Home

5000th thread in the swamp

pik-ard

Don't think so harshly of the mods guys, they're just doing their jobs remember.

I was here long before most of the mods were mods, they're just a bunch of highly entertaining guys trying to keep some semblance of order in a place where it's very hard to do. They do a brilliant job considering.

They do try to be fair, but when you've got a bunch on 12 year olds spamming and talking about crap (this is not having a shot at this thread) you've got to draw the line somewhere, or the forums would go to hell...

And in all reality, this thread is about nothing so would you be truly surprised if they shut it down? :)

Originally posted by SivyB

and you registered after me as well,

mmm...... you must have more of a life :D

dont you mean before:D , and dont count on that last point, i just spend time at other boards where im admin and have power:cool:

and @ Letalis- well, its celebrating a milestone in the life of the swamp, and after all, it is the swamp(a.k.a.- off-topic zone), does there have to be a point for a thread? but i still wouldnt be surprised or mad if this thread was closed

well, its celebrating a milestone in the life of the swamp, and after all, it is the swamp(a.k.a.- off-topic zone),

I totally agree, but read the first message in the thread. Could he not have said: "Yay, 5000! Congrats guys on some good posts, lets celebrate!"

As opposed to: "Yes I'm writting spam."

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for celebrating, but the nature of the thread doesn't lend itself to being kept open.

Like I said before, I'm not having a go at this thread, it was just that:

but lets celebrate till the admins come

Isn't gonna do you a whole lot of good now is it? ;)

EDIT: My av? Ahhh, Avatar, ever played Diablo II: Lord of Destruction?

Originally posted by Letalis

I totally agree, but read the first message in the thread. Could he not have said: "Yay, 5000! Congrats guys on some good posts, lets celebrate!"

As opposed to: "Yes I'm writting spam."

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for celebrating, but the nature of the thread doesn't lend itself to being kept open.

Like I said before, I'm not having a go at this thread, it was just that:

Isn't gonna do you a whole lot of good now is it? ;)

EDIT: My av? Ahhh, Avatar, ever played Diablo II: Lord of Destruction?

ah, you may be right, but im tired, and pretty much anything sounds good when im typing while tired:rolleyes:

He's got every right to be. I certainly am not going to hold it against him.

But when I commented on the length of time I've been here it was not intended to start a pissing match. I was just throwing in a good word for the mods...

How long one's been at any forum most certainly does not dictate whether they're right or wrong. I certainly didn't intend my comment to sound like that.

But obi-wan13/Gandalf's post just sounded too much like: "Well, I'm better than you are!"

I apologise if I misinterpreted...we good? ;)

Originally posted by Letalis

...we good? ;)

no, we are not good, I will hate you untill the day you die, simply because of the fact you said something sarcastic to me.

:D

The scary thing is, Redwing has more posts than the swamp has topics:D

As for the whole 5000 threads thing, yea, it's pretty cool. But look at Jediknightii.net in total, 365642 threads overall, the most of out any forum. And I believe Jk2.net is one of the younger boards as well. So to quote Canoli...

Yay for spam and crap posts! [/Quote]

:D

Archived