Home

concerning the fetts....

XERXES

Last night while watching the DVD rip of Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones, it occured to be how lame both Boba Fett and Jango Fett are. Basically the character's only redeeming quality is he's got a nifty looking suit. Other than that he's easily killed. Drop Boba into a pit, poof all set. A big battle breaks out? Well in less than two minutes Jango gets dragged around by some big animal and then gets his head cut off by Sam Jackson. Wow. What a badass that Jango is. So basically the Fetts are all style no substance. Sure Darth Vader started off as an annoying and whiny with two bad actors playing him, but eventually he got to be James Earl Jones and kill tons of people. The Fetts meantime come across as bumbling dolts, and the fact that the Stormtroopers are clones of them doesn't exactly help their case. (Stormtroopers, another case of cool uniforms, no real fighting ability.)

I'm sure this will irritate a Star Wars nerd or two, but c'mon...the facts don't lie. (I don't count comics, books, and online fanfiction either.) I've been a big Star Wars nerd for as long as I can remember, but my days of "Boba Fett is cool," are over. Viva Sam Jackson!

IBhaters

Yeah, I've always wondered why everyone likes them if they died with a little sputter rather than a bang.

I mean, did you look at Palpatine? BOOM, screws up the Death Star's reactor.

Vader? Killed by his master's own electricity.

Obi Wan? Strikes a cool pose and commits suicide to allow Luke and co. to escape.

Basically Boba died because of a freak accident involving a blind Han and a stolen vibroaxe that punctures his jetpack.

It must be in the freakin' genes man...

:fett:

yeah, well boba had the balls to look vader in the eye and tell him that he CAN'T kill han... id say thats somethin to give him credit for... they also had a cool spaceship, and the clonetroopers rocked... think about it, they had the rapid aging thing, so how would they be alive and fit in vaders reigh... i would guess that the stormtroopers might be clones of the clones... and poor ones at that...

I like the Fett's alot cause they are very cool. After the Jedi they are the best. Clonetroopers were good and actually could hit something. Stormtroopers on the other hand can't shoot for *hit. Give a Jawa or an Ewok a E-11, and somewhite armor and they would probally do a better job. Just my thoughts!:D

:duel::lsduel:

it just seems to me that jango is overconfident and ****y. And boba as a kid is the same way. However it seems that Jango was always gettin thrown around. And then Boba, he has like 5 lines, and only say like 15 min of showtime. " Boba died because of a freak accident involving a blind Han and a stolen vibroaxe that punctures his jetpack." He didnt necessarily die, but still. If he is this said greatest bounty hunter etc etc, maybe this couldnt have happened. Still, although their helmets do look bad-ass, as characters and their role in the movies isnt the coolest.

edit: ROFL!!! it censored c o c k y :lol:

I just dont like the fact that GL made the Fetts look like such an important character and then they just have a stupid death. Well Jango's was AWESOME i think. But that made Boba look like a REALLY COOL CHARACTER FOR FUTURE installments. But then he just gets swallowed, GAY!!!

You people need to be schooled!

for your information Boba Fett does not die in the pit of Carcoon he uses a concucion granade and kills the sarlac and crawls out, to be rescued by Dengar.

There are many books about Bba Fett the novel with the previous information is called Tales of the Bounty Hunters.

Boba Fett is the best bounty hunter that exists his name is feared by every other bounty hunter.

Seach for him on starwars.com and youll get a pretty good profile.

no I hope there wont be any more confusion.

as for jango his death is unfortunate and I'm disapointed. But if you think diying by mace makes him a wimp your also wrong,in [Jango Fett open season] this is a comic book mini series it tells how Jango becomes the leader of the mandalorians and kills many jedi MANY MANY!!!!! and escapes from slavery.

Boba Fett also kills Three IG88's

and lives to die of old age.

I hope your appinion has changed.

Originally posted by XERXES

I'm sure this will irritate a Star Wars nerd or two, but c'mon...the facts don't lie. (I don't count comics, books, and online fanfiction either.) I've been a big Star Wars nerd for as long as I can remember, but my days of "Boba Fett is cool," are over. Viva Sam Jackson!

Uh, he said that EU stuff doesn't count, right in his first post, for the only "true" story of Star Wars lies in the movies. The novels, comics, and hell even Star Wars.com are not Canon, and are therefore, over-ruled by the movies. Don't get me wrong though, I like some of the EU, but if it directly goes against the movies, well, guess which one I side with. To me, Boba Fett died when he got knocked into the Sarlacc by an almost blind guy. As you can guess, I've never been a fan of the Fett's either, Boba just seemed " all talk and no action" to me. I never thought he was cool, or, dare I say it, "l33t" at all. He was just some guy in some really screwed up looking armour.

