Home

Early Dig Art

ATMachine

Hey, guys.

I just wanted to ask perhaps if you could give me a basic timeframe as to when (and if) the Early Version pages will appear again.

I am curious, since this was once my favorite section of the site.

Zaarin, I am hoping that you can somehow restore it to its former glory.

But, should you have lost the images, perhaps I can offer my services.

I have saved on my computer six of the screenshots taken from the early Dig version that once were in that section. If you really need them, perhaps I could send them, though they are slightly altered from the originals in terms of their palette.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Well, I've got all of the pictures from the guide that were seen on the Early Dig page scanned; all that remains to do is size and quality reduction.

By the way, what size and format (.gif, .jpg, etc) would you prefer them in?

Also, I'd like your advice on if there is anything else you'd like scanned.

In the guide, you have:

-some pencil sketches of the five principal human characters,

-pen-and-ink drawings of every Cocytan creature,

-pictures of the game developers, and

-concept drawings of locations that, disappointingly, look very much similar to the final product

So if you desperately want to get any of those up on the site, I'm game.

However, there are several reasons not to do that...

1. I only have so many hours a day, and it would take a long time to get everything ready to go on the website.

2. Everything in the guide really has to do with concept art - nothing really shocking (other than a few production paintings) is included.

3. You'd need a lot of webspace to host all of the images from the guide for the site. (And there's the risk of losing it all if Mojo goes down again.)

4. Who knows, maybe LEC Legal or the guide publishers might get mad at use for showcasing copyrighted material. You never know with them.

Hopefully you'll have what you want soon if nothing goes wrong.

Check your Hotmail account for a message from "ervind@comcast.net" about "Early Dig Pictures." It should be there.

Of course, if you have too much junk in there already, it may just have bounced out. Hopefully not though.

Personally, I think the scans could have been much better, so I may send you replacements eventually.

Now all we have to do is contact that one guy and get him to provide the Tilt scan...or anyone else who has a copy of it.

Archived