Home

CTF Map Problems (from mappack)

NyghtWalker

None of the maps show up in the selectable list when creating a CTF server. Opening the PK file all -appears- to be in order with the .arena script but it's been a while since I did one so I could be wrong.

Also it seems like flags were not included in maps 1, 2 and 3. Havent tested 4 yet, but I kicked my test server over into CTF mode and loaded the map via the console. Went in-game and got to looking around a bit, Cant find a single flag anywhere on maps 1-3.

Havent seen anyone else running one of the maps so cant really check if it's just a prob on my end or if it's an actual problem with the maps.

Well, only other thing I can think of is that I've hit some kind of limit on the number of maps the engine can list. Looking in my base directory I have 230 files (skins, maps, models, ect...). I dont have an exact count on how many CTF maps I have installed (new FFA ones I plop in continue to show up though as they're added). At first guess I'd say I have around 40 CTF maps installed.

On another note I did figure out why the flags werent showing for me. I had the RebelEscape extras which reskins the flags and apparently I was just walking past em or something.

Archived