Home

Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious model released!

Toonces

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i have the pre-updated model, but i'm gonna ask this question anyway.

is there a problem with the icons when you want to choose the character? i downloaded the model (great job, btw) and don't see them in the character menu thing.

if it's not a problem with the model itself (maybe a user error ;) ), what are the individual names of the skins so i can choose them in the console? all i could get was model darth_sidious (default, blue, and red) ... what are the others?

Don't worry guys, I saw the error. I am correcting as I type. but you have to also understand than when I uploaded the file, I only had 20 minutes of sleep in the past 3 days if even that. so for only the couple errors, I think I did ok for getting a file posted with no hand coordination and thought/judgement. but it has been corrected, and now that I've had a decent amount of sleep (3 hours) maybe I can get some more files posted *assuming everything goes well, and that people followed the jkii.net guidelines)

Toonces, how "flexible" is the mouth animation? I mean, the character I'm working on has a bit of an anime style to him and I'd also like to incorporate first person support, but don't know if I can go from that side-of-the-mouth open wide anger to a normal face. I have now clue of the limitations. I mean, I see 2 bones for the jaw, there's just something strange about that.

I was wondering if there is a way to "say" all the Taunts that are listed for this model for single player....plus, am i able to use this model for single player? Like the dooku that was released awhile ago. thanks.... Btw, i noticed if i just type "taunt" in the console....it spins the saber. I want to hear all those awesome sounds thats included!! Thanks guys...

Yeah, I noticed that too. Toonces, on the screenshot that you released with the model, it shows the emperor using force lightning, and his fingers are not animated. They are supposed to be sort of spread apart. Maybe you just didn't weight the hands. If that's so I think you should in the future. The Emperor and his dreaded dark side lightning just isn't the same without the hand animations. Other than that, great model.

Bah! I was meaning to do that but I totally forgot :( I made some silly little mistakes

Psynex, I'm not sure how flexible the mouth is, I beleive you'll be ok with what your trying, also there are 5 bones for the mouth (sorta) jaw, ltlip2, lblip2, rtlip2, rblip2.

As for the first person thing, I don't think width will be a problem. There are problems with Kit because his head is so long on the Y axis

LOL Man, I'm gone for a couple of days and look what happens!!

I LOVE this model. Toonces you did a great job on making The Emperor come alive. And of course Sithlord, Arco and Graffox... Oh and of course Psynex... did such an awesome job in making all those skins.

Hehe the best thing is that at no time, during this very long process, did anyone mess around on the origianl thread and ruin it with flames, childish bickering, or annoying stupidity. Heh, any stupidity that was found there didn't turn out to be annoying ;P

Seriously it was great to watch this model from it's very beginnings to what it has become, and I'm glad I could help you, Toonces.

It was very cool dealing with you, and we're not done with yet. Although I may have to release an alternate sound pack for the truly derranged fanatic (such as myself). I really enjoyed my origianl pain and jumping sounds and I'm sure that there is at least one other person that would agree with me. Heh, just one and I'll be happy. As I said all along it was your call for the final pack, so no probs with me... I just disagree with your choice ;)

That's the only thing though, everything else is absolutely wonderful.

-nomad

"Strike me down with all your hatred and your journey towards the darkside will be complete." :lightning

I only made spawnable sithlord_palpatine and darth_sidious. Steps..... extract pk3 ...change player name folder to reborn"playername" .....change model default.skin file to match player name..ie torso,models/players/sithlord_palptine/body.jpg...change sithlord to rebornpalp...........copy this to the gamedata\ base\ models\players dir and add appropiate lines to the npcs.npc file. I tried changing the names in the shaders file to the reborn"name" but when I spawn the models the inside of the hood doesn't show up like it does in multiplayer

hmm, sounds odd, I'm not a shader expert though so I doubt I'll be alot of help, but here is the origional line I wrote for the hood

models/players/sithlord_palptine/head_hood

{

cull disable

{

map models/players/sithlord_palptine/head_hood

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

alphaFunc GE128

}

}

Mirrors the hood texture, no transparency, normal lighting

You SHOULD be able to change "sithlord_palptine" to "reborn" and have it work, but I havent messed around with single player conversions much so I could be wrong

models/players/reborn/head_hood

{

cull disable

{

map models/players/reborn/head_hood

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

alphaFunc GE128

}

}

I could be completely wrong though

Archived