Home

Star Wars vs. Lord of the Rings

Clemme w/Stick

Which do you like better? LOTR or SW: ROTJ?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better? LOTR or SW: ROTJ?

• Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring
    • Star Wars episode VI, Return of the Jedi

Well, Return of the Jedi versus The Fellowship of the Ring? Return of the Jedi.

However, Return of the Jedi versus Return of the King... now that's a different answer. Same for The Two Towers. The Fellowship of the Ring was good, but it's the most boring and slow paced of the books. The other two movies are going to be absolutely amazing.

Ok.

I voted LoTr. only because its a better film than RotJ, however the starwars universe/ trilogies are liek a million times better overall, RoTj was not really that special, the ewoks spoilt it. LOTR is apart from being a good story a damn good film. If I had to choose SW vs LoTR then Star wars would win every single time, but the two options in the poll are not good choices. ep4 vs fotr would make more sense, and gues what ep 4 would win in my book.

PS lexx, that gyal from farscape is well fit although she could do with some colour in her face LOL

Since it is ROTJ then I have to vote for FOTR, if it had been ep1 or ep2 then I would vote for Yoda, since I would not be sure wich is better.

However if any of the sw movies had competed The Two Towers or Return Of The King, then it would have to be LOTR

Well I saw this thread and thought it was ridiculously stupid, but here I am posting in it so what does that say about me? Anyways Star Wars and LOTR are so different that you can't compare them. I mean one takes place in a galaxy far far away and contains futuristic weapons, environments, and a sci-fi story. The other is set in an alternate, yet very similar place to medieval europe, and contains medieval weapons, and a fantasy setting and story. One has a supernatural evil demi-god, one has the emperor. One has a tall, athletic hero, and one has an incredibly short, and unusual hero. Anyways I could literally write a paper on the differences between the two, but basically my point is that they are both incredible works. The Star Wars series being an amazing set of movies (the first 3), while LOTR is an amazing set if books that looks like will be turned into 3 incredible movies. Bottom line, they are both great and neither one deserves to win or lose a popularity poll when they are both so different.

Bah, I know this is a Star Wars board, bu LotR in a whole kicks SW all over the place. THe first movie made all of the first trilogy look horrible and I am not talking about the acting and Special Effects either, it was the story. LotR and SW are stories about good vs. evil, but LotR stands out so much more in its story telling and theme. I do not understand why this comparing RotJ and FotR. FotR and ANH would be a better comparsion since that is where both stories begin. I guess The Hobbit would equal the prequel trilogy.

SW has its place, but it will never replace LotR for me.

Although, Star Wars games are always better than others, so that is why I'm in this forum.

im not voting cause they arent even in the same category. However the LOTR series will be a whole lot better than the new star wars series just because they seem more believeable. IMO the new star wars is aimed towards younger people, where as LOTR is directed more towards older people. Also LOTR seems more "serious" than the new star wars.

I am loyal to Star Wars! Long live the Jedi!

Kill the dwarves, elves, hobbit's, and anything that I might of forgotten! lol

I love Star Wars basically cause I am a Sci-fi nut. I really don't like story's that are primative and that aren't very futaristic. Sci-fi is my favorite kind of movie. I am into Star Wars, Stargate Sg-1, The Matrix and stuff like that. I would take a Lightsaber over a ring, sword, ax, and bow and arrow anyday. I did like LOTR but I will never come close to Star Wars! A Lightsaber and the Force as my ally and I could take on anything:D :p

:duel::lsduel:

Well firstly I love both Star Wars and LotR...and I wouldn't have voted if that had been the poll question. But since you picked a specific movie versus another, I like LotR better than RotJ. If you were comparing the universes I'd say I love them both. The Star Wars movies are my favorite movies as a whole...I think they work better that way. Except maybe ESB, I wouldn't pit any single SW movie against LotR: FotR.

Ah man,

last night I watched ep4 for the first time in a year and it was brilliant it made me laugh like a loon!!! I swear i am enjoying that film more and more every time I see it. It IS perfect no doubt in my mind.

Despite the fact that I've seen it countless times I still managed to make it all the way through the film barely pausing to blink, LoTr despite being an excellent film, took me two sittings to watch, there are few that I can watch from start to finish without a break or losing interest entirely.

Well nuff said I'm gonna stick Empire Strikes Back in the VCR.

I'm sorry, but despite the fact that LOTR was an amazing film, nothing (and I mean nothing:Dlol) will beat Star Wars in a Star Wars forum...am I right?...

*waits for answer*

*sees all LOTR fans in crowd*

...umm, um...

*runs*

:D

I have to go with SW ROTJ, just because it is a near-perfect movie, and a near-perfect end to a fantastic trilogy:)...

Archived