Home

Beating Naboo Royal Crusaders

Domenic

I just ran into these guys in an A.I. battle. They are brutal! My strategy mainly relies on mechs, because I like mechs and I like the empire :cool: . But these things chew through my mechs in seconds!

What is their most effective counter? I was beginning to think air units, but I haven't been able to test that theory. Many, many troopers or mounted troopers? Jedi conversion?

Help! I'm very dead right now, good thing I saved 10 minutes before their rush!

• 3 weeks later...

I met those guys with Trade Federation once, but I must say they aren't soo strong as you're saying. They look strong for me. I played with Royal Naboo on Single Player and the enemy's (Gungans) Fortress shoot them in a second. It depends on the size of your army. But Kryllith's idea is good too. :bdroid2: :bdroid2: :bdroid2:

If they catch you off guard, and you haven't got any mechs, then start building a mech factory right away and send your troopers out to get them. (Mounted troopers aren't all that good against troops). This will buy you some time (and possibly fight them off) until you get a mech factory up and running.

It really depends on whether or not you're playing the original game or if you've the CC expansion. I've not played them with the expansion, but apparently they are a lot better (they were killed too easily, imho, in the original so I didn't play them much, opting instead for Naboo air and jedi).

Kryllith

• 2 weeks later...

Since Royal Crusaders are considered to be troopers, they can easily be taken down by strike mechs or large amounts of other troopers. However, your strike mechs need to keep their distance, as Royal Crusaders excel at killing mechs. Since Elite Royal Crusaders are shielded, grenade troopers (which are good at taking out shields) can also be a help.

My friend and I have a Battlegrounds website completely devoted to strategies, and one of them is a Royal Crusader strategy. You can see that strategy and the rest of the site at:

Echo Base

Hope this helped.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you like empire, then use dark troopers. I play empire sometimes when I play on a LAN with my friends, one of which uses Naboo w/ Royal Crus. He sends about 40-60 at a time. The best way I found to be them was not strike mechs or troopers, but rather dark troopers. Royal Crus. are considered mounted troopers...dark troopers have a bonus against all troop center units.

Guest DarthMaulUK

When creating your army, it is all about balance.

Strike Mechs & Mech destroyers are cheap to build with food and carbon and mass building means that you should win the day...also its great to have troopers there to support your mechs against them as Naboo Crusaders attack at very close range.

DMUK

• 2 years later...

Archived