 8th deadly sin would be spam like this. Sadly in this apathetic world no one will take any notice of anything. Humans are reduced to social nomads on the internet who drift from identity to identity. Your best friend could be the person you despise the most. Nothing is certain here... everything is an illusion which the children of the internet cling to like a childhood dream... hoping that they are noticed, recognized and respected for whom they are, while the real world passes them by like the dark city seen from a train. Who are we kidding... without consequence there can be no respect. The hottest topic of today will be cold and dead tomorrow... we live for the debate itself - the true purpose of debate in a democratic sense has been forgotten. The self discipline of the human race is too weak for the freedom of the internet.

Archived