Home

red stance is for fools!

RipperX

Originally posted by RipperX

sorry if i come acros as rude, but it is true, anyone having sufficient speed with yellow stance can mop the flaw with a better player using red stance.

red stance is ONLY usefull with speed.

Well, I tend to disagree with that statement. When I first started playing this game, I only used yellow. I used it exclusively, but as I grew (keyword: grew) I realized that using all stances is the best approach. Certain situations call for certain stances. If you use one stance all the time, someone will exploit that weakness and certainly beat you.

I have started using the heavy stance a lot lately, mixing it with yellow and the occasional blue. I love yellow, don't get me wrong. It is a great stance, good damage mixed with speed. But, red is good, not for losers. I have seen red in the hands of good players beat yellow and blue users, and quite well.

So, just saying that red is for losers is probably not wise. I'm sure as you play more and more, and you get the feel for the stances, you will start using all three, IMO.

Peace

Ok first off you have to be a newer player...you only have two posts.

You need to use ALL of the stances. If someone is in blue use red if in yellow use yellow or red if in red use blue. Try to be either faster or stronger than your opponent. Do not swing unless your driving them back into a corner the big kill or u know your going to hit them. Yes red seems slow at first but one good red hit can bring a player to their knees. Try using red only against bots set to be Jedi Master....you will learn to use this deadly stance. In fact I use almost always red in regular 1.04 servers....nothing else gives you a kill faster.

Well, I am not so blind as to assume this game's stances are perfectly balanced as is. Since Artifex has a pretty deep, profound knowledge of how the game works, I'm gonna have to agree with his statement that red is superior gamewise, before any mods are applied.

Believe me, a good red player is very dangerous even to a fanatical yellow uzer like myself.

The thing about red stance that turns me off completely is the whole style of it, and the ridiculous way how 2 red users look when facing off: Right+attack+dodge - ad infinitum. Red stance simply isn't a crowd-pleaser in any way, and it is for that reason alone that I refuse to use it.

Imagine a saber scene in starwars being carried out with red stance only, how dumb would that look?

Red stance is superior, and also the most butt-ugly, non-stylish stance ever invented. I wish Raven never made that stance in the first place, so people would be forced to use the two other, energetic, fancy, good-looking, coool stances instead.

That is all.

Originally posted by cjais

Well, I am not so blind as to assume this game's stances are perfectly balanced as is. Since Artifex has a pretty deep, profound knowledge of how the game works, I'm gonna have to agree with his statement that red is superior gamewise, before any mods are applied.

Believe me, a good red player is very dangerous even to a fanatical yellow uzer like myself.

The thing about red stance that turns me off completely is the whole style of it, and the ridiculous way how 2 red users look when facing off: Right+attack+dodge - ad infinitum. Red stance simply isn't a crowd-pleaser in any way, and it is for that reason alone that I refuse to use it.

Imagine a saber scene in starwars being carried out with red stance only, how dumb would that look?

Red stance is superior, and also the most butt-ugly, non-stylish stance ever invented. I wish Raven never made that stance in the first place, so people would be forced to use the two other, energetic, fancy, good-looking, coool stances instead.

That is all.

Right on bro,

Red is damn ugly but when used at the 'right time' its superb, you can even go into DFA mid-air, yet another bug?

the only thing that truly sucks is folk that will only use one stance, they all have their uses and all help to make you a complete player not just a one move wonder,what we need are some more moves though but not like tose stupid extra stances in jedimod, they are ridiculous IMHO.

The red stance is quite slow. So the wise way to use this stance is starting the swing and then get close to the enemy. Is a matter of good timing and good tempo. Also if you swing to right to left the swing is faster not much but quite faster. Eventually you can combine this stance with protect power if you see clearly that your swing is not directed correctly or out of time. Another fun way using red stance is trying to round up the enemy to a corner so he can't escape. Then you do the red combo. :D

I got the game two weeks ago. I use mostly red, no matter what the stance of my opponent, until I get two good red hits. then I switch to yellow.

it's worked well for me so far. But i've seen plenty of guys who are much more skilled then me to know there are better strats. I still win 90% of my duels.

Originally posted by FlashRam

I got the game two weeks ago. I use mostly red, no matter what the stance of my opponent, until I get two good red hits. then I switch to yellow.

it's worked well for me so far. But i've seen plenty of guys who are much more skilled then me to know there are better strats. I still win 90% of my duels.

The thing that red players fear most, is when you've done your mandatory 3 hit combo and you're comepletely defenceless, the yellow or blue user moves in on you and starts chopping you up.

Of course, you can still kick, but if that's the only way you can win a duel, then shame on you...

