Home

What LEC adventure do you think would make the Best Movie?

Hellbeard

What LEC Adventure game do you think would make the Best Movie? I think Full Throttle would make the Best Movie because It really had a movie feel to it and it would probaly translate rather easily into a film.

btw, If possible, Post your cast selections for the game you chose!

Grim Fandango would be awe!

But it won't be any movies from LEC, except from Star Wars. :(

Also... Full Throttle would be awe too, but where to get the cast witch is similiar to Ben and the others?

Grim Fandango only needs to be animated on computer like Toy Story or something like that... :p

I think Full Throttle (or maybe the Dig) would translate to a movie better than other LucasArts games. A somewhat simplified version of Grim Fandango would also be an absolutely rockin movie for Pixar once their Disney contract is up.

Sam & Max could also be a hilarious movie, although it would be based on the comics more than the game. As I've stated before I think surreal minimalistic makeup (like in the Cats play) for the actors playing Sam & Max would suit it best, as I think CGI characters would just be too corny (think the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie) and a full CGI movie would be excessive. An animated feature isn't out of the question, but I'm just dying to see Purcell's screwed up world in live action.

I think out of all these, Sam & Max has the best chance of getting a movie. Why? Well, there have been a helluva lot more comic book movies than computer game movies. And Steve Purcell worked at ILM last I knew, so who knows, he might end up having coffee with George Lucas* one of these days.

* On the other hand, the thought of another wacky comic book movie might cause George to start having Howard the Duck flashbacks and go into an epileptic fit.

I believe the Dig was originally intended to be a movie, but because it was so suxboring they decided to stop it from being a movie. And then someone said "ILL MAKE IT A GAME" and it began.

I don't think that Sam and Max would make a very good movie at all, the plot is nonsensical, and although I love the dialogue and the humour, that's the major let down. It's just a typical adventure game plot :/

The movie to make would be either

a) An animated musical based on Monkey Island (Take a bit out of each, make a nicer storyline)

b) Grim Fandango. Shot in Black and White, with plenty of cigar smoke.

c) Full Throttle. If a biking fad should arise, it would make a movie. I guess.

If they did make movies though, I would prefer that they stray away from the story of the games. They don't have to stay true to the game for me. WATCHING an adventure game is boring stuff, especially if you aren't in on the action.

Yes, Sam & Max would definately work as a movie. I imagine the first act would take place in the thuggy crimey underbelly of New York, then the second act could be more of a road movie. Of course the plot would have to be a bit less off-on-a-tangent than the comics. Maybe if the Freelance Police were hired to track down someone on the lamb.

Say, whatever happened to the new comic Purcell was working on, where Max gets shot in the ear?

Archived