Home

How to make a jk2 movie

TK_Nutritious

yea ive used that software thta ur talkin about now and i saved it as a avi file now its a little preview a nast of the movie and its nearly the size of a whole real film 256mb lol

thats not right i need help asap lol plz by puting that in console does it take the writin away but does it show it wen u watch the demo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okees, thank you guys! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

And Nutri, i downloaded Pistolero and it KICKS ASS!!! NICE JOB!!! I really liked the midair snipes! heh heh, too bad i cant snipe midair......is it something with the server? that lets you charge in midair?

Thanks for the comments :). You can charge the sniper rifle as long as you're no longer moving up in your jump and not hitting any directional buttons. So once you've hit the peak of your jump you can zoom in and start charging while you fall. On a few clips in Pistolero I'm moving up while charging, this was done in a mod called promod which isn't around anymore.

does any1 know how i can make my preview demo smaller whats the best file type (avi,etc)

and what other things can i do to make these files smaller cos ive got a file thats only 4 mins long and its a 256mb file and that takes the mike lol anyhelp plz ill really be happy plus my clan will get off my back about the movie thanks all

Personally I prefer the .avi file type. To get a video file size to be smaller you need to compress it with a codec (divx & xvid seem to be the most popular). You can get the divx codec if you don't already have it at http://www.divx.com, however, the free one download gain adware so it'd probly be better to do a search for a codec pack. I'll have to look it up at home if you want a link to a good codec pack.

Anyway, I don't know what program you're using, but there should be a section that has a part about video compression or codec. Find where you can use codec and choose divx. Once you select it you can configure the divx settings to higher quality (high filesize) to low quality (lower filesize). This is really an oversimplification of the process but hopefully you get the general idea. Let me know if/how I can help you further.

Okay, I go into a server. Open up the console. Type in:

/g_synchronousclients 1

then

/record

but then it just disconnects me from the server and I get the following error message:

Cl_SetCGameTime:

!cl.snap.valid

Ok I have read the post and I know I need a "record script", but the link you posted on where to get one is bad. The link is no longer good. I would really like to know how to fix this error so I can record demos.

• 4 weeks later...

eyy im leth, part of the australian jk2 scene, still going strong. me and a few clan mates are making a movie, kinda like nutris ones(i respect the work youve done on them :D) but more up to date.. my speed/jumps, my mates aim, and a couple funny bits weve saved from demos over the last 3 years.

I dont know if anyone still reads/replies to these boards, but ive been looking everywhere and i cant find the solution.. im pretty sure its a command thats messing me up but ive searched every jk2/q3 engine console command list on the net, nothing on this.

anyway ive been messin round with jk2 commands since the day it came out, so im no newb to editing demos.. but now ive gotten back into it for the video, i noticed that once i get the timing for the camera angles/timescales and that sorta stuff perfect, i try to cl_avidemo it, my preference is 25, and it totally messes up the timing...

it works sweet with avidemo on 0, but it seems to slow it down and turns wait 100 into wait 5000.

this never used to hapen when i made a couple videos back in 1.02, so i guess it must be a new thing.

any help?

anyway look out for our vid when i finaly fix this damn wait prob :D download it, itl be worth it :p since teh 103 ctf days ive worked out some killer floats.

Viper: there's a demo script at http://www.planetquake.com/thebind/scripts.shtml that might help you out with recording. I think the default on it is f5 to record f6 to stop and move to next demo, and f7 to go to previous demo.

Leth: Using avi demo is gonna mess up your timing on waits etc. pretty bad. What you should do instead is have your script (I'm assuming your using one unless someone fixed the demo viewer) execute the cl_avidemo 25 command AFTER you have the waits go through and timescale return to normal. This way you can figure out the timing then record only at the point that you want with the angles and shots etc.

yeah i get what you mean, still its a bit more complicated than that :p

theres this one awesome pistol shot i did a while ago, i made a huge 23k script for it, it kinda starts on me, revolves round to the front, zooms in on my face, timescale to 0.3, freezes for a second as soon as i shoot, then zooms out heaps following the bullet.

so the timing gets pretty messed up inbetween effects too.

i guess i could put avidemo on and watch it over and over getting the timing right, changing the script, but thatd take years ay :(

im pretty sure thats what im gonna have to do, but if so were not gonna bother with shots, just the jumps. anyway think i could get your msn or somethin so i can explain it? hope you can help lol :(

I understand what you're saying, just didn't know how complex you wanted the scripting to be for the shot. Honestly what you're trying to do is an immense task using just scripts. The only thing I can think of is doing exactly what you said: running the script over and over again using the avidemo command until it finally lines up. I did something similar for Starcraft's vid Demolitionist.

It took me about 4 hours to get the amount of 'waits' right to have a matrix rotation just at the right moment. And that's just one script move. For what you hvae in mind, either several days of tedious work and hoping for luck or settling for a bit less. It's up to you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Chipsmoker

Um, im having trouble using the FTP thing on Filefront to upload....

Help please?

I never could get that thing to work, submit your movie to OWN-AGE.COM they submitted my clips to Filefront for me. :)

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived