Home

Signs

elTee

I just got back from an advance preview screening of Mel Gibsons new movie, Signs. It was written, directed and produced by M. Night Shyamalan, of The 6th Sense and Unbreakable fame. Now, I haven't seen Unbreakable, but Signs beats the pants off The 6th Sense. I don't mind telling you, I was pretty scared throughout a lot of this movie! I just wanted to recommend it to you all, because it's really good. Not to give too much away, but it's like a really intelligent version of Independance Day, but more character driven. Really really good movie, released here in the UK on the 13th of September. Probably already out elsewhere, but if you haven't seen it - go!

Plus, it's really revived the tourist industry in some dodgy English county, thanks to hourdes of American tourists flocking in to see the crop circles. For some reason!

(Apparently this movie involves crop circles, or something, confusion-heads)

Originally posted by LucasTones

I just got back from an advance preview screening of Mel Gibsons new movie, Signs. It was written, directed and produced by M. Night Shyamalan, of The 6th Sense and Unbreakable fame. Now, I haven't seen Unbreakable, but Signs beats the pants off The 6th Sense. I don't mind telling you, I was pretty scared throughout a lot of this movie! I just wanted to recommend it to you all, because it's really good. Not to give too much away, but it's like a really intelligent version of Independance Day, but more character driven. Really really good movie, released here in the UK on the 13th of September. Probably already out elsewhere, but if you haven't seen it - go!

The film is complete rubbish. It is suspensful but that's all there is to it.

The aliens can be killed by water and so they come to a planet 2/3rds filled with water and don't wear protective suits or any clothes at all?

At night they had their lights on in their spacecrafts and then in the day time they cloak?!?

Mel Gibson dosen't even bother buying a gun?

=mek=

I guess it's one of those movies that everyone either hates or loves. And the people who hate it think everyone should hate it too, and the people who love it think everyone should love it too, so they get all pissed off at each other and start throwing hand grenades, and before you know it it's WORLD FRIGGIN WAR III.

I just came back from the movies after seeing Signs. It was pretty good actually, had its fair share of popcorn-spilling spooky moments. The film was surprisingly unassuming, not many running-around-the-house-screaming-in-skimpy-clothing scenes. That style actually added to the scare factor.

(Overall, I still prefer The Sixth Sense of Shyamalan's works.)

Lol, I was pretty pleased to see it a week early. I might go again on the 13th now. I think its great, because its pretty much like what would happen if aliens arrived on earth in real life. That bit in shyamalans characters house is creepy as hell. And the bit where gibbo see's the leg in the cornfield. Its really funny too, a few laugh out loud moments. I think its a great movie, maybe the best since fellowship of the ring, and if I knew how to do the 'spoiler' thing I'd elaborate.

Archived