Home

WIP: Obiwan ep1/ep2 & Anakin ep2 by Jolts

Guest Jolts

I'm not in competition with anyone, I always wanted to make an obi wan model, messing around with it I got an anakin model out of it. I'm more addicted to the challenge of making a low poly model look like the actual person. If no one wants this and just wants terc's model I'll stop right now and save myself the time.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awsome job Jolts, i was glad to see that you were making a obi wan model, but now that I see your making an Anakin model.... Your awsome, its looking real good, it seems everyone is scared to make this model because of tercero's version, (I wonder if it will ever be released?) oh well he's going through alot i guess.

one thing i wanted to mention is on his boots. your missing the lace cover thing, heres 2 pictures.

http://www.inflictions.com/bin/mb_images/1.jpg

http://www.inflictions.com/bin/mb_images/2.jpg

and here are some other one if you need them

http://www.inflictions.com/bin/mb_images/3.jpg

http://www.inflictions.com/bin/mb_images/4.jpg

http://www.inflictions.com/bin/mb_images/5.jpg

oh and i see your hosting your pictures on geocities, I can host your pictures if you want. and thanks alot for making this model, when do you think you'll be done?

seks03 that would be pretty cool if you could host, geocities is getting more annoying each day

keo think the jaw is the right form? also I can't tell if the nose is wide enough or too thin, or too long?

got sick of all this low poly nonsense and started a subd model of ani, the polycage from it looks a little better I think. I just need to reduce it a little.

aniComp.txt

anyone have a .3ds version of the player skeleton? I wanna try importing it into maya, then using the dotxsi exporter for maya 4.5.

here's an update on my obi reconstruction

obiN.txt

I emailed toonces letting him know I was getting close to finishing ani, havn't heard back yet. I'm guessing he's real swamped with other projects and doesn't have time right now.

I really want to get these model done soon, I'm burned out and sick of working on them I want to focus on my wls models. If theres anyone else out there thats a super dope rippin rad texturer/rigger with max let me know if your interested. Otherwise I think I'm gonna bring over to ut2k3

I did some tests with the models getting them rigged and working in ut2k3 and they deform pretty good, and since its so easy to go from maya to ut2k3 I'm going just make these for ut2k3.

It's been awsome working with all you guys, keo your a super star. I thank you all for you help and comments and I wish I could release these for jo but its just too much of a hassle. If you want to check out progress on the model I'm starting a thread on cgtalk's game design forum.

Peace out, word up, rock on, rippin rad, cool, sweet, mega ultra super fantastical rad.

you'll still be able to get the models, just for a different game and w/o a lightsaber or force powers or star wars levels or anything else sw related. Its just too hard to find someone who just wants to rig/texture the models and has max, most everyone I know is all maya, oh well.

Originally posted by Jolts

you'll still be able to get the models, just for a different game and w/o a lightsaber or force powers or star wars levels or anything else sw related. Its just too hard to find someone who just wants to rig/texture the models and has max, most everyone I know is all maya, oh well.

I would be able to get the models if I was willing to play the games. The JK series is the only FPS-shooter type game I like, and without force powers and a lightsaber... I don't see much point in using these models.

• 1 month later...

To Jolts, (if your still around)

If you need someone with 3dsmax to rig these models and get them into Jedi Knight II I can help. I've gone through the process several times, mostly with personal models and have gotten pretty fast at it. I'm currently working on getting my Ben Kenobi and Matt-Liell's Legolas model in game but once I'm done I would be happy to rig your obi-wan and anikan models up and get them into Jedi Knight II, they're excellent models and I (as well as many others here) would really like to see them make it to Jk2.

If your interested, e-mail me at KevinCoyle@nc.rr.com

I appreciate the offer, but I havn't touched either of the models in a long time. Theres still lots of little things to do to them, reduce the heads, clean up some areas, uvmap and texture...

Right now I'm spending all of my time modelling for the dark horizons mod and don't have the time to play with finishing them up right now. I am going to use them sooner or later with a newer game engine, possibly one of the unreal warfare variations, not sure yet. I would give them out to someone else to finish but I do have some plans on using them later for a better engine.

My little star wars model collection has grown into obi, ani, battle droids, stap, aat, and few static meshes from locations like theed and I plan on using them all some day. The models will one day see release...one day...maybe, I actually have no idea anymore.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jolts

well since JKA has been announced there might be some hope of maya support and I might actually be able to bust out some models for this game. I've been working on obi off and on as a highres project to play with normal mapping for doom3 and some cloth/hairs simulation so I have better version to reduce than before.

Can't say for sure if the model will ever make, but here is a little side shot from the old low res polycage I used for the subD model

obi1.txt

obi2.txt

obi3.txt

Archived