When I saw that Jango, Boba's "Dad" had a major role in Episode II, I knew he was gonna get killed some way or another. I thought Mace opening up a can on him was great.:D I just wished Obi-Wan had done it. But no, they had to make Jango run away before Obi-Wan could kill him, making Obi-Wan look kinda wimpy because he supposedly "lost" to Jango. The Fetts? Nah, they don't impress me. Come back when you get a black cloak and some Force abilities, or at least a better tailor.

And yes, this post is filled with spoilers, but if you haven't seen the Episode II yet, jeez, what rock were you living under? :D

the comic books may streach the story but they are mostly true and if you dont think the novels are true then... go... to................... W . W . W . S T A R W A R S . C O M............ and see for your self!!!!!!!!!

geeezee your ingnorence ofends me!!!!!!!!!!!

mabee you should also thry the boba fett fan club ok!

Oh by the way I had to make a new user because for some reason I cant get on with my own user?????

First of all think of how long the movie is (Episode 2) its what like +2 hours. And on top of that you can tell it has been but down to that size with a lightsaber. The Jango/Windu would probably be at least a little longer in the uncut version if there is one.

Mandolorian54 was onto something with the Expanded Universe and Boba Fett surviving, I think they wrote like 3 books with him as the main character. All of the Star Wars books have been edited with a Blow toarch er sword or lightsaber you can tell. SAme thing goes with Lord of the Rings, they cut out like 4 hours from the movie.

I think I've heard rumors that GL never really favored Boba Fett, so when he learned that the Expanded Universe revived him, he made sure that Jango met head on with a saber. (So nothing corny like Boba finding out that his father is still alive and they duel against each other."Boba.... I am your father..." ) :lol:

But that's just my sentiments. :)

Originally posted by Mandolorian54

You people need to be schooled!

for your information Boba Fett does not die in the pit of Carcoon he uses a concucion granade and kills the sarlac and crawls out, to be rescued by Dengar.

There are many books about Bba Fett the novel with the previous information is called Tales of the Bounty Hunters.

Boba Fett is the best bounty hunter that exists his name is feared by every other bounty hunter.

Seach for him on starwars.com and youll get a pretty good profile.

no I hope there wont be any more confusion.

as for jango his death is unfortunate and I'm disapointed. But if you think diying by mace makes him a wimp your also wrong,in [Jango Fett open season] this is a comic book mini series it tells how Jango becomes the leader of the mandalorians and kills many jedi MANY MANY!!!!! and escapes from slavery.

Boba Fett also kills Three IG88's

and lives to die of old age.

I hope your appinion has changed.

read my first post dude, i said something along the lines of IN THE MOVIES NOT COUNTING THE BOOKS CAUSE ANYBODY CAN MAKE UP HOWEVER "COOL" THEY WANT THEIR CHARACTERS TO BE. And he wasnt in the Thrawn trilogy so there :o And besides, Lucas had Boba "die" cause he suposuvely didnt like him. And some novel junkie or something or other comes up with some measly excuse that Dengar or one of those people somehow pulled Boba out. Now how he came across him, is entirely unknown to me. But when i read this i just laughed out loud cause its pathetic.

You know, you should really label your spoilers.

i assumed everybody has seen it already, how can you not have seen it :eek:

Do you think that when GL finishes ep3, he might go on to ep7 using the expanded universe, or start his own path, blowing up several books along the way?

no, he has stated himself that this will not be happening.

the only "true" story of Star Wars lies in the movies. The novels, comics, and hell even Star Wars.com are not Canon, and are therefore, over-ruled by the movies.

FOR THE PEOPLE TAKING REFRENCE TO THINGS OTHER THAN THE MOVIES: READ THIS OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU GET IT IN YOUR HEAD THAT I AM TALKING ABOUT THE MOVIES AND NOT EXPANDED UNIVERSE.

I agree. The Fetts in my opinion are a joke. Well, not boba. Only because boba was an original creation. I do also agree that the fetts are eye candy. The only reason Jango was brought into ep2 was because lucas knew people loved boba. But he didn't want to put boba because boba would be quite young. So he made jango. He only made jango for merchandising. As he did with maul (who is a joke). So I'm cool with boba. Lol, I bet I get flamed by all the little prequel lovers lol. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion. And that I'm a complete old school star wars nerd. I'm not too fond of the prequels. ;)

im reposting what i said in Jaster Marel's thread so more people will see it.

If the Fetts (Boba really) had more involvement in the trilogy hed probably be a whole lot better. I was pleased that they made Jango more involved in the movie. But just like Darth Maul, he was killed too soon to REALLY develop as a character.

and like you said jessman, im not very fond of the prequels either.

Archived