Home

Heartbroken

Ratmjedi

Well I guess the thread says it all. Anybody have any stories or personal account's of being dumped?

I know this is a little personal but I just feel like *hit. I guess I will start. I just got told by my girlfriend that she wanted to call off our relationship cause everything was getting to her. I'm basically going to be sad now and just give up for awhile. I loved her so much and then it got ripped away from me. I'm still shocked cause I was so sure about our relationship. I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't know whether to try with another relationship or just distance my self and not open up anymore.

:duel::lsduel:

Take a 3 month vacation. Try to do things that are productive to yourself - exercise, play games, study at school but avoid any other types of opposite sex relationships until you are more emotionally stable and recovered.

Keep yourself very busy - for some strange reason time does heal those kinds of wounds. Don't be afraid to think about it all the time and talk about it. Just don't return to her - move on with dignity.

Well, my story isn't really that sad but here goes. Back when I was fat, I had a big crush on this girl who sat next to me in english. One day I asked her if she might want to hang out sometime. To make a long story short she went out with me for a week and then dumped me. It wasn't until later that I found out she was dared to go out with me. Heh, I felt pretty lowsy.

How am i suppose to avoid the opposite Sex?

I go to High School girls are everywhere. It's going to be tough but I'm going to try to not get into a relationship anytime soon. There will be girls but I won't let my self get into another relationship. I just need my time by my self to think and just recover.

:lsduel::duel:

I liked your comments on my 9/11 thread and I will now share my wise advice with you.

I graduated Highschool long ago and can tell you that I left with scares on my heart that you would not believe. So here is what I learned....

1- Get your friends back quickly. All the guys you probably didn't hang out with all that often cause you were in love, call them up, start hanging out. Strength in numbers is a undeniable fact of nature.

2- Be a gentleman, you will have the urge to get angry at her and maybe even talk some trash...DO NOT DO THIS. No matter what she may say in the future ignore it and say "you know what, I had a lot of good times with her, and only wish her the best."

3- Play sports, go out, and be active. You have a single social life now and you need to do it. Go to parties, hang with the crowds, and be the guy you were before her.

4- Be available to other girls. Don't look for a girlfriend but if someone wants to go out for coffee, then go if you feel she would be cool to chill with. Explain your situation to this girl and simply tell her that you need time to heal and are looking for nothing serious. Girls like honesty and I don't know of to many highschool girls that would hate having a relationship with a guy without any pressure where they can just be them and you can just be you.

5- DO NOT get back together. This is always bad. I did this twice and I had the most depressing time because of it.

6- Forget the "she's the one feeling" I know this sounds harsh but she isn't. You will change in the years following highschool more then you did in highschool. You aren't you yet...I know that sounds wierd but its true.

7- Be you and don't be afraid to admit you feel like sh!t. People may rag on you but they can go to hell with their comments. You feel bad and thats that, there is no shame in feeling bad after a break up. There is much shame in acting like a child and faking like it didn't bug you at all.

Well that's all I can tell you, there is no remedy for your pain other then just getting yourself through it by keeping positive and active. This stuff might sound like crappy advice to some of you, but I been there done that and only seek to help you guys out.

I graduated in 97 so im not an old guy, I know what I'm talking about.

Thanks man. I am always a gentleman. Me and her got together about a week after we first broke up. We were happy but I don't know what happened. I'm not the kind of guy that is going to be mad at her and never talk to her. Hopefully me and her will stay good friends and not lose touch. Why do nice guy's always finish last? I was the perfect guy. I neve miss treated her or made her feel like she didn't matter. She knew how I felt and she knew I cared about her. I guess nice guys are just destined to come last no matter how hard you try.My friends never left and they were still close. Thanks for the advice and I do hope things will get better. This is my Senior year and I thought it was going to be better and not be like this. Thanks guys for giving me advice. You can tell I am not embarssed to post this and that I don't care what other's think of me if they chose to laugh at me.

:duel::lsduel:

Not really an account of being dumped, but sad all the same. There was this girl who I met at these forums "Qwi Xux" last year. She was a writer like me, we liked the same things, and started emailing each other. Nothing personally or anything, just stuff you would talk about while you were hanging out. You know, what movies we'd seen, books we'd read, what we had written etc. Anyways, after a while, we quit emailing each other because my family didn't feel right about me talking to someone who I never even met. So, respecting their wishes, I quit, and missed her every single day. After a couple of weeks, she came back to the forums, so we started private messaging (not emailing. I promised my family after all ;) ) but then she kind of dissappeared for about a week. The next I heard of her was from her email address, but was her brothers, sisters, and best friend, writing to tell me that she had died.

