Home

New picture from Roger Foodbelly!

jannar85

Hello all of you.

Our background leader has finished a new screenshot at the same location, only better.

This one has more detail to it, as opposed to the last one's sketchy look. He also tried to attain a more magical atmosphere.

The camera will stay a couple of seconds on the sky, pan down in like 2 seconds and then stay on the bottom for a while. So, there is very little detail in the middle of the image and it's not very impressive - don't mind it. No difference will be seen in-game though. It goes from simple and cold to detailed and warm.

He would mainly want opinions on the style. How do you like the detailed look? Would you prefer a more loose style like in the previous version? All comments are very welcome though. Lighting, mood, composition, colors, anything! But the main issue is the style as for now.

The image: http://adventurepit.adventuredevelopers.com/rogerfoodbelly/rf-art/Introscreen.html

I would strongly recommend downloading the file on your computer and viewing it in full-screen though. You can then scroll down and see how it would look like in the game. Most importantly, you will see all the details that won't be seen in browser window (if you haven't adjusted this). I think it has lots to do with how you like it. Seeing the 'big picture' isn't the purpose of this background.

Thanks in advance, and we appreciate all comments.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to make a point (& click)

Your game looks really cool, and it is really great to have another Scandinavian developer working on a great adventure game. You can see that your artist has had influences from Bill Tiler. I wish you the best of luck with your game and can't wait to finally play it. Point and click adventures are alive and ....clicking :)

Originally posted by dimidimidimi

You can see that your artist has had influences from Bill Tiler. I wish you the best of luck with your game and can't wait to finally play it. Point and click adventures are alive and ....clicking :)

Yeah, Tero Pasanen has been given a lot of tips from Bill Tiller according to the style. Maybe it's coming from there? Also, it spells with two l's ;)

We don't want Bill to get mad at us, would we? :)

Thanks for the "good luck", and I can't wait either!

(That's the one problem I do have!)

Well, we're still kicking :p

Originally posted by Erwin_Br

It's Tiller. Not Tiler :D

Point and click will never truly die as long as there is an audience for it and a (amateur/independent) developer willing to target that audience.

--Erwin

Wasn't Tiler a band or something? :p

Well, there will always be an audience for point & click, and there will always be some developer to target it as well.

Just look at the previous P&C games... Tony Tough.... (and some more, which I don't remember).

Ooooh. Erwin.... Why don't you tell us what you think of the image? ;)

Archived