Home

MI5 your opinion

jokemaster

I think it should go back to the Monkey Island roots....which means 2D, mouse control and all the other things that made the first three games so much better than EMI. But the most important part is of course the humour and since I'm quite optimistical that it'll be the same as we're used to, I also believe that there is another brilliant adventure game comin' ahead.

I think it should be good ol fashioned 2d too... with the controls of CMI, or maybe just like the first ones, i like that...

Maybe they could make it a little easier to use like DOTT's.

Although they could slightly change guybrush's appearance.

As for cameos... i think they should keep it to a minimum. Its actually one of the reasons i didnt like EMI, too many cameos.. especially with Otis and carla (who i thought were wrong) and they really killed murray. (figuratively speaking lol)

I think the EMI Elaine voice should be used too, and Lechuck shouldnt be quite such an important character. Just cos hes gettin a lil boring...

Phatt: Sacreligous!! I can't believe that you think LeChuck is an unimportant character. He's just as important as Guybrush! ;_;

For MI5, I think that it should be an improved interface for joystick or pad. Graphics would look nicer if they were a little smoother than than yer basic polygon models. Even more brilliant music score and voice acting would keep me happy for a while.

The only thing I would be wery of would be a multiplayer mode. That thought actually scares and puzzles me because I can't imagine any place to fit that in.

I like the way each MI game advances as time passes by. There's always some nice surprises to discover. Each game is original in its own way and the idea of going back to the original interface of MI1 and MI2 just wouldn't feel right. ;/

As for Character comebacks, I'm not really bothered about who should make a comeback this time. Mr Fossey and LeChimp were great comedy sketches and there is a bit of mystery about the whereabouts of LaGrande. I prolly won't aim my hopes too high, as long as the 3 main characters are present. It'll suit me fine. ;)

I think the next Monkey Island game should be a god game, where you get to control all the Monkeys on the Island, grow banana trees etc. You'll also get to travel to all the other islands, and all the stuff that happened in the game will happen too.

Or how about MONKEY ISLAND WRESTLING?

Or maybe MONKEY ISLAND ROAD DEMONS?

Or another cheesy spin off!

Originally posted by JRThomas

I think it should go back to the Monkey Island roots....which means 2D, mouse control and all the other things that made the first three games so much better than EMI. But the most important part is of course the humour and since I'm quite optimistical that it'll be the same as we're used to, I also believe that there is another brilliant adventure game comin' ahead.

i think that it should be 2D with point and click (moving around w/ keyboard made it seem as if though it was it was a 3d person game not an adventure game) they could make the background graphics better though

Take the graphics and control method back to CMI (of course keeping Murry as long as they get him right), make it as long as MI 2 and not forgetting some more insult sword fights.

For repeating characters it would to suit the storyline, it be nice to see if Wally and maybe even Largo returning as LuChuck's right-hand man again (I hate that annoying Dingy Dog!).

I think EMI's puzzles were kind of...forgive me please, I beg you... lame. I didn't like them as muc as CMI. They better have Dom in the games, although I don't three's a chance in Big Whoop that he won't be. It'd be nice if Elaine was pregnant or if they had a kid. (Sorry for the sappy romance stuff). I would like for them to go for the 2D because I didn't like the graphic layout of EMI. Guybrush moved like an automaton or a marrianette. It was all very strange.

I'm a little tired of the voodoo lady, eventhough she's sort of fun. Murrary should come back in some form or another, however, we can officially leave out Stan....just this once.

I definitely agree with whomever said that the music score should be incredible.

You know who'd I like to see again, and don't ask me why, the Cannibals and Kenny Foulmouth.

I'd like to see the 3 pirates of low moral fibre (if that's their correct "name"... the ones who were into starting a circus then become performance artists). They've been gone since MI2, so it might be nice to have them back again.

I'd also like to see a lot more Murray... maybe he should just get his own game. :D

Kryllith

I hope they'll cut down on the returning character factor. In EMI, I felt that all the old characters were thrown in just to make the game feel more Monkey Islandish. And it didn't work. They should focus more on making new and more interesting characters than they did in MI4 and also Curse (though it was less a problem for me there).

Also, I wish they'll make the game much darker (athmosphere-wise). Ron Gilbert has also said he loves this about the earlier MI games - especially MI2 had a lot of that creepy, dark athmosphere (evident in MI1 as well), and Blood Island in Curse had a really great, dark and romantic feeling. EMI was all colorful and happy-happy. It felt like I was playing a kid's game.

Better music than MI4 - no reruns.

And of course, no 3d. I want 2d, CMI-style art. But it won't happen.

I think you can have a dark game, without it being at all depressing. It can be funny, as long as the jokes are in the way of the mood. I mean, Monkey Island 2 was pretty dark in places, yet still managed to be one of the funniest games ever made. I think dark games have the ability to move you, and this works particularly well with an adventure game.

Originally posted by Gabez

I think you can have a dark game, without it being at all depressing. It can be funny, as long as the jokes are in the way of the mood. I mean, Monkey Island 2 was pretty dark in places, yet still managed to be one of the funniest games ever made. I think dark games have the ability to move you, and this works particularly well with an adventure game.

Exactly.

Though MI2 is the better example of this "MI darkness), just think of the dead groom being catapulted into the crypt on Blood Island in CMI. That was pretty dark, but it was definitely one of the funnier parts. And also the Flying Welshman, that was even a tad creepy.

I wish the next Monkey Island developer team will have the guts to put dark parts into their game. CMI was like half-dark, half-bright, and that was excellent. The closest you came to anything dark in EMI was the Myst's o Time and Knuttin Atoll. And that pirate school destroyed the latter. EMI didn't have any guts at all.

I think we should see the old islands -- EXACTLY HOW THEY LOOKED IN MI1 and 2 BUT *BETTER* - not craply redesigned. I liked the old characters coming back, but they definitely messed up some of the old ones in EMI -- only Herman was good I think.

I always thought Stan should have a Southern accent... I'm pretty sure that's what they intended in MI1 and 2 ("Howdy!" etc) plus Stan should have been bouncing off the walls in CMI and EMI instead still doing that crap arm thing. It worked for far away 2D stuff, but it didn't really work when everything got more details (GREAT surprise though when he did appear in CMI! :))

~ TP

Archived