Home

Contest ideas!

Courthold

Ok, i need you guys to give us ideas here. We're hoping to run a contest in the not too distant future, i'll let you know more about possibly prizes when i can. But, we need something that *everyone* can enter, so it couldn't be something like "draw such and such" or "make a small game". Ideas please, and they can be as wacky as possible, so get thinking! If we use anyones idea i'll see what we can do about getting them some small prize too (aren't you lucky).

#1: Summarize the most exciting, fantastically brilliant (made-up) adventure game EVER in 50 engrossingly beautiful words... the kinda stuff they would put on the box

#2: Write a comic strip involving a known adventure game person (Creator, Character etc.) No drawing skills necessary, just razor sharp wit :)

#3: Get yourself photographed whilst advertising Adventure Developer and simaltaneously humiliating yourself in front of many people.

yeah I like the adventure game idea too. could be a real winner! (winner gettit? I kill me. Or more to the point I should kill me)

Heres a few quick ideas:

4) Describe in no less than fifty words, which adventure game character you most resemble and why.

5) superimpose your head onto an adventure game screenshot, funniest wins (might take a bit of skill)

6) a caption competition, using a screenshot from an adventure game

7) you must complete

THE THREE TRIALS!

THE THREE TRIALS!

THE THREE TRIALS!

Arg - couldn't help it!

8) solve a hypothetical adventure puzzle, in the most humorous way possible!

Actually I like that last one

Build on scabbs ideas, hows about advertise Adventure Developers out in the open world whilst humiliating yourself, for example, run around naked in a busy high street with an AD sign covering your crotch :p or, take an AD banner to a footy match and hope the camera picks it up... or something of the sort.

;)

m0ds

Or..(another idea, similar) we could try and advertise AdventureDeveloper in other creative ways (other than the internet). We could phone in on radio stations and mention AD, or make our own custome car number plates...the most creative wins. Evidence may be hard to come by though, particularly for us poor people with no digital cameras / computer microphones / compatible scanners.

Or... a little simpler here...Maybe a motto for AD? Something involving the letters AD? Here's an embarassingly bad example:

"AD: Ever since 2000* AD"

*speculation.

Finally...a little similar to the above suggestion...how about we decide what AD really means?

Apple Dunkers?

After Dark?

Acne Dusters?

Angry Dorks?

Now that would be easily done (Hell, do it on the forum)...and the best 'AD' wins.

Well how bout:

Antichrist Demons (court that is)

Army Dweebs

Aussie Development (they are all really aussies trying to take over the world)

how bout a poem competition, Make a poem about AD

it is such a shame

that i can`t make a game

just as well as AD does it

i hope that i

will one day stop cry,

cause i am manic depressioned because of you

lol.....

See, because of the range of prizes we hope to have, i think 2 or more different contests might be a good idea, 1 every few months or something? That way we can use several of the ideas. I still think one that involves embarassing yourself would be cool, but i don't know if many people would enter that (the photo one for example)

yupp courty...agree. I would enter that embarrasing thingy atleast but i think my poem contest idea is fun. Allthough not everyone is as brilliant as me on that one...lol

hehe. No seriously there are a lot of things that can be done.

-Write a conversation between your favourite adventuregame characters

-record on your computer while your singing a song to praise AD

-handdraw a scene "missing" in your favourite game, the quality shouldn`t count, just the phunnyness

-tattoo AD logo on you chin

-take plastical surgery to look like either Elvis or this guy :evanpiel:

I would enter them all!!:D :D :D

Originally posted by Esseb

Assuming comi and emi wasn't made: most probable explanation of what the big whoop really was.

Or is that just an evil ploy of me to find out the answer?!

If we'd hold a contest about -thinking up the most lame contest- you'd probably win :p

--Erwin

Archived