Home

Why?

SamNMax

Hmm. I'm kinda on your side with this one. I think that Grim Fandango is the best game ever made, very closely followed by Monkey Island 2 and Little Big Adventure 2. As you know, Grim Fandango was in 3d. I mean, I liked EMI (as a game! not as a sequel. What a difference there is) and I would rather play games in 3d than have them stop making adventure games altogether. I love the genre, not the GUI.

Read this lucasarticle I wrote about this subject. You may find it interesting. I dunno. :D

Yeah I adore Grim Fandango too and if it wasnt for that I would probably be a total anti-3d crusader.

For the most part I dislike 3d because it can often look quite bad and make for a clunky interface. Of course this isnt always the case (as Grim proves) and I think that new technologies - such as cel shading could make all the difference.

I'd like a 3D adventure with a 2d like interface. Keyboard control doesn't feel right for adventures. On the bright side as computer graphics get better and better the atmosphere achieved in 3d adventures will hopefully approach and exceed that achieved in traditional 2d adventures.

Ar you guys talking about Existenz? that movie is totally cool.

I wish I had a gun made out of weird fish.

Uhm... Has anyone except me noticed how much the matrix has started sucking? I liked it the first couple of times I saw it but when I watched now the other day I realized that everything except the action is crap. Worst of all is the dialogue. EET EEZ SHEET! I guess I was stunned by the cool visuals when it was new.

I still enjoy the Matrix every time I see it. I love the gradual transformation of Keanu from regular guy to godlike superhero. It's both a physical transformation, and a character transformation. It's one of the best character arcs I've seen in an action movie.

Existenz was okay, but I found the end annoying, when all it was was plot twist after plot twist after plot twist, seemingly just to run out the clock.

Archived