Home

ProMod Beta 2 -- Released!

ArtifeX

***UPDATE***

fileplanet.com now has Beta 2 available for download:

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?/3dactionplanet/jediknight/promod_beta_2.zip

fileshack.com now has ProMod beta 2 available for download:

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=837

***UPDATE***

ProMod Beta 2 is finished, and has been sent to both jkii.net and fileshack.com. The files should be available any time now. There's a HUGE list of changes, that you can check out at the official site, which I am now updating.

Check it out:

http://www.oculis.org/promod/

If you can't wait for the sluggish jkii.net files section to update, try logging into the official game server (ip in my sig below), which has autodownload enabled. There's quite a few people in there right now, actually.

So what's changed? Tons. Here's an abbreviated, generalized list:

- New Offensive/Defensive Bonus system and Bonus Meters in the HUD.

- All movement now has an effect on your Combat Bonuses--watch your Meters as you move around.

- Force Sight now has difficulty seeing higher levels of Mind Trick.

- Force Sight's ability to dodge sniper fire is now dependent upon the Combat Strength Crosshair (CSC).

- Saber Defense's ability to block sniper fire is now dependent on the CSC.

- New console variables allow you to customize the ProMod HUD elements, including the color of the CSC.

- All saber damages (including saber throw) have been increased by 50% versus anyone wielding a gun.

- All private FFA duels end with the winner receiving 100 health and 25 shields.

- All reported bugs from Beta 1 have been fixed.

- Many more...

There you have it. Enjoy, and as always, contact me with any comments or suggestions: arsartifex@msn.com

I'll be updating this post with links as soon as i have them.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why am i not downloading it...because i'm in pain and can only type with one hand.....i don't want blood on my keyboard

here's what i said to my friend on msn because i'm too lazy to type it up again...

"Ow says:

andrew + i were returning a movie for mom + dad

Ow says:

down the hill where it's impossible to go slow

Ow says:

andrew slows down

Ow says:

i slow down because otherwise i'll hit andrew

Ow says:

i'm still going faster than andrew so i have to resort to the front break too.....owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Ow says:

brake*"

owwwwww

I think your mod is great and am looking forward to future releases. I like the new defense/attack meters on the sides they add more dept to saber fighting.

Maybe some food for though on future releases: Increase damage against a saber thrower. If his saber is out of his hand and a person strikes them it should take significant damage or kill with one shot. I don’t know if you implemented this in the newest version.

Here’s something more for looks of the game (a pet peeve of mine) when the character is running he always has his saber over to his side whether it is forward/back or side to side. It just looks to me as if he can’t block anything holding a saber like this. Is there any way that the model can hold the stance of the swing while running, I think this would add a nice look/feel to the game (Just a thought).

Overall if you didn’t release any more I would be totally happy. Random saber swing just doesn’t work against a skilled/timed person with this mod, thank goodness for you. Bringing back the essence of JediKnight.

JediKnight

Good thought on the saber throwers taking more damage. Expect that to be in Beta 3.

I'm updating the site to explain the new bonus meters in-depth. Check back sometime later today for a detailed discussion of some all the major features of promod.

Great work ......tested it yesterday on your server and it s different from promod 1 .......i will not say it s good or bad since it s not necessarily a bad thing to adapt

Only thing i found maybe too much is Red stance footspeed being faster since u can chain it and it was good in promod 1 for people who knew actually HOW to use it ...but need to test it further

By the way your server was unavailable yesterday while we were playing with some ppl and it s still down ......hope it will back soon :)

Yeah, the official game server's down right now because ILAN dropped the ball, apparently. I can't get any of the admin stuff to work right now, and nobody from ILAN has returned any of my emails. It'll hopefully come back online soon. I'll post when it does.

Originally posted by Orangina_Rouge

Great work ......tested it yesterday on your server and it s different from promod 1 .......i will not say it s good or bad since it s not necessarily a bad thing to adapt

Only thing i found maybe too much is Red stance footspeed being faster since u can chain it and it was good in promod 1 for people who knew actually HOW to use it ...but need to test it further

By the way your server was unavailable yesterday while we were playing with some ppl and it s still down ......hope it will back soon :)

I reallly like way that the attack bonus goes up as you fall on someone. However, it seems almost impossible to connect before you hit the ground. Maybe you should consider having the falling bonus stick around for a quarter of a second after you land. Or maybe I should quit whining and learn to time it better :)

also, is damage tied to the attack meter or just chance to penetrate defenses? I assume its not, but i could swear I had some one hit kills last night walking foreward in red stance.

All in all, love the mod. Thanks a ton artifex.

While I do like the new attack/defensive bonuses, why do I feel I am in a Department of Defense designed fighter jet all of a sudden? Soon we will have a HUD for everything. ;P

I especially love the gunner balance. Sure, I just light up Dark Rage and fire away with the E11 or repeater while picking off everyone, but when I take a slash, that HURTS. Also, I noticed that the chances of pulling guns have increased according to distance.

If we get the chance, I would like to test the new sniper/FS relationship on the server Arti.

Er just came back from a session on your server (did horrible by the way, medium is no longer uber-leet :( ) and someone named Bizarre turned it into a 30 frag duel... Everyone got pissed and left.

Also is it just me or does a bunny hopper have the advantage in terms of bonus? It seems to pierce defenses alot more... I killed someone by hopping up, taking a lunge in the gut and swinging at their head with medium stance, and it killed them instantly. I was left still with alot of hp...

We need a documentation on the new bonus meters :mad:

Originally posted by Psionic Jedi

Er just came back from a session on your server (did horrible by the way, medium is no longer uber-leet :( ) and someone named Bizarre turned it into a 30 frag duel... Everyone got pissed and left.

I confirm this .....also there is still problems with server

And tell your buddies of ASC to calm down, i dunno what s the relationship between Bizzarre and Rad but it s not by being @$$ to ppl that the mod will get success ......It s a good mod and need more servers, not ppl ruining the fun out of it

Simple, there is no relationship between Bizarro and I. However, I don't appreciate you calling people n00bs, then also using certain moves over and over again (take the hint: lightning spamming as well as overusing pull/Saber Throw puts you on my ****list automatically).

The reason why the server was changed to a 30 frag duel was because people callvoted the gametype to ffa, which upon sucessful vote makes the fraglimit 20. Someone must have callvoted fraglimit 30. However, it seems they did not callvote map_restart. That was the main problem.

Also, it is still noted that there is no map cycle. I thought that was fixed.

I don't appreciate you calling people n00bs

Then next time waste Bizzarre head plez or better TAKE IT easy ......using force is not a crime man especially when all others ppl are using it

I don t care for myself since i m grown up enough to not be bothered by such attitude but what bizzarre did is just what this mod don t need .........lamers pissing everyone ( and u can ask everyone there he was a master at it ) when they are in fact sore losers ( thus the name noob .....wich he loved to call other with when u were not online )

there is not much servers( and no others with beta 2 for now ), so if this server ( and worst : mod ) get a bad rep we all lose and Artifex will lose even more since he invested time into this

U answering to bizzarre calls was just approving his acts ( and i asked to other ppl after u left ...they just thinked the same way ) wich hurts this growing community

So next time plez calm down ....

to end this up : u don t know me, i ve never been on OEF or some server u ve been so no need to get mad at me ......my name is just a popular drink with some funny ads where i live : it would be not surprising if someone else would use it

Originally posted by mikus_aurelius

I reallly like way that the attack bonus goes up as you fall on someone. However, it seems almost impossible to connect before you hit the ground. Maybe you should consider having the falling bonus stick around for a quarter of a second after you land. Or maybe I should quit whining and learn to time it better :)

also, is damage tied to the attack meter or just chance to penetrate defenses? I assume its not, but i could swear I had some one hit kills last night walking foreward in red stance.

All in all, love the mod. Thanks a ton artifex.

I wouldn't want to turn saber fighting into a hopping match by emphasizing the jump offensive bonus too much. Sorry. You might try doing the DFA off of a cliff into a group of people though. hehehehe.

One hit kills are possible with red stance, but only with the downwards chop swing. It's just intrinsic to the way the animations work that that swing can hit twice if you keep the saber inside their body long enough. Still, that's pretty difficult to do.

The damage done varies only by where in your swing you connect, the bonuses only affect you ability to hit them. Connecting in the exact middle of the swing will do the most damage.

Glad you like the mod. Spread the word.

Originally posted by Psionic Jedi

Also is it just me or does a bunny hopper have the advantage in terms of bonus? It seems to pierce defenses alot more... I killed someone by hopping up, taking a lunge in the gut and swinging at their head with medium stance, and it killed them instantly. I was left still with alot of hp...

We need a documentation on the new bonus meters :mad:

Don't worry, the advantage gained from a normal jump is very slight. Each one of the "ticks" you see in the meter is one point of bonus, which ends up being about 2 or 3 degrees of aiming arc. What was happening is that you were suprising your opponent with a jump, and he was still aiming below you when you hit him. That gave you enough of a combat advantage to break his defenses.

Remember, damage is unaffected by the bonus meters. I'll be putting up a complete guide to the CSC and the Bonus meters today. And fixing what seems to be a page formatting error in IE5.5 and IE6.0

If anyone's being an ass on my server, they're going to get booted if I, or one of my admins sees it. Might get banned if they keep it up too.

Originally posted by Orangina_Rouge

I confirm this .....also there is still problems with server

And tell your buddies of ASC to calm down, i dunno what s the relationship between Bizzarre and Rad but it s not by being @$$ to ppl that the mod will get success ......It s a good mod and need more servers, not ppl ruining the fun out of it

Originally posted by mikus_aurelius

speaking of throw/pull:

is there a way to take this out? While it is counterable, it doesn't really make any sense. It certainly gets the award for cheapest move in JK right now.

If someone's constantly Saber Throw/Pulling you, then just duck. You're completely immune to Pull while ducked--you won't even do the counter-pull animation.

Archived