Home

New Batch Of Phony

CagedCrado

alot of the bible is just ..... rubbish (adam and eve ... the creation etc.)

but i have a few scientist christian friends who believe in science and the big bang etc. ... but point out that sumthing had to cause the big bang

i feel there is little room for god in our lives now with what we know ... others disagree ... i cant prove theres no god ... they cant prove there is .... so theres no point arguing

alot of christianity is "be nice to people" now .... so .. yeah i agree with that idea

Yeah, I agree with ya clem.... but....

You could have the theory that all religions are militaristic and that they only have one purpose:

To dull your mind and make you succumb to the one leader who has gotten his power from god.

I don't believe in this meself, but one of my friends do...

Originally posted by CagedCrado

woo hoo the good side wins.

Who are you to say what side is good?

I believe that the Bible is the truth to the max, with no exhaggerations. Keep in mind, many of the events that happened in the Bible where writtin down as they occured....

Does that friend hapen to be me? Slight history on relgion: About 8000 years ago, the people in the mid east were starting to form countries, rulers have no way to control their citizens or to say a GOOD reason why the dictators of the society get to rule, solution of the babylonians is to make up gods that you have to pay tribute to, and guess what wed call tribute to gods today, wed call it taxes. Also all religion, 'modern' (' ' on modern because no religion is new, so that means religion is dying) and ancient is based off of babylonian principles, such as the great flood. This story may date to be as old as 15,000 years old since it is also seen in north america.

Its the good side because it is the side i want to win, the other side is the good side for you. Like osama says his side is the good side and bush says his is the good side

The jewish bible was compile over 1000 years after the events allegedly occured, and was recorded by helenistic (greek) jews. Also the christian bible wasnt really written down beyond a few copies for 1500 years, think of the distortion multiple people writing down stories for 1500 years and then one guy getting to choose the one he likes. The bible, even if it was written down as it occurs, definetly became distorted over 1500 years

Also so i dont look stupid the guys name is gutenburg

It is kinda pointless talking about this because we can never understand it.We think we are smart enough to know how the universe was created,and how humans were eventualy evolved from the primordial soup. But, what about if we're wrong? And what about if our minds cannot grasp it at the point of our evolution? I mean,look at apes-they cannot know calculus because they miss dont have a part of the brain which can calculate like we do? And I dont mean 1+5=5,I mean 7x12=84. And what if we dont have a certain "universe" part of our brain that can acually find proof that there are gods or how the universe was created.

Originally posted by Tyrion

It is kinda pointless talking about this because we can never understand it.We think we are smart enough to know how the universe was created,and how humans were eventualy evolved from the primordial soup. But, what about if we're wrong? And what about if our minds cannot grasp it at the point of our evolution? I mean,look at apes-they cannot know calculus because they miss dont have a part of the brain which can calculate like we do? And I dont mean 1+5=5,I mean 7x12=84. And what if we dont have a certain "universe" part of our brain that can acually find proof that there are gods or how the universe was created.

Good point, Tyrion. :)

Well, some people have a problem with this thread, so it's getting closed. I'll say this though.

I believe in science, but I am a Catholic as well. Big bang, true, but what started the big bang? All this stuff(the universe) came from somewhere.

Fact is, there is no proof. That's why it's faith.

Also, wars aren't caused by religion. 99.95% of all wars are based on Greed and/or revenge. Religion is just a scapegoat.

Archived