Home

WIP: Old Ben Kenobi

KevinCoyle

Originally posted by LBuRNa

looks great. da face and da clothes has much improved. you should make da sleeves of da rob a bit bigger though. is there any in game screen shots coming soon. can't wait.

What the hell is a rob? If you mean ROBE, it's spelled R-O-B-E. I can understand people that don't know how to speak, but can't comprehend the people that don't take the time to type properly. There's absolutely no reason to type the way you (might) talk - that is, unless you want to look unintelligent.

-Anakin

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy SHlT jedi_anakin_s for real get off my DICK. thats like the 5th time you tryin to diss me. damn my bad if i left out an E in robe. but why do you care so much. and why do you always say something stupid after my posts. you always talk down to me. this is not the first time you did this. i think your really got something against me. get this in your head this is not an essay why are you taking my spelling or grammar so seriously. thats just pointless. everyone knows what i'm tyin to say you just wanna be a dick about it though. damn you need to get a life. i mean you registered in september right and you already have 100 or so posts. i guess you have a lot of time in your hands or maybe most of your posts are stupid just like what you just wrote. for real you taking this whole star wars thing a bit too serious. i bet in your own little world you think you are the real anakin and you make your friends call you annie. anyways i suggest some counseling or maybe some prozac might help if not i really don't know what else to say.

I won't even bother dignifying that with a response. Instead of wasting your energy flaming me, why don't you put your energy into something else? Like leaving constructive posts rather than just the inane bable you spew all over the place.

Anyway, Kevin, any updates on the model?

-Anakin

Right now I'm in the process of working out the flaws in the skin and model, making sure everything looks right. I had re-map the side of his head, there was too much distortion that I didn't really notice before. When I finished I'm going to render a front and back of the robed version, and a front and back of the unrobed version, and then a closeup of his face, that way, everyone will see the whole model and we can get it perfect for the game

1. Can't wait to see the different perspectives of the model (front, back, sides), Kevin. There's probably a lot of detail that's going un-noticed without them. You're doing an excellent job, and I can't wait until this is released.

2. Anakin, you're whole "What the hell is a rob? If you mean ROBE, it's spelled R-O-B-E." post was just completely moronic. So he misspelled robe. Whoop-dee-freaking-doo. Get a life.

3. LBuRNa, you should definitely try and work on using proper grammar. Although "da face and da clothes has much improved" IS understandable, it's really annoying.

Originally posted by Eklin

2. Anakin, you're whole "What the hell is a rob? If you mean ROBE, it's spelled R-O-B-E." post was just completely moronic. So he misspelled robe. Whoop-dee-freaking-doo. Get a life.

There's no need for you to insult me, Eklin. I went off like that because i'd seen LBurna in several threads that day, and his particular style of typing grates on my nerves. There's only so much I can take. We all have our breaking points, and our pet peeves, so please - cut me some slack here.

But, lets get away from the bickering here; I won't be saying anything else on the subject, so let's consider it case closed and get back to the point of this thread - the model.

-Anakin

jedi_anakin_s i just want to ask you something. what's an " inane bable " thats a new word that i haven't heard before. common you do the same thing too. no ones perfect. everybody type typos here and there. if i made you mad i'm sorry but you really push me to the end. you were making fun of how i talk, calling me names, you don't even know me. whats wrong with the word "da" seriously. you act like an english teacher. you take the way i talk much seriously than the topic. stick to the thread instead of picking on people you don't even know. i hate how you talk down to me. theres no need for that. if the way i talk really gets to everybody then i'll stop but if you keep replying with stupid remarks i having nothing to do but retaliate.

everybody i'm sorry if the tread got a bit sidetrack. i just had to say what i have to say. please continue.

Originally posted by JEDI_Anakin_S

There's no need for you to insult me, Eklin. I went off like that because i'd seen LBurna in several threads that day, and his particular style of typing grates on my nerves. There's only so much I can take. We all have our breaking points, and our pet peeves, so please - cut me some slack here.

But, lets get away from the bickering here; I won't be saying anything else on the subject, so let's consider it case closed and get back to the point of this thread - the model.

-Anakin

Yes, I can understand and relate with the whole pet-peeve thing, and I appologize for reacting as harshly as I did. I guess my own breaking point had been reached at that time.

So, let's try to keep this thread clean of this kind of filth in the future, and stick to the main topic at hand: this kick ass Ben Kenobi model.

No Keo, I did mean babel, not babble. It's pointless now though. So what's new on the model, Kev-O?

-Anakin

Edit : In other news, I was re-watching A New Hope the other night and saw something interesting. I don't know if this will affect plans for the non-robed version (if there even will be one) but I noticed that Obi-Wans tabards are actually one LONG piece of fabric, unlike the other jedi. It just goes behind his neck and down the other side of his body. I think the only place you can see this is when they're escaping Mos Eisley/Tattoine on the Millenium Falcon and Luke and Ben run to strap themselves in before the jump into hyperspace. Ben turns his back to the camera for a split second but if you pause it (or just have quick eyes) you can see what I mean.

The tabards are actually not tabard(s), it's a tabard - for Old Ben, it's just *one* piece of fabric! They're separated in the front like normal, but instead of each slinging over his shoulder and going straight down his back, it's just *one* long piece of fabric that goes behind his neck and back down the other side of the front of his body. Hard to describe in words... just watch the movie, you'll see what I'm talking about.

-Anakin

I think you're missing what I'm saying. There is NO backpiece, and it's not split. Imagine the tabard like a LONG scarf, and he's draped it over his neck so that it runs down his front on his left and right side. If you still don't understand, watch the movie... there's no reference pics that show this.

-Anakin

Another clip that actually shows where it wraps around the neck is when obi-wan sits behind luke and chewie in the ****pit of the Millenium falcon shortly before Han says "Watch your mouth kid, or your gonna find yourself floating home!" When they're trying to get away from the star destroyers after leaving tatooine

Anybody have any ideas for pain sounds? I've got a list written up for everything that I want for death and taunt, but I don't have pain sounds. I'd like to avoid phrases or sentences, it get's rather annoying when your fighting a someone and they keep repeating the same thing over and over again. Two examples are Vader and Tyranus, You'll be fighting Vader and he goes "it is useless to resist, it is useless to resist over and over again, Tyranus (or dooku) always says "brave of you boy, brave of you boy" over and over again. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find that very annoying, any ideas?

Archived