She had had cancer all along, but never said anything about it to me. They told me what had happened and gave me a goodbye letter she had written for me. And to top it off, her friend said that she had had feelings for me (and I for her) all of which had gone unsaid for the entire time we talked.

Anyways, I felt like complete crap for a few days, cried myself to sleep that first night, and I still miss her when I think back on it.

It was just one of those things that felt too right to be wrong, but fell apart nonetheless, with words unsaid. So, not me being dumped, but as your thread title says: "Heartbroken" sums up that experience completely and totally.

That is a heartbreaking story. I am sorry for that. Before I got together with the girl that broke up with me today. I was together with another girl. At first we we were seriouse and then our relationship went down. When I met the girl that dumped me today I was together with the other girl. She had strong feelings for me and I did to sort of. I started talking with the girl that dumped me and then me and her just started to form a relationship out of no where. We weren't expecting it. Then I started to get feelings for her but I was still with another person. I had to chose what I wanted to do from there. As you know I chose the new girl and was very happy. That was the best relationship that I had ever had. I learned something from it. Never hold you're feeling's back and keep them secret. If I wouldn't of made that decision I would of never of expierenced the most happy time that I had ever had in my life. You never know what might happen like what happened to JediKnight_114. I encourage anyone that has feelings twords another individual to tell that person. You never know whether or not it would of worked. It is better to of Loved and lost then to never of loved at all. I now know the true meaning of what this is means and why it was said.

:lsduel::duel:

My girlfriend and I(occasionally she is my girlfriend) have a love/hate relationship. I hate to love her, we have both dumped and been dumped by each other.........it's almost a marriage.

Don't even get me started on that one.

Just forget about her, by the time you find someone else, she will want you back, and then you get to play games with her mind.

Life is short, live it too it's fullest!:D

I probably can't give you any advice that hasn't already been given. I've never been in a serious relationship. I'm sort of scared crapless about everything. So I avoid relationships like the plague. So I'm not really good at advice but I'll just say that time does heal wounds. There is always something to learn from every experience good or bad. We'll all have relationships that go sour so we shouldn't be bitter at the person because it's just the way life goes. Eventually you'll find someone else after you've healed and be fine again. I hope ya feel better :)

-The Attention Whore-

[insert joke here]

Hey, I finally got on the net at school:D:Dlol, tho I can't stay long...

I just broke up with my g/f...she said we were in different situations, and just to take a break from each other...though I doubt we will be getting back together ever lol...I didn't take the news too well, but what can you do eh? :(...oh well...

ive had this girl i met 1 night at a party and we started talkin. so when it was my b-day she came around and off the blue we were in a relationship. we had the best times together. but 1day it all changed, out of the blue we broke up. after 2weeks she had a new boyfriend and i was feelin like hell. we talked a bit but it always came to the same where we were jellin at each other. when i look back at it im a bit sad that it had happend cause now we arent friends anymore.:(

you'll all will probably laugh about my story: i had a g/f on the net, but she was pretending 2b some1 else, when i found that out, i broke up with her, and she suddely began acting really strange:, not talking to me etc., than i said i liked her 2, she suddenly began acting nice 2 me........i'm just backing off at the moment

Originally posted by cjais

"It is better to have loved and lost, than not to have loved at all..."

Dunno who said that...

I actually don't agree with that statement. If I could remove the times I've fallen into the 'delusion of love' I would gladly do it.

Someday someone can create a memory remover.

Whoever said that statement was envious of those who don't feel so bitter or disappointed and rationalizing his own harvesting of such feelings.

I do agree with the statement, but I don't think he was simply referring to the love of a significant other, I think he was also referring to love of family and friends.

And I don't think Neitchze was envious of those who aren't bitter about love. It sounds like a simple truth. Love for someone, no matter how long it lasts, changes you even if it does end. If you don''t experience any kind of love, whether for a girlfriend/boyfriend, friend or family member, you probably do become bitter and angry. Love for something sort of turns a light on, gives you hope. I dunno...I'm shutting up now...

Archived