Home

my post was moved elsewhere....

Spaff

....To talk amogst the mojo staff.

BUT

I wanted to say some things out in the open and have them stay here.

For those who missed it: i was saying that Mojo had grown dull, and not at all how it used to be, well it has had some good articles..... but it needs more life injected into it.

here are some responses to your comments.

I am in no way having a go at anyone.

The Mojo staff have worked the ****ing arses off to run mojo, with practically 0 help from me for almost a year.

I love them to death, each and every one, for not just keeping mojo afloat, but moving it forward in a way that i'd be so proud of if i thought i had had anything to do with it.

They work harder than anyone i know, and it's not a question of appreciating their work, that's crap - I dont have to appreciate anything, its not as though i have any right to claim to be the boss, they dont work FOR me. We made mojo together.

It's more than appreciation, so do not assume i think they did a bad job... don't be stupid. they all ****ing RULE.

Mojo needs to have some fun, we all used to have fun, and we need to again. this is a matter for the public not for the staff to sit about arguing about.

I want you to know that this is my opinion and if no one agrees with me then fine, i am out of line. But i bet there are people who do agree.

I need to come back and work on mojo, and i want to, desperatley.. but i need to have some inspiration and also i will probably need some help.

So : Bring it on, bring on the comments, bring on the suggestions. Feel free to slag me off, but DO NOT have a go at any other members of staff in this thread please.

Originally posted by Spaff

Mojo needs to have some fun, we all used to have fun, and we need to again. this is a matter for the public not for the staff to sit about arguing about.

what kind of fun are you talking about? what used to happen that dosn't now? I havn't been around the community quite as long as some people here, so enlighten me!

Originally posted by Tall Guy

what kind of fun are you talking about? what used to happen that dosn't now? I havn't been around the community quite as long as some people here, so enlighten me!

In the past, you could actually reach into the screen and taste the purple.

Suggestion #1: How about a guide to making our own Mojo Voodoo Plush Doll, alá Blue Peter? I WANT ONE.

Suggestion #2: Trivia of some kind. Like Maths, only without the numbers or letters.

Suggestion #3: Break the law in some way, that's always fun.

Hmmm. I dunno, maybe it is a little dull. Maybe because you and the staff are always at LucasArts, or Dom's house, or Doublefine, you are having more fun than us. Maybe you could arrange a few chats with these people you meet and the mojo community? Like the Scumm Bar did with Ron Gilbert.

Of course, I love mojo anyway, so it doesn't seem that dull to me, not really.

How about random Mojo Messages to your loyal lucas fans saying things such as "How was your day?", "What game do you plan on purchasing.", "My name is Chuckie. I mean to kill you all.", "I'm selling these fine leather jackets. What size does Carla wear?" or any stupid quotes. Just to keep things interesting to come back and see if you have any personalized messages.

***Everyone stares blankly*****

You know, or not...

**Sits down and stops complaining like Maureen Corley***

Originally posted by Swordmaster

Chain telarium into Mojo's basement and don't let him out until he's done at least three new LucasArts remixes. (They own!)

Hey, being chained is not what I need to do more remixes. What I need is $$$ for new equipment! :) Thanks for the kind words, though.

Hey, if you're serious my mate is a music tech student and can get all the top of the range audio software for free at college. I'm sure we could get you sent a copy as a gesture of goodwill between UK and US students. Your music is very cool.

Originally posted by LucasTones

Hey, if you're serious my mate is a music tech student and can get all the top of the range audio software for free at college. I'm sure we could get you sent a copy as a gesture of goodwill between UK and US students. Your music is very cool.

Thanks! I actually have all of the software I need already... I just need a soundcard that works with Gigastudio. That costs about $200, and I should have that sometime in the near future. Although if the guy has any gigasamples he can send, those are always welcome. :)

a mixnmojo staff page. a page where the mixnmojo staff presents them selfs. them showing a pic of their toothbrushes, showing their mini-lists of their favorite lec games, mini-list of their favorite lec downloads.

oh. of course. a mixnmojo member page with the same stuff would be neat also. you could change your info at any day and any time. you would check that member page 10 times a day to spy on your fellow mixnmojo-ians. (weee) there should be an option to choose if you wanna show or not what your last 5 downloads were and what 5 site.mixnmojo you last visited.

a little sketchy, but you should get what I mean. cheers! =)

Originally posted by JBRAA

a mixnmojo staff page. a page where ......

.....cheers! =)

oh oh. for the mixnmojo staff: lists of lec games they needed a walkthrough (and where in the game) to finish it. so we can laugh at them. hehehe!! evilll

Edit.

oh oh. and their hero of the month (or moment). lec hero that is. a lec / lucasfilm / ilm / anything lucas / employee or ex-employee, or fictional character like guybrush. even robox. and robox' friends. or robox' friends' bike. but that would be a hero-item of the month. that bike saved tims life. you can read all about that in the memmoirs of Robox & Friends.

hehehe! weee =)

The Mixnmojo features.

1) To have the old ones posted online, and have them all easy available would be neat. Easy as in Mojo7, which is everything on one page. I like it like that anyway. http://web.archive.org/web/20010816140055/http://mixnmojo.com/resources/features.php

2) To be awfully honest. Some of the new (since Mojo7) features hasnt cought my interest. Not enough to read them with excitement and save them on my harddrive. I guess I would like less journalistic writing and more to the point kind of fun stuff. Just my thoughts... Mojo8 is fantastic in lots of other ways.

:max:mojonews.gif:max:mojonews.gif:max:

Archived