It should work in theory, but sadly, it doesnt always... :(

All these people say that blue matches up well against red. but honestly...i've never been close to being beaten by a blue when in red stance. the only time I get beat is if someone gets a lucky yellow finisher, or out reds me. There is one guy on a server called Kalius's Server (Kalius as a matter of fact) and he beats me with yellow. Alot of that is due to his slick ping to his own server however.

Cajas...i'm no expert....but if someone gets close to me using yellow or blue after i've already hit them, I just jump away and start into another red swing.......

the fact is....it seems to me that a good red player is going to get 3 hits in before the yellow player gets in 6 everytime......

hmmmmmm . .

I have no trouble wasting Yellow, blue or red with my red stance . . .

If you are good enough with your timing . . . red is a formidable attack for confrontations in the air. I have gotten more fatal air born Backstabbing off with red then I have ever gotten with yellow or blue . . there is just simply not that much damage done with the other two. Don't get me wrong, I still hold the highest regards for Blue . . It was my first style and I would take out Many many Many opponents with it, and yellow was always good with a surprise attack, but I can usually stand against most any one with red . . :)

Originally posted by FlashRam

if someone gets close to me using yellow or blue after i've already hit them, I just jump away and start into another red swing.......

the fact is....it seems to me that a good red player is going to get 3 hits in before the yellow player gets in 6 everytime......

All true - and it annoys me to no f*ckin end! :D:p

sorry, but i disagree.

blue stance is possibly usefull against red, but i prefer yellow.

i have no problem beating players using red, red is all about timing, and as i exclusivly use rage or speed (depending on if i am light or dark) then red stands no chance, and if i am light with speed and protect, then by the time red makes one hit, kabam they are finished.

not to mention red is useless against weapons.

as for being a newbie, yes on this board, but not to the game.

this arguement is pointless, everyone have different preferences and different skill levels, no one will ever be disuaded or persuaded. use all stances, dont stick to one stance NOR confine to the common belief(myth) that blue>red>yellow>blue. Any stance has the ability to beat the other, it's just some its harder to do, most of time its the ability to read your opponent, predict their moves, being unpredictable yourself, knowing your moves and combos and being able to pull these off in a flash that wins you duels, not the stance you are in

Originally posted by thehomicidalegg

this arguement is pointless, everyone have different preferences and different skill levels, no one will ever be disuaded or persuaded. use all stances, dont stick to one stance NOR confine to the common belief(myth) that blue>red>yellow>blue. Any stance has the ability to beat the other, it's just some its harder to do, most of time its the ability to read your opponent, predict their moves, being unpredictable yourself, knowing your moves and combos and being able to pull these off in a flash that wins you duels, not the stance you are in

Yes, I totally agree with u homicidalegg. Mix it with everything including weapons and force powers.

Originally posted by KandaBelhart

Yes, I totally agree with u homicidalegg. Mix it with everything including weapons and force powers.

I too, agree with homocidalegg, but as I said before - the saberstances simply aren't balanced. It is pointless to argue about it yes, because they'll never be completely balanced at all - but the fun is arguing in itself :D

True the stances are not balanced in regular JK2. But I know that in my Jedimod server they are more balanced. I put the air lunge back for blue and then upped all of the backstab damage to be 60 for blue 75 for yellow and 95 for red. These moves are harder to land than ever and should be rewarded. As for kicks they do no damage in duel on my server and are used as a tool to knock a player off guard and imho are not a cheap move, and if you time it right the blue lunge willtake care of a kick spammer anyway.

Red is a great stance when used right but with these few additions blue and yellow come close. But using all styles is still best. I usually start in blue because 95% of the time evryone else starts in red. I also walk so the I do not give away my stance until that final moment before I land a hit.

Most of the time I let the red stance player get close and the do a backfilp and hit them with an air lunge or fly into an overhead flip and land a blue backstab then switcth to yellow to wear them down and red to kill them with the final mercy blow. :D

why wouldn't you return the mid-air LUNGE?? .. Its incredibly easy to see it coming and alter your fighting to compensate, and it should be allowed for shear enjoyment of getting that kill in mid-air with a good lunge . . not to mention the benefits of FLOATING . . I am not understanding your concerns. Seems to me that he has done an excellent job setting up his server . . My hat is off to you sir!!

Interesting discussion. I think it all comes down to the fact that Strong stance is bugged. When you get close enough, your saber entity ends up hitting them from behind instead of in front as it should. This is what most people perceive as Strong's "defense breaking" capability. It's also why people spam the right+attack swing all the time--that's the widest swing and therefore that's where the bug is most prevalent. When I fixed it, I noticed that Strong really sucked compared to the other two styles. All of Raven's tweaks like the slower swing speed and slower footspeed during the swing were made to try to balance out this bug.

Archived