Home

Wheel Of Time

ckcsaber

What books is the game based on? Just Eye of the World?

Nope; the game is a prequel to the book series (methinks Star Wars started a trend here ;) ). I'm not sure how long before the books it's supposed to be, though.

There are a bunch of inaccuracies in the backstory and little ones through the game. For instance, the opening of the game states that the Dark One created the Trollocs and Myrddraals, when they were actually made by Aginor... also, the beginning says that after the male channellers started to go mad, "the women of the White Tower rallied..." when, in fact, the White Tower wasn't built in the Age of Legends. But it's still an excellent game... the gameplay is great, especially multiplayer.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

I used to be on the WoT messageboards at http://www.wheeloftime.com mostly the book forum, but I did slip over to the game forum every so often. I haven't posted there since I got into an argument about how good SW2 was and I was flamed. I've never been in a clan, though. My username on the WoT boards is Young_Grim.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

That's cool. I first started posting there in 1998 when the game was still in development (the book forum, that is) but, later, posted mostly in the game and clan forum. My username was Daehawk.

Is the game a FPS?

Yes... you play a character who can't channel the One Power "more than a trickel..." a point which is eluded to about five times in the cutscenes using those exact words :rolleyes: But anyway... she uses ter'angreal as a crutch. During the course of the game, you can collect something like 40 ter'angreal, for attack, passive defense and active defense. An example of the three kinds: Attack would be fireball, dart (your repeater) and Seekers... defense would be your shields, they come in each of the five elements (water, fire, earth, air and spirit) and a shield that gives you some protection against blunt assaults... active defences can either steal the ter'angreal that's been used against you from another player (like the Absorb), or can send the weave back at the person who sent it (the Reflect). You can also find Healing ter'angreal. You collect them, put them into one of, I think six hands, and then you can use them at any point in the game. There's definately room for some great stratigy and great comboes in multiplayer.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Archived