Home

WIP: Obiwan ep1/ep2 & Anakin ep2 by Jolts

Guest Jolts

Originally posted by Jolts

it will be easy to reduce, just figure most people only duel or play small 5 people games and if your in a ffa or ctf your mostly only seeing second/third lods anyways. But I can do things like reduce little sections of the face, take out the ridges on the boots, just that alone can drop the model down to 3100....

While that may be an accurate server average, it's not necessarily a safe assumption to justify high-poly. The server I play on is usually between 10-20 people almost constantly. I know there will be several "regulars" who will be interested in using your model in-game. It might just be safer to conform. :p But anyway, nice work Jolts! (Way to reuse work to create different models!)

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chin needs to be more rounded, the nose is too long and thick(shorten that while moving up the chin and mouth), the hairline needs to come in on the corners, the eyes are too far apart, hairline needs to come down a bit, his ears come outward more....

thanks marz, I had to learn a lot by looking at every wireframe I could off any site I could find. Its all in the surface topology, get gmax or whatever you can and start going for it. I say if you can draw it, you can model it, and you already know how to paint so you should be good.

I sent toonces an updated version of anakins face to uvmap whenever he gets the time, then you can snag it and maybe try slapping on that anakin skin you made?

I actually did model the beard, hard to tell from that angle and lighting. I snapped the edges to his face so it flattens out at the cheeks, the other way looked funky and blocky. You can see it better in the hard shaped pics I posted a few posts back.

http://www.geocities.com/joltsone/obbrt.txt

While it's true this way is less funky and blocky, it's also harder to tell that the model has a beard. Consider making the distinction a little more along the jawline (rather than at the cheeks).

Then again, maybe it is just the angle and lighting, but right now it just looks like it's part of his face, and doesn't appear to extend at all.

thanks marz, I had to learn a lot by looking at every wireframe I could off any site I could find. Its all in the surface topology, get gmax or whatever you can and start going for it. I say if you can draw it, you can model it, and you already know how to paint so you should be good.

Yeah, I want to start modeling... maybe after I have done these skins, I can move onto that. I want to do Zam Wessel and Adi Gallia. I am just a little hesitant with it now, because I need to find a freeware program that will be close to G-Max. No funds now, Milkshape looked like a good thing, but I dont know how it really compares to the others. Mars out!

Epi II Obi looks really great :D I'm sure once you get a good base skin on it you'll be able to get it perfect.

A little update from me, I'm sorry the unwraping is going to slowly but I've gotten bogged down with Work, and I have so many projects on the docket that I've gotten overwelmed. The new head you sent me the other day is almost finished, and the bodies are almost half way done. It's just going to be a little longer guys. Thanks for being patient :)

that's cool toonces, havn't touched any of these models in a few days myself. I am trying to finish off some models for the dark horizons mod, and get a highres version of ewan done to show to someone.

Hey Jolts, that is starting to look very accurate. These are my suggestions:

-His eyes are too big and slightly too close together. Try making them both horizontally and vertically smaller.

-His lips are slightly too wide

-Also try moving the bottom of the chin up a little.

-Finally, his ears are too big.

See what this does for you.

Archived