Riven

GN3 Blood of the sacred

I have now finally got EMI

Boris

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad's mate from work made him a copy of "Fate of Atlantis" onto some floppies, and he showed them to me. FoA was really a great game, wasn't it?

Then again, it could have been SoMI or MI2...I can't really remember, but I think it was Fate of Atlantis. Sam & Max was tthe very first CD-ROM game we got.

• 5 years later...

Wow, who resurrected this excellent thread? 2002! What a great year for, um, something or other. Wait, wasn't that the year that Sa... (shuts mouth quickly in case he's right)

My first was no foolin' Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge. I was 9, it was on the Amiga, and I cheated all the way through. I borrowed it from a mate who had one part of a walkthrough and I had the second part.

The first adventure I'd play properly was Day of the Tentacle in 1997, which started me on the slippery slope of LucasArts Adventures.

My first non-LucasArts adventure was Discworld. I got stuck on the first screen. It would take me years to finish it. Discworld Noir on the other hand was the first I actually liked.

My first was no foolin' Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge. I was 9, it was on the Amiga, and I cheated all the way through
Same as me! Only it was a friend's Amiga and we never completed it. Still fun though. Well, as much fun as it can be without being able to understand all the dialogue.

My first was Full Throttle on an old Mac-- I must have been 10 years old when first playing it through with my brother. We had a friend who had beaten it give us hints once in a while--

I can't believe that CMI and Grim came out so soon afterwards; in 97 and 98. Those first three LEC games I played will always be my favorites.

Mine was surprisingly Indy3 (VGA). I don't ever remember getting past Castle Brunwald until years later :p

Lol, I had MM since I´m 8, but kompleted it, when I was 14 or 15 years old with a walkthrough. :lol:

Wow, who resurrected this excellent thread? 2002!

It was me. ;)

And I was 8 years old, when I played my first games.

That was not my only first pc game. Btw I had Goblins 3 and Andromedas Erbe 2 (very unknow) and Runaway (very unknow, only a demo :( ) too. And other games. (arcade, action...)

And my first non LA-adventures I have buy by myself was Jan Tenner. Anbd later Nibiru, The Longest Journey and Black Mirror. And so on.

When I was 6 or 7, I got an ATARI 800XE, and I remember playing several games, and also a couple of adventures, mostly text based stuff, and in English, so those didn't really catch me back then, also because International Karate, Spy vs. Spy or Supercobra were so much cooler. ^^

That's why my first adventure game that counts was Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade on my Amiga when I was 14.

At one elementary school they had Cosmic Osmo. The next had the early Mac CD with both Fate of Atlantis (Talkie) and Secret of Monkey Island. I'd love to say that I played MI more at the time, but we were competing to beat FoA (and trading saves back and forth on floppies), which of course we never could in the time we had in computer lab. FoA had Indiana Jones and voice acting, it was the obvious choice for elementary schoolers... MI is obviously my preference of the two today, though.

My first real Sierra adventure was The Castle of Dr. Brain (yes, I declare that it was an adventure game, it was an AGI game after all). At one point I was so proud having beaten both The Castle and The Island of Dr. Brain. Early in my computing history my parents were buying a lot of Sierra, Broderbund, et al edutainment titles (they were running a couple of computer learning centers for kids, well ahead of their time) and it wasn't until just about High School that I really started getting into the larger world of adventure games outside of Humongous, but I was just in time to buy many of the late greats before the decline...

Archived